Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,521 to 20,540 of 27,917

Pootypie

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

We waited 6 years after brawl. I hope we wait around 4-6 for the next one, and I hope Sakurai makes it.

Seriously...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

I don't know. Aakurai's given everything he has to this seties at least three times. Hiw much more do you think he'll be able to put into it when he's fifty?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

NintendoFan64

UGXwolf wrote:

I don't know. Aakurai's given everything he has to this seties at least three times. Hiw much more do you think he'll be able to put into it when he's fifty?

I'm not sure, really. Though I doubt he'll be the one making the next game (even Sakurai doubts it). Also, noticing some spelling mistakes, there.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

DreamyViridi

While there will, no doubt, be another Smash Brothers in the future; it's not worth thinking too much about it right now imo. As for Sakurai, like someone else said before me; maybe he can supervise if he feels he shouldn't do the next one but that'll be years from now and by then he might've changed his mind on the matter. So long as the man isn't constantly bugged by Smash Bros. (and thus ends up very fatigued of the series), it's all good.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Rexcalibr

I unlocked all the stages in the Wii U version finally. To be honest, the only one I like is the Duck Hunt stage and the original Donkey Kong Smash stage is ok. The Pac Man Land stage kind of sucks and is pretty lackluster despite being the hardest one to unlock.

Am I the only one who thinks the 3DS version has a lot of good stages that didn't make it to the Wii U version? I really liked the Wario Ware stage better the Gamer stage (which I guess is its replacement). The mini games in-between the fight were hilarious where it tells you to stop, taunt, etc. and just clobbering someone instead of following the rules to get the power up.

Rexcalibr

NintendoFan64

Rexcalibr wrote:

I unlocked all the stages in the Wii U version finally. To be honest, the only one I like is the Duck Hunt stage and the original Donkey Kong Smash stage is ok. The Pac Man Land stage kind of sucks and is pretty lackluster despite being the hardest one to unlock.

Am I the only one who thinks the 3DS version has a lot of good stages that didn't make it to the Wii U version? I really liked the Wario Ware stage better the Gamer stage (which I guess is its replacement). The mini games in-between the fight were hilarious where it tells you to stop, taunt, etc. and just clobbering someone instead of following the rules to get the power up.

Well, yeah. The 3DS had some good stages. I actually kinda wish that Magicant and Mute City made it into the Wii U version.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

Nah, I feel the stage distribution evens out surprisingly well. I really love the Gamer stage and surprisingly, I'm now somewhat ok with 75M which was a nightmare in Brawl.

CapeSmash

I freaking hate the Pro Controller. Nintendo, please sell more GC adapters. The Pro is limiting my full potential!

The only character I'm get with now is Ganondorf. But that will all change once Nintendo starts not hating money again (aka selling more GC adapters).

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

UGXwolf

1) I actually really love the Pro Controller for Smash. Don't get all the whining.

2) Please try to remember that Nintendo is a software developer, first and a hardware manufacturer second. The majority of their resources go to developing games and the hardware pretty much exists just to sell their software.

CapeSmash

UGXwolf wrote:

1) I actually really love the Pro Controller for Smash. Don't get all the whining.

I can't stand using it competitively. .-. Something about it feels... off. Especially with characters like Captain Falcon. I CAN'T PLAY HIM IN THIS GAME FOR THE LIFE OF ME!

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

veeflames

Who else thinks Stocks in a 4player Smash is a thumbs down? I think stock battles should be left for 1vs1 brawls, and to a lesser degree, 3player Smashes.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

KO-Cub

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Who else thinks Stocks in a 4player Smash is a thumbs down? I think stock battles should be left for 1vs1 brawls, and to a lesser degree, 3player Smashes.

I find stock against CPU's kinda pointless. They don't survive well unless it's because I put the timer on for sudden deaths. Against other P's, a comeback on one life left proves how good you are from having 4 players mayhem to the 1v1 survival at the end. Especially with an appropriate time set for Sudden Deaths. But I do enjoy 2-minute no items against CPU's as they steal kills and basically everyone dies at least 1. It's much more challenging.

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

Well, yeah. The 3DS had some good stages. I actually kinda wish that Magicant and Mute City made it into the Wii U version.

Yeh, Aakurai (Hehe ) doesn't really have the best choice in stage decisions imo. 3DS's Melee Donkey Kong and Metroid stage don't have a larger area to get launched before touching the blast zone unless in Omega Form. Melee Donkey Kongs stage also has water but the 3DS doesn't have the water mechanic so characters that need to go low just to reach the stage again can get carried by the water and Fall. It's the only stage that a character has an advantage over.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

MsJubilee

UGXwolf wrote:

2) Please try to remember that Nintendo is a software developer, first and a hardware manufacturer second. The majority of their resources go to developing games and the hardware pretty much exists just to sell their software.

Don't know why i love using the pro controller,maybe i'm that weird?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

KO-Cub

midnafanboy wrote:

(Looks at picture) ... Naaah, your controller analysis is sub-par.

Heaps of people playing competitively, I find don't like the Pro in general. The GC controller is more there alley. I like the Pro, but the GC advances my difficulty level. The layout between controllers are different so I can see why.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

MsJubilee

MetalK9 wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

(Looks at picture) ... Naaah, your controller analysis is sub-par.

Heaps of people playing competitively, I find don't like the Pro in general. The GC controller is more there alley. I like the Pro, but the GC advances my difficulty level. The layout between controllers are different so I can see why.

You really don't like my avatar huh?That sucks for you i could care less,but back to the topic i don't play competitively don't ask why i just don't.I sometimes do but nah i think that's the sole reason i like the pro controller and maybe because i haven't touched the gamecube controller in years!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Grumblevolcano

I ended up deciding a week or so after launch to main the pro controller, it's close enough to the GC controller regarding how I use it (don't use C-stick, switched L/R and ZL/ZR). This way I have a working GC controller for more worthy games like F-Zero GX which I can't play without a GC controller.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

Is it wrong for me to say that I really like playing with gamepad? It feels so good for me at least... I play with it mainly and I do well with it... Am I the only one that plays with gamepad?!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

veeflames

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Is it wrong for me to say that I really like playing with gamepad? It feels so good for me at least... I play with it mainly and I do well with it... Am I the only one that plays with gamepad?!

Nope! I use it all the time, especially when I'm playing with my big brother who always uses the Pro controller. However, we are still waiting for a GameCube adapter in the house, and we all love the GameCube controller for Smash. Once that adapter arrives, I see us switching to GameCube controllers indefinitely.
That said, the GamePad is terribly awesome. The 'bulkiness' of it is never a bother, it's amazing. The Pro Controller is equally awesome for it's lightness and comfort.
@MetalK9 I think players should just smash it out in a 4player brawl without any stock. In a 1vs1 match, the last thing you wannaohave is a good deal of damage, one stock left in the 1vs1 that ensues. Or maybe I'm just saying this because I faced what I think was a 'tad unfair' 'friend' who set attack ratio higher than usual...
Speaking of which, I honestly don't know whether I should put my name in the Smash Wii U Online NNID thread... Sometimes, I really want to, but I hesitate... for reasons NOT disclosed.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Pootypie

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Nope! I use it all the time, especially when I'm playing with my big brother who always uses the Pro controller. However, we are still waiting for a GameCube adapter in the house, and we all love the GameCube controller for Smash. Once that adapter arrives, I see us switching to GameCube controllers indefinitely.
That said, the GamePad is terribly awesome. The 'bulkiness' of it is never a bother, it's amazing. If the GamePad is awesome, then it's obvious that the Pro is more or a tad less awesome, too.

Lol my brother uses pro controller as well

Pootypie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic