Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,181 to 21,200 of 27,917

Blast

Swiket wrote:

Untitled

Can't wait!

LOL

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

Sanya wrote:

facepalms Ok guys we get it, but when there's a video of the game being run WITH Rayman/Mewtwo in the roster...that's kinda hard to fake, you know.

Unless its a bored Smash fan trying so hard to troll.

Master of the Hype Train

Nintendo6400

Blast wrote:

Sanya wrote:

facepalms Ok guys we get it, but when there's a video of the game being run WITH Rayman/Mewtwo in the roster...that's kinda hard to fake, you know.

Unless its a bored Smash fan trying so hard to troll.

Those actually exist.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

skywake

The only leaks I'll believe are the ones that show actual gameplay with the character. Character select screens are just way too easy to fake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Azooooz

Nom Nom Nom. This leak thread is delicious.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

cookiex

IF Rayman is legit, it would be amazing.

I want to believe.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Tsuchinoko

Either way, one thing I haven't seen discussed is the download hub for Mewtwo and possible future DLC characters. Even games with minimal DLC have some sort of separate DLC menu right? Im wondering how this will work. Again, this is assuming the leak isn't real.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Grumblevolcano

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Either way, one thing I haven't seen discussed is the download hub for Mewtwo and possible future DLC characters. Even games with minimal DLC have some sort of separate DLC menu right? Im wondering how this will work. Again, this is assuming the leak isn't real.

Not all, sometimes there's just a link to the eshop just by pressing start for example (Hyrule Warriors). That said, I do prefer how it's done with games such as Mario Kart 8 and Mario Golf World Tour in the form of an ingame shop. What I do dislike though is when a game update causes preorder DLC to tease the person playing (e.g. Villager, Isabelle and Dry Bowser are still shown on the character select screen in Mario Kart 8 despite the 2nd DLC pack not coming out for another 3 months).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

skywake

Not trying to say anything either way about this "leak" (it looks decent but there needs to be more for it to be trusted) but...

Tsuchinoko wrote:

They do have the ability to patch their games to add this stuff. Mario Kart 8 at launch didn't have the shop icon, Amiibos or any indication of them. Same was true of Pikmin 3 which got a patch which enabled the shop. I'm actually pretty sure this is how they've done it for every game.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Tsuchinoko

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Not all, sometimes there's just a link to the eshop just by pressing start for example (Hyrule Warriors). That said, I do prefer how it's done with games such as Mario Kart 8 and Mario Golf World Tour in the form of an ingame shop. What I do dislike though is when a game update causes preorder DLC to tease the person playing (e.g. Villager, Isabelle and Dry Bowser are still shown on the character select screen in Mario Kart 8 despite the 2nd DLC pack not coming out for another 3 months).

Thats interesting. My experience with DLC started with the 3ds, and is limited to Fire Emblem Awakening and FF Theatrhythm. Although Monster Hunter 4G has an in game shop with the remaining funds left in the users account, though nothing has been offered yet. Thats another big mystery.

@Skywake Oh don't worry, I know that, but with the whole Mewtwo only DLC sort-of statement the topic of an in-game shop update hasn't been discussed much. If Mewtwo was offered just as a special promotion, I was thinking that he would just be downloaded using the code directly through the eshop, just like an update but exclusive. Then when he was further explained as actual paid DLC I was wondering how that would work, and that without an eshop code he would have to be downloaded in-game, and an in-game shop is the normal way that works. Then again, an in-game shop usually isn't created for just a single character right? I do remember Ace Attorney 5 having a single downloadable episode. How did that work?

Just wondering about the logistics and process of making Mewtwo available to the public.

Edit. Ace Attorney 5 had two episodes and costumes. My bad.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

DreamyViridi

I'm just annoyed by the fact that if this is true, that's yet another surprise ruined thanks to leakers... plus now it'd be possible to have a 4-player Smash with all the players being a different character and none of them being Nintendo, something about that is a bit saddening to me. It's Smash3DS pre-release all over again but nevertheless, let's see where this goes.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Tsuchinoko

DreamyViridi wrote:

I'm just annoyed by the fact that if this is true, that's yet another surprise ruined thanks to leakers... plus now it'd be possible to have a 4-player Smash with all the players being a different character and none of them being Nintendo, something about that is a bit saddening to me. It's Smash3DS pre-release all over again but nevertheless, let's see where this goes.

Well, if it makes you feel better, didn't Megaman get his start with Nintendo? And the majority of his games have been on Nintendo consoles?

NinjaWaddleDee

I honestly never saw this coming. Well, bring on the Snake then.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Grumblevolcano

Looks like the quest for completing All Star on Hard with everyone must return then. These DLC releases will inevitably make that challenge significantly harder.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Looks like the quest for completing All Star on Hard with everyone must return then. These DLC releases will inevitably make that challenge significantly harder.

What's worse is that I sucked as Mewtwo in Melee, so it's gonna be a nightmare for me!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Tsuchinoko

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Bring it on!

Blast

Am I still the only one bothered that a Ubisoft character is becoming a fighter before much more deserving Nintendo characters?

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic