Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,921 to 20,940 of 27,917

Screenshot

Up until this weekend I've hated how hard competitive Melee is to get into, now I realise that it's also a spectator sport, the crowd was so hyped.... Really hoping Mang0 vs. Leffen is a thing... $1k on the line is utterly insane, but it seems like something Mang0 would do.

Proud owner of a New 3DS Ambassador Edition
Previously known as: SlicingScyther

Nintendo Network ID: Blastoise286

CapeSmash

Smash 4 Top 8 is LIVE.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Justlink

I'm training for a Tourney next weekend! Getting pumped! I got 4th place last time, and that was my first time playing the Wii U version!

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

IceClimbers

Dear god this Rosalina vs Pac-Man match made Smash 4 look slower than Brawl.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

CapeSmash

IceClimbers wrote:

Smash 4 is probably more slower than Brawl. Seriously, these matches are taking for eeeeeverrr. This isn't fun to watch at all. I feel like Smash 4 has a lot of potential, but nobody is showing that potential. It makes me furious.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

IceClimbers

CapeSmash wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Smash 4 is probably more slower than Brawl. Seriously, these matches are taking for eeeeeverrr. This isn't fun to watch at all. I feel like Smash 4 has a lot of potential, but nobody is showing that potential. It makes me furious.

Part of the problem is that they insisted on 3 stock earlier on, and now that it is 2 stock they're insisting on best of 5 sets. WHY? Best 2 out of 3 at most. Rules need heavy revising.

Retro_on_theGo

Apex has been quite the revolution for me. I finally understand why a lot of people prefer Melee as the better Smash game. After this lack luster top 16 and majority of the pools, I definitely prefer Melee as a competitive game. It's even more fun to watch for me now. Although I think that's coming more from the story lines behind the players lol.
I'm still going to stick to Smash 4 just because Melee has way too high of a skill barrier/execution barrier imo but I prefer watching Melee after today. It's so hype.

CapeSmash

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Apex has been quite the revolution for me. I finally understand why a lot of people prefer Melee as the better Smash game. After this lack luster top 16 and majority of the pools, I definitely prefer Melee as a competitive game. It's even more fun to watch for me now. Although I think that's coming more from the story lines behind the players lol.
I'm still going to stick to Smash 4 just because Melee has way too high of a skill barrier/execution barrier imo but I prefer watching Melee after today. It's so hype.

Finally, someone that gets it! And yeah, competitive Melee is SUPER hard to learn/master. I've been playing it competitivelly for 2 years, and I still haven't mastered the advanced techs and many other things. Not only that, but if you stop playing Melee for awhile then come back to it; pretty much all your skill is gone, and you have practice and relearn everything again. But once you get everything down and can do most of the advanced stuff fluidity; it's one hell of a crazy time.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

MsJubilee

You know something watching apex was way more exciting then watching the Super Bowl.Cause wow the Super Bowl was so disappointing,But i will admit watching people play melee was actually fun.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

IceClimbers

FINALLY Smash 4 grand finals. Please Zero, 3-0 this Dabuz guy.

CapeSmash

Apparently ZeRo is going to drop Diddy for Captain Falcon and Shulk. Good. The end of Diddy is near...

Smash Mains:

CapeSmash

"Go buy Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, so you can be really good at down throw to up air, and up throw to up air"

Really D1? LOL

Smash Mains:

MsJubilee

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Um. Ok?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1g2iph3yKiM
has this ever happened to anybody?

Is it a glitch?Cause wow i didn't see a second lyoid being thrown at that moment.Or maybe it's the stage?Oh Villager never ceases to amaze me.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Storytime7

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Geez, and I thought ZeRo was an annoying camper.

Honestly, he's one of the more interesting Smash 4 players to watch. With the way he beats other top players so easily, it's like the game was made for him.

Edited on by Storytime7

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

CapeSmash

aMsa's Yoshi is so HYPE!

Smash Mains: