Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,741 to 20,760 of 27,917

KO-Cub

@Retro_on_theGo - If you play online or verse your friends and win a lot. You'll do fine. Believe it. Who will you be using?

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

veeflames

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Played some games with a friend and my little brother today after a long break and find out there's a comic shop nearby holding a tournament this weekend with over $1500 in cash prize!!!! It'd be my first tournament, I'm really tempted to go.

Awww man. I'm filled with envy!
Go for it, anyway. Sure you'll do fine.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Azooooz

I have realized that it's been 4 months since they said that there is going to be update for Smash Bros. Wii U, where you can host tournaments or participate in them, send and receive custom stages and photos, and Miiverse stages. It's been long. I hope they weren't been canned.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

DefHalan

Azooooz wrote:

I have realized that it's been 4 months since they said that there is going to be update for Smash Bros. Wii U, where you can host tournaments or participate in them, send and receive custom stages and photos, and Miiverse stages. It's been long. I hope they weren't been canned.

They will probably release when Mewtwo releases.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

miiandmario

DefHalan wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

Thats gonna be one heck of an update.

Switch FC: 6433-7682-7412
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

NintendoFan64

miiandmario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

Thats gonna be one heck of an update.

Correction: It's gonna be one hell of an update! I'm looking forward to sharing my stages...sure would be nice if I could save them to an SD card (yes, I'm still bothered by that. It's one of the very few gripes I have with this game.)

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

Azooooz wrote:

2 months... Not 4 months.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

cookiex

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

Three months, not two months.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

FriedSquid

cookiex wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

Three months, not two months.

My head hurts.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Grumblevolcano

DefHalan wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

I think so too but it could be at the same time as the 3DS amiibo update in February.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

I think we should just wait and let them surprise us. I don't know why anyone would even think those ideas got scrapped. So many people are counting on them being in the game.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Pootypie

I decided to try out Ganon... And damn he's awesome! Why haven't I played as him earlier lol, he plays similarly to Falcon so I know how to play as him a bit. Definitely will main him although I think I'm maining too many now . :s

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

DreamyViridi

@TheGreatBrawler - Yes, I don't know what it is about Smash 4 Ganon but he's quite fun to play as when done right. A montage video showed me the light (or darkness?) on Ganon's Up-Tilt and ever since, I've loved getting KOs with it.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Captain_Toad

DreamyViridi wrote:

@TheGreatBrawler - Yes, I don't know what it is about Smash 4 Ganon but he's quite fun to play as when done right. A montage video showed me the light (or darkness?) on Ganon's Up-Tilt and ever since, I've loved getting KOs with it.

Dat range and power tho......

Also, I hate captain falcon's up air.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Pootypie

DreamyViridi wrote:

It's neat for ledgeguarding if timed right although it may not work on characters like R.O.B., Villager, or Olimar (unless they can't go further anymore and can predict where they are going). I love killing with side b to down tilt, it's hilarious. xD

Pootypie

TeeJay

Yes side B to down tilt is dangerous when going against Ganondorf, and for some reason down tilt launches? It makes no sense to me but hey it gives him a reliable kill move that doesn't take forever so more power to him

EDIT: I just saw some of that video and holy heckles, I had not idea his up tilt had that much reach! He can destroy people hanging off the ledge from so far away, and even cancel moves from people trying to attack from behind. It sort of sucks players into it too but that I already knew

I may have to actually try him out sometime. He could be my first heavyweight character if I can get him down (normally I go for the speedsters)

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DreamyViridi

Yeah, I ended up laughing hard at some of the clips the first time but then I noticed its range, KO power and the fact that it's an instant Shield breaker if not perfect shielded. Ganon's Up-Tilt can make for a decent trapping / mind-game move if you know the opponent well enough. I previously never used it intentionally but now I understand it. It's not a useless move like some might think, by all means try it!

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TeeJay

I just tried him out and noticed something. His up tilt can't be executed whenever? I have to wait until it's fully charged every time? That complicates things...

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DreamyViridi

TeeJay wrote:

I just tried him out and noticed something. His up tilt can't be executed whenever? I have to wait until it's fully charged every time? That complicates things...

Yes, the kick requires a small charge-up with no way to speed up the process. That's normally why it's considered useless but with right timing and pressure in matches, opponents either won't notice it or make a mistake. It's a matter of practice really and don't spam it. It's more of a surprise move than anything. The author of that video goes into more detail in one of the comments.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic