Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,821 to 20,840 of 27,917

Pootypie

Nintendo6400 wrote:

That side b and down tilt comb with Ganon isn't always a guarantee.

Yeah exactly, that's why it's not reliable.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

Tarrazu wrote:

Really? I've never been able to get out of it. I'll have to try later.

I have a (potato recorded) video of a sudden death team match where I did side b on link about to do down tilt but he hit me before I finished it. Thankfully my team didn't lose though xD

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Nintendo6400

You can actually tec the ground after he uses that move. The best part about his side be is that there's always a chance for a follow up, however its quite punishable if you miss.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Drobotic

I run into so many spammers in FG 1-on-1.Every once in a while,I run into a player who actually wants to play regularly,but the spamming is just so rampant online.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

Pootypie

Drobotic wrote:

I run into so many spammers in FG 1-on-1.Every once in a while,I run into a player who actually wants to play regularly,but the spamming is just so rampant online.

Sometimes in for glory I meet idle people for a while, free wins are good aren't they?

Pootypie

MsJubilee

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

Sometimes in for glory I meet idle people for a while, free wins are good aren't they?

No it's not it's not good winning against someone who wasn't even trying or didn't care to play.It's pathetic for someone winning somebody who wasn't even trying it's sad.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Nintendo6400

Drobotic wrote:

I hate spammers.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

MsJubilee

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

I hate spammers.

I love spammers

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

NintendoFan64

I've met some idlers, too. I usually just stop and see if he/she does something. They don't really start to fight until after I've knocked them off the screen. I've run into some spammers, and have most certainly been annoyed. Especially when they do it while camping on the other side of the stage...

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Retro_on_theGo

So sorry guys, despite all the encouragement, in the end I actually had something to do on Saturday that kept me from going to the tournament I was talking about. Darn college obligations. BUT, next weekend I'm heading over to my favorite arcade to enter their weekly tourney. $10 entry fee again and I'm going to take top spot. Although there's a really good Rosalina regular which scares me as a Mega Man main

People uploaded pictures of the tourney I missed and it looked awesome. It turns out my ex was there too though. o.o Haven't seen her in a year so that could have been weird. But it's a monthly tournament apparently so I'll just make sure to go next month! Gonna be practicing with Mega Man until then.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Justlink

NintendoFan64 wrote:

I've met some idlers, too. I usually just stop and see if he/she does something. They don't really start to fight until after I've knocked them off the screen. I've run into some spammers, and have most certainly been annoyed. Especially when they do it while camping on the other side of the stage...

I hate when in 1v1, someone leaves midfight and ur left with a dumb cpu.

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Pootypie

midnafanboy wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

No it's not it's not good winning against someone who wasn't even trying or didn't care to play.It's pathetic for someone winning somebody who wasn't even trying it's sad.

So you want their teammate to beat us up? Lol

Pootypie

MsJubilee

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

Who's us?And who's teammate?What in gods blazes are you talking about?

Pootypie

midnafanboy wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

Who's us?And who's teammate?What in gods blazes are you talking about?

Team matches...

Pootypie

UGXwolf

You never said it was in 2v2. XD Also, I'm late, but I wanna pitch in my 2 cent on Smash 4 and Melee being at Evo. It's great. It represents two sides of competitive Fighting Games. One that's progressive and one that's dedicated. One wants to see who's learned the best the quickest while the other wants to see who put the most time, effort, and talent into it. Also, because I think FGC people that complain about Smash saying "it's not a real fighting game" are silly and I want to piss them off some more.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DefHalan

OMG I just went up against the most annoying player I have ever encountered. I was playing online on 3DS. This guy had no imagination in his fighting style. He won most of the time because I was expecting him to try different things but he just kept doing the same attacks over and over. Each time he would win he would switch characters, each time I won he kept playingthe same character. After I won I would win a few more than I would start to slip up from eexpecting him to see his flaws and change. It was the most annoying matches I have had in a long time. After the match I am worried that Smash 4 has become more about finding 1good combo with each character and just repeating it over and over (like what I see in all "Diddy Kong is OP" videos) what happened to a mixed fighting style? Hopefully I can get good enough to beat that style. I feel switching between the 3DS and Wii U versions are negatively affecting my playstyle. Problem is I prefer the Wii U version and my brother only has the 3DS version. I wish there was only a console version of this game... well rant over lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CapeSmash

UGXwolf wrote:

Also, because I think FGC people that complain about Smash saying "it's not a real fighting game" are silly and I want to piss them off some more.

I wonder what the reaction was to those people who say "Smash isn't a true/real fighting game" was when they found out 2 Smash games were going to be at EVO. XD

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Tsuchinoko

DefHalan wrote:

OMG I just went up against the most annoying player I have ever encountered. I was playing online on 3DS. This guy had no imagination in his fighting style. He won most of the time because I was expecting him to try different things but he just kept doing the same attacks over and over. Each time he would win he would switch characters, each time I won he kept playingthe same character. After I won I would win a few more than I would start to slip up from eexpecting him to see his flaws and change. It was the most annoying matches I have had in a long time. After the match I am worried that Smash 4 has become more about finding 1good combo with each character and just repeating it over and over (like what I see in all "Diddy Kong is OP" videos) what happened to a mixed fighting style? Hopefully I can get good enough to beat that style. I feel switching between the 3DS and Wii U versions are negatively affecting my playstyle. Problem is I prefer the Wii U version and my brother only has the 3DS version. I wish there was only a console version of this game... well rant over lol

Could you give some examples of the repetitive combos with thdm characters he was using? Like I'm having trouble thinking of how a person could win with a limited moveset or single move.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

KO-Cub

@DefHalan - They're are many ways to play a character and that one player just might have liked their play style for those characters. Sure, I'd adapt and change the way I play, but I don't screw with the main core of my characters play style. With Ike, I spam Aether and Quick Draw. When it doesn't work, I change my approach and do my spamming less so it becomes a surprise which then it starts working. I've versed the same people over and over again and did the same as the player your talking about. I still won. I think it's because I watch carefully like a cat. You say you expect something to change and so do I, but all I do is roll/jump away for a couple of times. U know, play with my food.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

DefHalan

Well a lot of his combos required grabs which I have had trouble spot dodging. The different character each had their own combos which is why hos switching characters constantly was annoying. One of the problems was DK doing a crouch attack that was very quick with plenty of knockback. Once he had me in air he used DK's back ariel which was similar with little to no build up and plenty of knockback. As Metaknight he would grab me throw down then up ariel until I was damaged enough for him to kill me with his up B. I need to work on my spot dodges to counter grabs. Yoshi's roll takes to long against grabs.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic