Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,461 to 21,480 of 27,917

CapeSmash

IceClimbers wrote:

Any of the characters can be used effectively if you know how to use them. 64, Melee, and Brawl all suffer because a select 4-5 characters are clear cut above the rest.

That's because the meta is still extremely young.

IceClimbers wrote:

with each game having 1 character in particular that's rather broken (Pikachu in 64, Fox in Melee, and Meta Knight in Brawl)

Untitled

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

IceClimbers

@CapeSmash Diddy isn't anywhere near that level of broken. You said it yourself, the meta is still very young. Give it time and Diddy will be exposed for not being as broken as people make it out to be.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Rexcalibr

midnafanboy wrote:

Why do people care about the tier list?It's very annoying cause people just look at the lowest tier in the list and call's them pathetic and never uses them.It drives me insane that's why i only use low tiers,cause they need some love.

Rexcalibr wrote:

My biggest problem with this game is how imbalanced the roster is.

Why is it unbalanced?Cause you know how to use Rosalina but you don't know a damn thing about Wii fit trainer?

lol except I DO use low tier characters. This is how I've always played fighting games. I never use popular characters and never use Rosalina, but I can honestly say, as balanced as SSB4 might be compared to the others SSB games, it's still somewhat broken.

Take a game like Ultimate MvC3, I train with Hsein Ko (a low tier character) and Felicia, who hardly anyone uses, and even Jill, and I formulate great strategies with them and eventually can defeat skilled players using Wesker or Zero. In SSB4, no matter how good I get with Wii Fit Trainer or Peach, the chances I can defeat a good Zero Suit Samus or Wario are pretty slim.

and then when I use a character like Bowser Jr. (who is miles better than Wii Fit Trainer, Peach, Ike, etc.), I can defeat them. A huge portion of the roster lack mobility and speed, and yes it's possible to be extremely good with them but I don't see how anyone can debate that they're extremely disadvantaged against most of the roster.

I know SSB4 isn't a traditional fighting game and it's meant more for multiplayer/party but the 1 on 1 mechanics, to me while being fun, is still very broken and unbalanced.

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

MsJubilee

Rexcalibr wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Why do people care about the tier list?It's very annoying cause people just look at the lowest tier in the list and call's them pathetic and never uses them.It drives me insane that's why i only use low tiers,cause they need some love.

Rexcalibr wrote:

My biggest problem with this game is how imbalanced the roster is.

Why is it unbalanced?Cause you know how to use Rosalina but you don't know a damn thing about Wii fit trainer?

lol except I DO use low tier characters. This is how I've always played fighting games. I never use popular characters and never use Rosalina, but I can honestly say, as balanced as SSB4 might be compared to the others SSB games, it's still somewhat broken.

Take a game like Ultimate MvC3, I train with Hsein Ko (a low tier character) and Felicia, who hardly anyone uses, and even Jill, and I formulate great strategies with them and eventually can defeat skilled players using Wesker or Zero. In SSB4, no matter how good I get with Wii Fit Trainer or Peach, the chances I can defeat a good Zero Suit Samus or Wario are pretty slim.

and then when I use a character like Bowser Jr. (who is miles better than Wii Fit Trainer, Peach, Ike, etc.), I can defeat them. A huge portion of the roster lack mobility and speed, and yes it's possible to be extremely good with them but I don't see how anyone can debate that they're extremely disadvantaged against most of the roster.

I know SSB4 isn't a traditional fighting game and it's meant more for multiplayer/party but the 1 on 1 mechanics, to me while being fun, is still very broken and unbalanced.

Oh my god i'm done cause you give no reason why Smash bros is unbalanced and broken.And one last thing before i never speak to you again abut this Bowser Jr is miles better than Peach and Ike?Are you serious?Wow

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Rexcalibr

Dead serious, and is that supposed to be an ultimatum? lol

Sorry the truth hurts. Nintendo apparently does this on purpose because word is, they don't want the game to be overly competitive. Anyone who denies the roster is unbalanced can just look at Rosalina. Look at Meta Knight from the last game. There is a reason some of these characters are banned at tournaments.

Rexcalibr

Storytime7

Rexcalibr wrote:

Sorry the truth hurts. Nintendo apparently does this on purpose because word is, they don't want the game to be overly competitive. Anyone who denies the roster is unbalanced can just look at Rosalina. Look at Meta Knight from the last game. There is a reason some of these characters are banned at tournaments.

Rosalina is not as good as you think she is. Dabuz is the only competitive player who gets results with the character, and he doesn't even think she's top 5:

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

UGXwolf

@Rexcalibr You're completely missing the beauty of this game, if you're letting something as generally irrelevant as balance bother you. I play as multiple characters, many of which are high tier and many of which are low tier. (See Ike-on) What's beautiful about this particular game is that very imbalance that you seem to despise. Players can give themselves an advantage or a disadvantage simply by choosing a different character, and what characters qualify as an advantage or a disadvantage varies greatly based on that person's preferred play style.

I, myself, am an all-rounder to some degree. As such, I find Link's combination of all-round greatness (at the expense of no awesome) and heavy utility makes him a great fit for me. But if I don't wanna be so serious, I can choose Ike or Pac-man and just kinda do crazy or silly things to break the opponent's strategy. A well-used Zelda has an extremely devastating up-B, but if you don't wanna try so hard, learn to knock people around as Sheik or utilize Diddy Kong's ridiculously OP grabs and follow ups to give yourself that extra boost.

You know what's awesome? Suicide victory of a skillful Ganondorf on a spammy Pit. Know what else is awesome? Landing Zelda's up-B on an unsuspecting Zero Suit. Using Ike's impressive knock back to render Luma virtually useless in battle. Nailing the spike on Yoshi's forward air. How about when Link lobs a bomb at Sheik who's air-stalling and she floats perfectly into his side-smash range during the knockback? (Legit had that happen before) Or Pac-man tosses a key at his own hydrant, expecting to hit it and make recovery difficult for the opponent above the stage, but the hydrant chooses to be da real MVP by shooting water at your key which then moves diagonally due to weird momentum reasons and KO's the opponent because neither you nor them expected the key to do that? (Again, speaking from experience.)

The imbalance is part of what makes Smash stand out! It's not just another Mortal Kombat or another Street Fighter or another Tekken. It's something completely on its own that manages to have a competitive fighting game that doesn't pander hardcore to the competitive crowd. There's something in there for everyone, which includes the character roster. So quit bashing the game for doing what it do. Smash is a shining example of what more games need to do, these days: reach outside of the genre's "designated audience."

EDIT: Wow, that was supposed to be a quick rebuttal... that became a rant pretty fast, huh...

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

Guys, come on, lets be civil. Even if I disagree with some things that people say I've stuck with this thread a long time. I like everyone here. Unlike other sites that I won't name, the NL boards are known for being safe places for open discussion. I don't mind tiers as a popularity contest and maybe to see where individual characters strengths might lie, but not as a 100 percent tell all of what characters are the best of worst. As a Zelda main who has won nearly every online match so far, I can attest to the fact that the tiers aren't the whole story, but they can be fun to watch.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

TeeJay

Guys, this roster is HUGE. you can't realistically expect it to be completely balanced, these people aren't gods. The unpredictable nature of smash battles means they can't possibly test out every single possibility with every single move in every single situation ever. It's not humanly possible. So you need to understand that there WILL be some imbalance no matter what.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

veeflames

I don't think the game is unbalanced. If you know what you're doing you'll beat your opponent(s). And what ^TeeJay said.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Pootypie

No the game is unbalanced, Captain Falcon is the only good character everyone else is scrub. R.O.B. and Ganondorf are exceptions, no characters stand a chance against those 3.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

veeflames

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

No the game is unbalanced, Captain Falcon is the only good character everyone else is scrub. R.O.B. and Ganondorf are exceptions, no characters stand a chance against those 3.

The Capt. Falcons I meet online are actually one of the few characters that give me a good game. R.O.Bs tend to be frustrating, but you can beat them. However, I have a big problem with Ganondorf. Some of his attacks seem to have no ending lag. If my Ganondorf opponent performs... say that high kick attack, it will be a bad idea for me to approach him/her and take advantage of him/her because he can perform a Down A attack which is strong by itself. You'll think that a slow character would be the one with lots of ending lag...

God first.

Pootypie

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

The Capt. Falcons I meet online are actually one of the few characters that give me a good game. R.O.Bs tend to be frustrating, but you can beat them. However, I have a big problem with Ganondorf. Some of his attacks seem to have no ending lag. If my Ganondorf opponent performs... say that high kick attack, it will be a bad idea for me to approach him/her and take advantage of him/her because he can perform a Down A attack which is strong by itself. You'll think that a slow character would be the one with lots of ending lag...

If you want a good game with a Captain Falcon main you can do some friendlies with me if you would like.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

veeflames

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

If you want a good game with a Captain Falcon main you can do some friendlies with me if you would like.

Hm. Sure, but not now.

God first.

Pootypie

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Hm. Sure, but not now.

Wasn't saying now lol

Pootypie

MsJubilee

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Ganondorf is my kryptonite i can never beat him,cause all his damn moves are so slow!And i always dodge at the wrong second and ROB ugh that guy has so much range like every attack is unstoppable.But those characters are still fun to play against.

Rexcalibr wrote:

The truth?Your opinion is not a fact,for gods sake.And one character?That's the reason?

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TeeJay

Nintendo6400 wrote:

So I was listening to SSB4 songs on youtube when I came across this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWKMkjGL4SU&list=PL0YN3mE... I have not heard this song yet, and I have all the songs. Does anybody remember what stag this plays on? If not, then it might be miiverse.

I believe that song is on-disc but will only show up when the miiverse stage DLC is added.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Nintendo6400

TeeJay wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

So I was listening to SSB4 songs on youtube when I came across this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWKMkjGL4SU&list=PL0YN3mE... I have not heard this song yet, and I have all the songs. Does anybody remember what stag this plays on? If not, then it might be miiverse.

I believe that song is on-disc but will only show up when the miiverse stage DLC is added.

Your right, because heres nintendo land https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0LT83esf8

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Rexcalibr

Some random things I like about this game:

• I love the detail in certain things, like how Lemmy's eyes will be cross eyed in his dizzy animation and during his splatter death into the camera, while the other koopalings don't have that.
  • the music customization was a great idea. I usually keep put the percentage really high on two tracks I like per stage and keep the others significantly low. For the most part, I select tracks that played often in the 3DS version because they picked, for the most part, the best tracks available.
  • using Peach and getting Mr. Saturn or a bob-omb during her Turnip is such an amazing feeling, especially when you break their shield or actually hit them with the bomb.
  • I still don't think I use tilts or dodges as much as I should. I just don't see tilts as useful as they're made out to be…
  • I wish the characters yelled out a scream when their screen splat death happens. I love when it happens though, it's so satisfying to beat someone like that and adds in a touch of humiliation.
  • I would have liked to see more assist trophies…. like double the amount that's already in the game. I don't even care if some of them would be clones. For example, I would have liked to see Toadette as an assist character and have her act exactly like Isabelle, throwing food or something. Other possibilities: Daisy, Dixie Kong, Wart, Banjo and Kazooie, (not sure if they're allowed to be used since it's RARE), Boos, Owain, Maribelle, Lonque, Captain Crunch (lol)

Rexcalibr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic