Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,301 to 21,320 of 27,917

Blast

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Blast wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

These are business. Not stupid 5 year olds. Something like holding a grudge for not getting a couple games ported to their console won't keep a character out of Smash. Rayman Legends was also a Wii U exclusive in Japan and published by Nintendo there, so as far as Sakurai is concerned (since he's shown he rarely cares about the scene outside of Japan) bad blood would not be a reason against Rayman.

So after this leak I think I will never believe a leak again in my life lol. The hype inbetween Pokemon generations is going to be so unbearable now.

Do you like Ubisoft or something? They just don't treat Nintendo like garbage. They treat gamers in general as garbage. Its okay to like Rayman. Its okay to like Mega Man. Just look at the companies they came from. I personally have nothing against Rayman as a fighter Smash. I still say there's far more deserving Nintendo characters who should come before Rayman, though. And I'm pretty sure Snake isn't in Smash because MGS: GZ or PP isn't coming to Wii U.

I don't care about Ubisoft one way or another, they make something good every once in a while and if I really like it I'll get it. I'm just saying "treating like garbage" is not an argument that will be brought up against Ubisoft in the development team if Rayman was considered for Smash.

And Snake not in Smash is anyone's guess. It doesn't really matter. Snake was literally only put in Brawl because Hideo Kojima begged for it. He's friends with Sakurai. It had nothing to do with games coming out. MGS 4 came out around the same time and it wasn't on Wii.

Sorry but I can't help but think that... Mega Man is in because of Monster Hunter and past RE on Nintendo. Sonic is in because Sega is (ironically) more loyal than other 3rd parties for Wii U and other reasons. Snake was in not just because of Kojima but cuz of past MGS stuff on Nintendo. Pac-man is in because of Namco and has legacy like Mega Man and Sonic.

My point is... Relations with other companies do matter alot, in my opinion.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MsJubilee

Blast wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Blast wrote:

Of course this was fake. Ubisoft treats Nintendo like utter garbage. I don't see Sakurai giving Rayman a spot on the roster at all. He can stay as a trophy. No Far Cry 4 for Wii U? No AC anymore for Wii U? Watch Dogs Wii U is garbage? Yeah... Screw off, Ubisoft.

Capcom is treating Nintendo the same way.They released two Resident Evil games for every system besides the Wiiu,the only thing they released on a Nintendo console recently is Monster Hunter 4.Even with this treatment they let Megaman in Smash bros,so i don't see the problem in Rayman being in this.

Nah... Ubisoft has treated Nintendo far worse. Capcom does stupid stuff but nowhere near how bad Ubisoft has treated Nintendo. I could literally type a huge paragraph about Ubisoft and it all begins with when the Wii U had that Rayman game as exclusive but it became multiplatform. Then there's the AC fiasco. Watch Dogs fiasco. They don't even understand the Wii U fanbase. Have you seen the game they have for Wii U but won't release?!?! They don't understand Wii U owners at all.

Of course they don't understand Wiiu owners.You guys don't buy their games!It's a business to them,what else do you need to understand?And no i'm not defending Ubisoft either.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Blast

midnafanboy wrote:

Blast wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Blast wrote:

Of course this was fake. Ubisoft treats Nintendo like utter garbage. I don't see Sakurai giving Rayman a spot on the roster at all. He can stay as a trophy. No Far Cry 4 for Wii U? No AC anymore for Wii U? Watch Dogs Wii U is garbage? Yeah... Screw off, Ubisoft.

Capcom is treating Nintendo the same way.They released two Resident Evil games for every system besides the Wiiu,the only thing they released on a Nintendo console recently is Monster Hunter 4.Even with this treatment they let Megaman in Smash bros,so i don't see the problem in Rayman being in this.

Nah... Ubisoft has treated Nintendo far worse. Capcom does stupid stuff but nowhere near how bad Ubisoft has treated Nintendo. I could literally type a huge paragraph about Ubisoft and it all begins with when the Wii U had that Rayman game as exclusive but it became multiplatform. Then there's the AC fiasco. Watch Dogs fiasco. They don't even understand the Wii U fanbase. Have you seen the game they have for Wii U but won't release?!?! They don't understand Wii U owners at all.

Of course they don't understand Wiiu owners.You guys don't buy their games!It's a business to them,what else do you need to understand?And no i'm not defending Ubisoft either.

Ummm... I bought AC 4 for Wii U. And it does sound like you are defending the company that's been hated by tons of gamers... Not just Nintendo fans!!! Dear gawd! Do I really need to launch into a speech on Ubisoft and their practices?

Master of the Hype Train

Retro_on_theGo

Blast wrote:

Sorry but I can't help but think that... Mega Man is in because of Monster Hunter and past RE on Nintendo. Sonic is in because Sega is (ironically) more loyal than other 3rd parties for Wii U and other reasons. Snake was in not just because of Kojima but cuz of past MGS stuff on Nintendo. Pac-man is in because of Namco and has legacy like Mega Man and Sonic.

I'm sorry this is an honest question I'm not trying to be mean: You think Mega Man is in because of Monster Hunter and Resident Evil games on Nintendo systems? Did I read that right?

Just in case I read that right: MegaMan had 6 games on the NES. The series is one of the most fondly remembered on the NES. MegaMan X started on the SNES (3 in total) and is considered one of the best games in the whole franchise. The entire Mega Man Battle Network series is exclusive to Nintendo systems unless something has been ported to IOS recently I'm not aware of. MegaMan is an icon in the entire gaming industry and has a very rich history with Nintendo and you claim he's in Smash because of MH and RE..

Sonic is in because of his famous rivalry with Mario. The 16-bit console wars. It's a no brainer to put him in Smash. Sonic 06 which was supposed to be an epic remaining of Sonic (even if it was an atrocious mess) didn't come to Wii (Dodged a bullet there) and his best game in decades, Sonic Generations, did not come to Wii U but instead got a lesser version on 3DS. Again here I don't think loyalty was a reason.

Pac-Man yeah, he's in because of Bandai Namco helping develop and for being a legend. Shigeru Miyamoto wanted him in since Brawl. I really don't think "relationship" with other companies is considered when picking characters for Smash. Snake getting in just really drives that home for me. I can think of 20 characters that would fit better before him, but he got in. I was ecstatic and want him back but he was just so out of place. At this point I think almost anyone could be argued into Smash honestly lol.

Blast

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Blast wrote:

I'm sorry this is an honest question I'm not trying to be mean: You think Mega Man is in because of Monster Hunter and Resident Evil games on Nintendo systems? Did I read that right?

Just in case I read that right: MegaMan had 6 games on the NES. The series is one of the most fondly remembered on the NES. MegaMan X started on the SNES (3 in total) and is considered one of the best games in the whole franchise. The entire Mega Man Battle Network series is exclusive to Nintendo systems unless something has been ported to IOS recently I'm not aware of. MegaMan is an icon in the entire gaming industry and has a very rich history with Nintendo and you claim he's in Smash because of MH and RE..

Sonic is in because of his famous rivalry with Mario. The 16-bit console wars. It's a no brainer to put him in Smash. Sonic 06 which was supposed to be an epic remaining of Sonic (even if it was an atrocious mess) didn't come to Wii (Dodged a bullet there) and his best game in decades, Sonic Generations, did not come to Wii U but instead got a lesser version on 3DS. Again here I don't think loyalty was a reason.

Pac-Man yeah, he's in because of Bandai Namco helping develop and for being a legend. Shigeru Miyamoto wanted him in since Brawl. I really don't think "relationship" with other companies is considered when picking characters for Smash. Snake getting in just really drives that home for me. I can think of 20 characters that would fit better before him, but he got in. I was ecstatic and want him back but he was just so out of place. At this point I think almost anyone could be argued into Smash honestly lol.

When I said "legacy" that's pretty much what I meant regarding Mega Man and Sonic and even Pac-Man.

Master of the Hype Train

Tsuchinoko

Just wondering for those that registered both games, have you gotten your Cds yet?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

FireEmblem

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Just wondering for those that registered both games, have you gotten your Cds yet?

Nope... Still waiting for it.

FireEmblem

Tsuchinoko

When did you register your games?

FireEmblem

Somewhere in december. The CDs are supposed to be sent in Q1, so they have plenty of time left.

Edited on by FireEmblem

FireEmblem

Pootypie

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Nope... because my family said so. Just Mewtwo DLC for me, that's fine though.

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pkmns

FireEmblem wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Nope... Still waiting for it.

Same here. I had begun to wonder whether I had given the wrong address.

Pkmns

Tsuchinoko

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Wh...what?

cookiex

Blast wrote:

And I'm pretty sure Snake isn't in Smash because MGS: GZ or PP isn't coming to Wii U.

Snake's appearance Brawl partially promoted MGS4 even though it was a PS3 exclusive.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

MsJubilee

Blast wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Blast wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Blast wrote:

Ummm... I bought AC 4 for Wii U. And it does sound like you are defending the company that's been hated by tons of gamers... Not just Nintendo fans!!! Dear gawd! Do I really need to launch into a speech on Ubisoft and their practices?

You didn't read my post did you?I said it's a business every company including your precious Nintendo is trying to get every cent they can from you.And i know Ubisoft been doing some shady stuff,that's them cause they know nothing's going to happen to them.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Pootypie

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Wh...what?

Despite it being free they don't think it is something I should get. But... It's free lol

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

TeeJay

@TheGreatBrawler ???????

I feel like we're missing some info here. Feel free to tell me to mind my own business (I have a controlling family too) but what do they have against CDs? Or is it the shipping they have a problem with?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pootypie

TeeJay wrote:

@TheGreatBrawler ???????

I feel like we're missing some info here. Feel free to tell me to mind my own business (I have a controlling family too) but what do they have against CDs? Or is it the shipping they have a problem with?

I don't have any idea why either lol

Pootypie

Inkling

MorphMarron wrote:

Rayman?

What about him?

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic