Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,901 to 20,920 of 27,917

JC10101

That 5-0 on chillindude... The salt was real. Apex is great so far.

3DS: 4425 1513 9879
Wii U : JC10101
Part of team EXP gaming! I main Ness and Sheik~

Twitter:

IceClimbers

Mang0 vs Leffen tomorrow if they face off with $1K on the line. HYPE.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Storytime7

JC10101 wrote:

That 5-0 on chillindude... The salt was real. Apex is great so far.

Yeah, Leffen destroyed that man. I never thought Chillin had a chance of winning the set, but I thought he would at least be able to take a game off of Leffen.

IceClimbers wrote:

Mang0 vs Leffen tomorrow if they face off with $1K on the line. HYPE.

That'll be a great set if it happens.

Edited on by Storytime7

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

CapeSmash

I haven't been watching APEX all that much, but did they stream SSB4 yet? If they did, was there any Diddy Kong, rolling, grabbing, and Smashville spam?

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Retro_on_theGo

Apex is freaking hype as heck and we're not even at finals yet. That was amazing! Press 1 if you feel bad for Chillin, guys.
Dear lord he got bodied. I was rooting for him. I really hope Leffen meats Mango in bracket tomorrow though. $1000 MONEY MATCH! Crazy!
It's like I'm watching the WWE but infinitely better!

IceClimbers

CapeSmash wrote:

I haven't been watching APEX all that much, but did they stream SSB4 yet? If they did, was there any Diddy Kong, rolling, grabbing, and Smashville spam?

During the pools, not very much actually (well, Diddy anyway. Smashville was common). There was a Wiimote+Nunchuck Olimar that won a match, and a guy who won a few matches with Mega Man (and got through). During Doubles there was a 2x Diddy team, but that was at the same time as a quadruple Fox match in Melee doubles.

KO-Cub

CapeSmash wrote:

Are you still unhappy about that. Just forget about it CapeSmash, if they do it. they do it. If it happens, it happens.

Anyway, I could not help myself with this Smash4 commotion and needed to play some matches. Used Fox but somehow cancelled my Deflect special by using a Dodge. King Dedede's Gordo came my way and I input Deflect and accidentally pressed other buttons at the same time or so and even though the deflect's activation sound was heard, Fox went into a Dodge animation instead and no sight of the Deflect's animation even though I still deflected the Gordo.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

IceClimbers

Most of the Diddy spam happened in doubles.

Pootypie

So yesterday I was playing For Glory, I was playing ditto (Captain Falcon) and the opponent saw me idling, so he waited! I was idling for few seconds because I had to go get the door, and I was worried that he might just take advantage of that but fortunately he didn't... it made me happy to do that, and we spammed the show me yo moves taunt for a bit which was nice. It was nice doing a lot of matches with him, I just had to send him a friend request. Hopefully he accepts...

How do we keep track of APEX? I don't know where to see livestreams.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

veeflames

Those were some pretty sweet singles at the Smash Wii U pool. I can't wait for more matches!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

veeflames

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

So yesterday I was playing For Glory, I was playing ditto (Captain Falcon) and the opponent saw me idling, so he waited! I was idling for few seconds because I had to go get the door, and I was worried that he might just take advantage of that but fortunately he didn't... it made me happy to do that, and we spammed the show me yo moves taunt for a bit which was nice. It was nice doing a lot of matches with him, I just had to send him a friend request. Hopefully he accepts...

Sigh.. I think I've idled in a match before, and my opponent took advantage.... I think. Anyway, that's swell. If I met an idle player, I'd either play around the stage or... quit.

God first.

Pootypie

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Sigh.. I think I've idled in a match before, and my opponent took advantage.... I think. Anyway, that's swell. If I met an idle player, I'd either play around the stage or... quit.

Well to be honest, it would be a bit hard not to take advantage.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

veeflames

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Well to be honest, it would be a bit hard not to take advantage.

That is why players in For Glory should be active all the time. I think the hardest thing is knowing when your opponent's idle. No one likes battling opponents without effort, even if it easily racks up your records.
I remember leaving a match for urgent reasons. I don't know why, but I quit the match. I wish I didn't, but I did.

God first.

CapeSmash

MetalK9 wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

Are you still unhappy about that. Just forget about it CapeSmash, if they do it. they do it. If it happens, it happens.

Anyway, I could not help myself with this Smash4 commotion and needed to play some matches. Used Fox but somehow cancelled my Deflect special by using a Dodge. King Dedede's Gordo came my way and I input Deflect and accidentally pressed other buttons at the same time or so and even though the deflect's activation sound was heard, Fox went into a Dodge animation instead and no sight of the Deflect's animation even though I still deflected the Gordo.

In Melee, Fox can act out of shine at anytime. However, in Smash 4, you can only act out of it when a projectile hits it. So that's probably the case.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Pootypie

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

aMSa vs MVD was really good. It was awesome to see a Duck Hunt that didn't play so campy. My stream crashed on the last minute. -_- It was so tense, who won? Plleeeaase be aMSa!

He won also thanks @Storytime7 for the article.

Pootypie

veeflames

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

aMSa vs MVD was really good. It was awesome to see a Duck Hunt that didn't play so campy. My stream crashed on the last minute. -_- It was so tense, who won? Plleeeaase be aMSa!

Yeah, it was him. aMSa. His opponent Greninja was awesome, too.
As a Duck Hunt main, I definitely need to learn some new tricks from him!
EDIT: WAIT, WHAT? No, it wasn't aMSa.... aMSa was the Greninja guy, right? The Duck Hunt player was a long haired guy[insert his name here, I forgot]. That's who won.
Bottom line, Duck Hunt won.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic