Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,401 to 21,420 of 27,917

TeeJay

Wow! In a surprising turn of events, my level 43 Megaman "Mergamernz" (level 46 by the end of the match) beat my level 50 Villager "Johnny"!

Why? Did I not train Villager well enough? He never used his tree even though I use it semi-often. He didn't use his pocket even once either, and I use it whenever I get the chance. Did I just train Megaman that much better than Villager? Or did Megaman learn how to combat Villager as the battle progressed faster than Villager could learn to deal with a Megaman since it wasn't level 50 yet? I have so many questions. Amiibos are fascinating little bits of code.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

veeflames

Is playing around with 'noobish' players a bad thing? I think I had a rather... embarrassing match yesterday lol
At least I paid back 2 or 3 times...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Rexcalibr

Two things I've come to realize after playing a best of 14 matches online against my brother:

1. The control, for the most part, is so much easier on the 3DS than the Wii U Pro Controller. The analog stick on the pro controller and button lay out just isn't as good as the 3DS. My opinion anyway.

2. The 3DS version has a better stages, more notably Yoshi's Island, Pictochat, WarioWare stage, Pacman Stage (the Pacland one in the Wii U sucks) the EarthBound stage with clouds (it's so heavenly), and a few more I can't think of right now.

Rexcalibr

Pootypie

It's way easier on wii u pro controller than 3ds... Just takes time to get used to.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Supercatboy

How rare is the Marth Amiibo? All of my sons friends have SSB and they all keep asking where they can get one as well. My brother got it for him for Christmas in the UK without knowing what he was getting but it does seem as though he unwittingly got my son a super rare one. Any chance of them making any more?

Check out my 7 yr old sons youtube channel!
http://youtu.be/doElwBnqId8

Inkling

Supercatboy wrote:

How rare is the Marth Amiibo? All of my sons friends have SSB and they all keep asking where they can get one as well. My brother got it for him for Christmas in the UK without knowing what he was getting but it does seem as though he unwittingly got my son a super rare one. Any chance of them making any more?

There will be a reprint of Marth and other Fire Emblem characters to coincide with the launch of Code Name STEAM.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

veeflames

Rexcalibr wrote:

Two things I've come to realize after playing a best of 14 matches online against my brother:

1. The control, for the most part, is so much easier on the 3DS than the Wii U Pro Controller. The analog stick on the pro controller and button lay out just isn't as good as the 3DS. My opinion anyway.

2. The 3DS version has a better stages, more notably Yoshi's Island, Pictochat, WarioWare stage, Pacman Stage (the Pacland one in the Wii U sucks) the EarthBound stage with clouds (it's so heavenly), and a few more I can't think of right now.

1. I don't know about that, but I do think the 3DS controls quite well in Smash Bros. My Pro controller isn't the best but I manage with it, and I think ut controls just as well as, if not slightly better than the 3DS.
2. Nah. The 3DS version has some dull stages compares to the Wii U version. 3D Land < Mushroom Kingdom U, Ballon Fight is shudder, and the Find Mii stage is a meh to me. And yes, Pac Land SUCKS BIG TIME.
Just my opinion...

God first.

ZanderShepherd

I can't stand Link and Toon Link in Smash 4! Don't get me wrong, I love The Legend of Zelda, and I love Link as a character, but when playing online, Link and Toon Link are just so annoying! They're super spammy, super cheap, and super annoying to face. And he's by far the most used character online! Trust, me I wrote down my opponent from 150 different online For Glory matches, and Link was the most used character by far (with Shulk and Little Mac following).
Does anyone else think the same?

ZanderShepherd

Pootypie

Poketendo wrote:

I can't stand Link and Toon Link in Smash 4! Don't get me wrong, I love The Legend of Zelda, and I love Link as a character, but when playing online, Link and Toon Link are just so annoying! They're super spammy, super cheap, and super annoying to face. And he's by far the most used character online! Trust, me I wrote down my opponent from 150 different online For Glory matches, and Link was the most used character by far (with Shulk and Little Mac following).

My brother and I always meet a team of Link and Toon Link... We know what to expect lol.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MsJubilee

Poketendo wrote:

I faced one Link player who was godlike!He kept using the boomerang's wind and bombs at the same time!It was amazing!So many combos he pulled on me,never saw him again using those two moves.Now i just face link's who just stay in one place and spam those stupid arrows.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

veeflames

Yeah, I agree. Lin'ks projectile spammers are the worst. Their style of fighting is very similar to Mega Man spammers...

God first.

Grumblevolcano

Poketendo wrote:

I play as Shulk a lot online to spam his side taunt but in general I see Captain Falcon the most often.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MsJubilee

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Yeah, I agree. Lin'ks projectile spammers are the worst. Their style of fighting is very similar to Mega Man spammers...

Eh Megaman projectiles don't hurt that much and don't even go that far,so they're nothing to me.Except if i get near them and they roll all the way to the other side of the stage.And repeat the same process for five minutes!

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

veeflames

@midnafanboy wow. I mean I can't stand Mega Man spammers. They're just too frustrating for my liking.

God first.

TeeJay

Actually, I wish I could see Toon Link online more. I hardly see him. But I see way too many Captain Falcons and Zero Suit Samuses.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Troggy

I find that grabbing the Metal Blade from a Mega Man player leaves them wide open to attack as they try to send it out again, only to be smacked into orbit by an incoming move. You can shield a Metal Blade, which will make it drop on the ground, which will let you pick it up. As long as you keep hold of it, Mega Man can't send it out again, leaving the strategy of most players wrecked.

'The suffering of others is the most amusing thing there is' - King Dedede

TeeJay

WalupeachyTime wrote:

I find that grabbing the Metal Blade from a Mega Man player leaves them wide open to attack as they try to send it out again, only to be smacked into orbit by an incoming move. You can shield a Metal Blade, which will make it drop on the ground, which will let you pick it up. As long as you keep hold of it, Mega Man can't send it out again, leaving the strategy of most players wrecked.

I've been improving my Megaman game but I still need some work. I need to incorporate that Metal Blade back throw I see Megaman users use online. It always throws me off when they use it cause it's so sudden.

veeflames

WalupeachyTime wrote:

Thanks. I'll be sure to follow that advice.
From the top of my head, the characters I see often are Mario, Lucina/Marth, Shulk and... Yoshi. I'll have to keep a list of the characters I meet often so I can be sure.
P.S character I meet least; Wii Fit Trainer.

God first.

TeeJay

Wii Fit Trainer and Mr. Game and Watch are very rare occurrences online for me. Wario appears semi-often but when he does I know I'm in for a bad time. Wario users ALWAYS ride that freaking bike all over the stage before finishing me off with a fart followed by taunting. Basically totally in character for Wario.

NintendoFan64

TeeJay wrote:

Wii Fit Trainer and Mr. Game and Watch are very rare occurrences online for me. Wario appears semi-often but when he does I know I'm in for a bad time. Wario users ALWAYS ride that freaking bike all over the stage before finishing me off with a fart followed by taunting. Basically totally in character for Wario.

Screw that bike...

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic