Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,641 to 20,660 of 27,917

Pootypie

Yeah I always do falcon dive whenever I think he is going to counter, he just gets the chance to counter my knee sometimes because he always get out of hitstun right before I perform the move. I don't have problems with it, just spamming it makes it annoying xD

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

midnafanboy wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

If he's spamming counters, lern2grab

No... I grab enough, he does AIR counters. I said knee, isn't that in air lol? Also K9 I'm serious about 30% lol.

Then i guess you can't call yourself the greatbrawler,if that's happening to you

How could you, that's an insult!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Yoshi

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

No... I grab enough, he does AIR counters. I said knee, isn't that in air lol? Also K9 I'm serious about 30% lol.

Then i guess you can't call yourself the greatbrawler,if that's happening to you

You have now been demoted to TheGoodBrawler. Hang your head in shame, young man!

If a mod could actually change his name that would be awesome. Huh, what? I didn't say anything....

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

MsJubilee

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Shots fired and i'm the shooter!! Nooo!!!!!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

KO-Cub

@brewsky @midnafanboy - Stahp. I can't breath. You guys are so mean. XD

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

KO-Cub

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Yeah I always do falcon dive whenever I think he is going to counter, he just gets the chance to counter my knee sometimes because he always get out of hitstun right before I perform the move. I don't have problems with it, just spamming it makes it annoying xD

You know what? Forget it. FORGET IT! Retaliate with your own spamming. Falco's flinch blaster or Samus's Charge Beams and Missiles will shut any Shulk up.

Pootypie

brewsky wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

You have now been demoted to TheGoodBrawler. Hang your head in shame, young man!

If a mod could actually change his name that would be awesome. Huh, what? I didn't say anything....

I will change my name to ThePerfectBrawler, deal?

Pootypie

Pootypie

UGXwolf wrote:

Come to think of it, does a command grab have priority over a grab?

No not exactly in my opinion.

Pootypie

UGXwolf

Like, to be specific. Could you block Ganondorf's Flame Choke by grabbing him? What if he runs into Link or Pac-man's grab range while moving, can you grab him out of it, or does he continue the move as if he'd dodged around the grab?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

KO-Cub

UGXwolf wrote:

Like, to be specific. Could you block Ganondorf's Flame Choke by grabbing him? What if he runs into Link or Pac-man's grab range while moving, can you grab him out of it, or does he continue the move as if he'd dodged around the grab?

No. I don't think so. I'm guessing we'll go and find out right now then huh? To the PRACTICE MODE!

DreamyViridi

UGXwolf wrote:

In the case of Tether Grab, I think they can stop Ganondorf. Your question does remind of this though.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

veeflames

UGXwolf wrote:

I think you can interrupt it with a Smash... if not, you have to dodge it with D-Dodge...
Just like @MetalK9 I want to go to practice mode and find out... but I'm tired.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

KO-Cub

It's hard to test on Practice since they keep using N-Special or Down Special. And they don't grab either nor does CPU Ganon use Side-B on Smash mode.
But, I have found that Ganon's Side-B doesn't give immunity or super armor when hit during slide, start up or even if you successfully grab and then hit at the same point, he flinches and the attack stops.
I remember in Brawl if you got grabbed someone but got hit at the same time, you super armored through it.

KO-Cub

DreamyViridi wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

In the case of Tether Grab, I think they can stop Ganondorf. Your question does remind of this though.

I don't see how that's a wow factor, or BS or anything. It's legit. Got grabbed before little mac swung his actual fist which contained the hitbox. It happens. Dunno if it was luck or good perception. Still, that Little Mac was pretty bad. Little Mac slew down when he got the 'KO' signal. Don't slow down. Keep the pressure. Like when Diddy was hanging on the ledge and Little Mac didn't Dash Attack him. Just wait till the 'KO' comes.

KO-Cub

CapeSmash wrote:

YES! L-CANCELING IS KIND OF IN SMASH 4!

But instead of pressing L (or R) to cancel the landing lag, you have to hit the sweetspot of an aerial (like Falcon's knee and Falco's down air) near the bottom of your opponent. Thanks to this new tech, we can now do combos like this: Untitled

Here's more:
http://kotaku.com/pro-smash-players-figured-out-how-to-reduce...

Basically hit and land at the same time is what it seems.

CapeSmash

Competitive Smash 4 depresses me.

Roll, grab, roll, grab, roll, roll, roll, Diddy Kong, grab, grab, roll, Diddy Kong, Diddy Kong, down throw to up air, down throw to up air, Diddy Kong, roll, extremely long match, moves not killing, Smashville, grab, down throw to up air, huge blastlines, moves not killing, Diddy Kong ditto, metal blade, metal blade, no combos, no combos, DEFENSIVE PLAY x1000000, spot dodge, roll, roll, roll, roll, Smashville, roll, roll, grab, down throw to up air, grab, down throw to up air, Diddy Kong.

^
Competitive Smash 4 in a nutshell. P.S ban Diddy, rolling, grabbing, and Smashville. But seriously, the competitive play for this game at the moment is a Diddy Kong down throw to up air spam roll fest.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Pootypie

CapeSmash wrote:

Roll, grab, roll, grab, roll, roll, roll, Diddy Kong, grab, grab, roll, Diddy Kong, Diddy Kong, down throw to up air, down throw to up air, Diddy Kong, roll, extremely long match, moves not killing, Smashville, grab, down throw to up air, huge blastlines, moves not killing, Diddy Kong ditto, metal blade, metal blade, no combos, no combos, DEFENSIVE PLAY x1000000, spot dodge, roll, roll, roll, roll, Smashville, roll, roll, grab, down throw to up air, grab, down throw to up air, Diddy Kong.

^
Competitive Smash 4 in a nutshell. P.S ban Diddy, rolling, grabbing, and Smashville. But seriously, the competitive play for this game at the moment is a Diddy Kong down throw to up air spam roll fest.

Ok.

Pootypie

TeeJay

CapeSmash wrote:

^

Ok.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

CapeSmash

"the competitive play for this game at the moment is a Diddy Kong down throw to up air spam roll fest."

I'm dead serious.

Meta pls change.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic