Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,841 to 20,860 of 27,917

DefHalan

MetalK9 wrote:

They're are many ways to play a character and that one player just might have liked their play style for those characters. Sure, I'd adapt and change the way I play, but I don't screw with the main core of my characters play style. With Ike, I spam Aether and Quick Draw. When it doesn't work, I change my approach and do my spamming less so it becomes a surprise which then it starts working. I've versed the same people over and over again and did the same as the player your talking about. I still won. I think it's because I watch carefully like a cat. You say you expect something to change and so do I, but all I do is roll/jump away for a couple of times. U know, play with my food.

I understand what you are saying. I just got annoyed with fighting someone who just relied on the same combo over and over. It may work for now but it is no fun to play against. I would rather foght someone that has many ways to attack and doesn't just rely on 1 combo. Like I said it was mainly just a rant, I know where I am weak in my game and it doesn't help going back and forth between the different versions

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

KO-Cub

@DefHalan - Admitting your wrongs and weaknesses is a sign of a honest and good player.

midnafanboy wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

I run into so many spammers in FG 1-on-1.Every once in a while,I run into a player who actually wants to play regularly,but the spamming is just so rampant online.

Sometimes in for glory I meet idle people for a while, free wins are good aren't they?

No it's not it's not good winning against someone who wasn't even trying or didn't care to play.It's pathetic for someone winning somebody who wasn't even trying it's sad.

I'll take a win and add it to my W/L, but I agree. There are people out there who think they're top crap and better than me because I miss played, didn't try and other sorts of things, but they'll never know my potential and they always wash their hands at the sight of me. I always think winning the first match means you're better than them, no matter what (Cause that's what Tourneys do). You adapted better then your opponent upon meeting for the first match. So your better right? But you have a couple more matches and they beat you two times in a row and then they think there better even though they needed to take the first match just to get to you. Then they leave the match. Thinking because most wins = rights.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Pootypie

MetalK9 wrote:

@DefHalan - Admitting your wrongs and weaknesses is a sign of a honest and good player.

midnafanboy wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

I run into so many spammers in FG 1-on-1.Every once in a while,I run into a player who actually wants to play regularly,but the spamming is just so rampant online.

Sometimes in for glory I meet idle people for a while, free wins are good aren't they?

No it's not it's not good winning against someone who wasn't even trying or didn't care to play.It's pathetic for someone winning somebody who wasn't even trying it's sad.

I'll take a win and add it to my W/L, but I agree. There are people out there who think they're top crap and better than me because I miss played, didn't try and other sorts of things, but they'll never know my potential and they always wash their hands at the sight of me. I always think winning the first match means you're better than them, no matter what (Cause that's what Tourneys do). You adapted better then your opponent upon meeting for the first match. So your better right? But you have a couple more matches and they beat you two times in a row and then they think there better even though they needed to take the first match just to get to you. Then they leave the match. Thinking because most wins = rights.

I disagree with you, what if the opponent has laggy input for that match? Cuz one match I lost to a team that has both Shulks that spam up b because of the laggy input for that match. The match wasn't laggy so I don't know why it took forever to do what I told the character to do. Like I told the character to dodge, it dodges 5 seconds later. That match was worth nothing lol.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MsJubilee

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

So you want their teammate to beat us up? Lol

Who's us?And who's teammate?What in gods blazes are you talking about?

Team matches...

Brother i was talking about single player matches,team matches that one person is idle is just a troll.I had a teammate like that who didn't do anything just taunt or teabag himself,i will admit it was pretty funny.But very annoying that's why i don't play team matches anymore.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MsJubilee

MetalK9 wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

I had a sort of same experience i was playing online yesterday,i fought a guy and he barley beat me with a minute in the clock he had 200 percent and i have 180.Like i always do i roll to his down smash,after the match.The guy wrote noob in the name section,and left.I was so mad about it,that rusted my jimmies.But i do this i when i face someone i fight him three times and i'm gone,cause it can get boring.Except if the guy and you are tied in wins then i stay.Beside that i leave after match 3,but that's just me i don't know about you guys.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Pootypie

midnafanboy wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

So you want their teammate to beat us up? Lol

Who's us?And who's teammate?What in gods blazes are you talking about?

Team matches...

Brother i was talking about single player matches,team matches that one person is idle is just a troll.I had a teammate like that who didn't do anything just taunt or teabag himself,i will admit it was pretty funny.But very annoying that's why i don't play team matches anymore.

I only play team matches with my brother, so I'm safe from these kind of things you mentioned lol.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Drobotic

Well,the only advice I can give on dealing with spammers at the moment is to punish them quickly whenever they are too predictable.Like if Toon Link does his down air over and over again when in the air,just roll or move out of the way and do a quick attack to rack up some damage.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

Pootypie

Drobotic wrote:

Well,the only advice I can give on dealing with spammers at the moment is to punish them quickly whenever they are too predictable.Like if Toon Link does his down air over and over again when in the air,just roll or move out of the way and do a quick attack to rack up some damage.

Or just pick Mario and use F.L.U.D.D. on them, works literally every time lol!

Pootypie

FriedSquid

I saw this earlier. Still would have loved a Rhythm Heaven character to make it in, and I always thought a Dr. Mario stage would be cool.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

shingi_70

We still don't have any major confirmation of any add-on content after Mewtwo and the multiplayer content. I know sakurai shot down the idea, but after the Mario Kart DLC getting lot of positive reception I could see Smash getting post mewtwo DLC set for the next year. If not for the money but to start to gather what working on smash will be like without Sakurai.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

KO-Cub

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

Or just pick Mario and use F.L.U.D.D. on them, works literally every time lol!

Ye- not as much as Counter.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Pootypie

Lol, so I asked something related to my smash 4 wallpaper. Someone replied "change it to melee." Shows how crazy melee fanboys can get!

Pootypie

YoshiGamer

Add me: 2423-4796-6324

Merry christmas and happy new year!! :)
I am a daily Ninty gamer :)

FC: 2423-4796-6324
Feel free to add me! :)

YoshiGamer

Whats your FC my fc 2423-4796-6324

Merry christmas and happy new year!! :)
I am a daily Ninty gamer :)

FC: 2423-4796-6324
Feel free to add me! :)

DefHalan

So I was playing last night and I noticed a big problem, input lag. I was experiencing input lag which makes it difficult

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Azooooz

DefHalan wrote:

So I was playing last night and I noticed a big problem, input lag. I was experiencing input lag which makes it difficult

It's normal. Everyone gets input lag when playing online.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

veeflames

Input lag sucks. It looks like the game takes a second or two to process your input before it is executed. And it always happens in lag-free matches! Weirdom.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Pootypie

Too many characters are good at this game lol, I already am thinking of maining Wario again (used to main him in Brawl)... Why do I have too many mains?!

Pootypie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic