Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,661 to 20,680 of 27,917

Pootypie

CapeSmash wrote:

"the competitive play for this game at the moment is a Diddy Kong down throw to up air spam roll fest."

I'm dead serious.

Meta pls change.

Okay.

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

KO-Cub

CapeSmash wrote:

Competitive Smash 4 depresses me.

Cool story bro.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

KO-Cub

CapeSmash wrote:

"the competitive play for this game at the moment is a Diddy Kong down throw to up air spam roll fest."

I'm dead serious.

Meta pls change.

Wow...
That's so...
2014 news.

MsJubilee

CapeSmash wrote:

Roll, grab, roll, grab, roll, roll, roll, Diddy Kong, grab, grab, roll, Diddy Kong, Diddy Kong, down throw to up air, down throw to up air, Diddy Kong, roll, extremely long match, moves not killing, Smashville, grab, down throw to up air, huge blastlines, moves not killing, Diddy Kong ditto, metal blade, metal blade, no combos, no combos, DEFENSIVE PLAY x1000000, spot dodge, roll, roll, roll, roll, Smashville, roll, roll, grab, down throw to up air, grab, down throw to up air, Diddy Kong.

^
Competitive Smash 4 in a nutshell. P.S ban Diddy, rolling, grabbing, and Smashville. But seriously, the competitive play for this game at the moment is a Diddy Kong down throw to up air spam roll fest.

In Ness's voice OKAY!And who cares?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Tsuchinoko

midnafanboy wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

Roll, grab, roll, grab, roll, roll, roll, Diddy Kong, grab, grab, roll, Diddy Kong, Diddy Kong, down throw to up air, down throw to up air, Diddy Kong, roll, extremely long match, moves not killing, Smashville, grab, down throw to up air, huge blastlines, moves not killing, Diddy Kong ditto, metal blade, metal blade, no combos, no combos, DEFENSIVE PLAY x1000000, spot dodge, roll, roll, roll, roll, Smashville, roll, roll, grab, down throw to up air, grab, down throw to up air, Diddy Kong.

^
Competitive Smash 4 in a nutshell. P.S ban Diddy, rolling, grabbing, and Smashville. But seriously, the competitive play for this game at the moment is a Diddy Kong down throw to up air spam roll fest.

A million times funnier if you had just replied with a gif of Ness' Okay pose. (^_^)

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

MsJubilee

Tsuchinoko wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

^

A million times funnier if you had just replied with a gif of Ness' Okay pose. (^_^)

I know! But i couldn't find one for some reason!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

KO-Cub

I think we're kinda sounding mean. I get it CapeSmash, you're pissed, not happy, jelly maybe. But overall (Not just we know, because I started saying Diddy 2OP for sh*tz and giggs a while back) we don't really care. You can't change it. You have to deal with it.
Do you go to tourney's or play online often and get manhandled by Diddy by this tactic? Then I understand it's frustrating, but you have to keep playing the way you do but better to get around this. Play the game better than them. You can't stop competitive Melee players from using Wavedashing. Just gotta go with the flow.

UGXwolf

More or less. It's like how up until this point, I've viewed ledge hogging as a cheap way to secure a kill and overall poor sportsmanship, however, it's a legitimate tactic and I understand people using it because they want to win. All you can do at that point is find a way around it, such as having a good enough recovery or a delayed start-up or just not winding up in this situation, in the first place.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CapeSmash

I don't hate competitive Smash 4, it's just I'm not happy with how it's being played at the moment. I'm sick of going to Smash 4 tourney videos, only for it to be the same boring mess over, over, and over again. Diddy Kong, down throw to up air x1000, spamming rolls like crazy, and stuff like that isn't fun to watch. Most of the time, no one is even attacking each other. It's just rolling like crazy, throw out a projectile, and then do the same grab combo over and over. This makes me really upset, because I had high hopes for Smash 4 as a competitive game. Also, does anyone else think the matches would be less defensive if it was 3 stocks instead of 2?

@MetalK9 "I get it CapeSmash, you're pissed, not happy, jelly maybe." True, but jelly? Jelly of what? lol

EDIT: Also, if you guys don't care about my posts, then don't say anything. I swear, anything I say offends you guys. I'm not even bashing Smash 4, I'm just expressing how I don't like how the game is being played at a competitive level.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

DefHalan

^ Smash 4 is still a young game for the competitive scene. Just give people time and counter will arise. My brother has started to play as Diddy and doing the moves that the "pros" are doing but it doesn't guarantee victory. I can still beat Diddy by using Yoshi's eggs and air dodging. The meta of the game is going to change a lot and next year you may look back at those Diddy videos and laugh at how bad they are playing. I mean look back at those old Bowser videos from around launch, those guys are pretty bad now even though they were winning everything back then.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CapeSmash

DefHalan wrote:

^ Smash 4 is still a young game for the competitive scene. Just give people time and counter will arise. My brother has started to play as Diddy and doing the moves that the "pros" are doing but it doesn't guarantee victory. I can still beat Diddy by using Yoshi's eggs and air dodging. The meta of the game is going to change a lot and next year you may look back at those Diddy videos and laugh at how bad they are playing. I mean look back at those old Bowser videos from around launch, those guys are pretty bad now even though they were winning everything back then.

I agree. Also, look at the first Brawl tier list. It's RADICALLY different compared to the latest one. Some of the characters who were top tier/high tier are now mid tier and even low tier.

Smash Mains:

DefHalan

CapeSmash wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I agree. Also, look at the first Brawl tier list. It's RADICALLY different compared to the latest one. Some of the characters who were top tier/high tier are now mid tier and even low tier.

While I think it is silly for "Pro" players to be playing Diddy cause they feel they can get wins easier, that would be like basketball players putting flubber on their shoes cause they can dunk easier, it doesn't mean that is how the game will be played from now on. Just keep practicing and keep looking for ways you can improve against Diddy Kong.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Undead_terror

Finally there is a Super Smash Bros Brawler Card maker, although the thing needs a bit more work, here is my card! Untitled

If you are interested in making one then go on here! http://cards.n-masters.com/smash4/create.php

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

CapeSmash

Untitled

Smash Mains:

veeflames

Untitled
Nifty.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

IceClimbers

So APEX is coming up soon. It seems D1 might have slipped up and accidentally revealed that a demo for an upcoming game will be playable at APEX, with rumors and Hbox pointing towards it being Splatoon.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Undead_terror

IceClimbers wrote:

So APEX is coming up soon. It seems D1 might have slipped up and accidentally revealed that a demo for an upcoming game will be playable at APEX, with rumors and Hbox pointing towards it being Splatoon.

Not really smash tho :/

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

IceClimbers

Undead_terror wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Not really smash tho :/

All four console Smash games are there though. Who knows, maybe we'll see Mewtwo footage there (I doubt it).

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Undead_terror

Also you can rank up your cards, all you got to do is visit the persons picture, I will help rank those who posted above (you will now see a lvl 2 on your cards!), anyone want to help rank my card? http://cards.n-masters.com/smash4/levelup.php?id=2758
25 likes so far! let's keep those likes coming!

Edited on by Undead_terror

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic