Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,501 to 20,520 of 27,917

FriedSquid

Azooooz wrote:

Nintendo should strict the purchase to 2 same amiibo per customer. This way, it will help reduce the product shortage.

I'm pretty sure only the retailers can enforce that rule. And the way Mariotehplumber got around that was by shipping the amiibos to different addresses and using his family member's credit cards — he states it all in his video.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Justlink

Squid wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

Nintendo should strict the purchase to 2 same amiibo per customer. This way, it will help reduce the product shortage.

I'm pretty sure only the retailers can enforce that rule. And the way Mariotehplumber got around that was by shipping the amiibos to different addresses and using his family member's credit cards — he states it all in his video.

It helps to not buy stuff from scalpers. If the consumers could organize and boycott scalpers, prices would drop quickly

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Tsuchinoko

Thought I'd share this. Like his other videos, he does tend to take some leaps with his theories, but he's well researched.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

MsJubilee

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Thought I'd share this. Like his other videos, he does tend to take some leaps with his theories, but he's well researched.

Ugh the game theorists

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Tsuchinoko

midnafanboy wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Ugh the game theorists

Haha I make no claims with the video, just a topic for discussion.

Justlink

Funny how someones buying a lot of amiibos so noone can have them because today i thought about buying a bunch of amiibo to resell them at only a dollar more so i wouldn't make a profit for helping people, but i dont have the money or the amiibo

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Tsuchinoko

justlink wrote:

Funny how someones buying a lot of amiibos so noone can have them because today i thought about buying a bunch of amiibo to resell them at only a dollar more so i wouldn't make a profit for helping people, but i dont have the money or the amiibo

Hey so just wondering, which amiibo are hard to find or really expensive? I haven't bought or even looked for any until now, but Amazon.jp is selling nearly all of them at the regular price, currently in stock, including Lucario Rosalina and WFT.

The only ones that are limited and being sold at a high price are Pit and Villager, with Little Mac and Captain Falcon just a little above the normal price.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

MsJubilee

Tsuchinoko wrote:

justlink wrote:

Hey so just wondering, which amiibo are hard to find or really expensive? I haven't bought or even looked for any until now, but Amazon.jp is selling nearly all of them at the regular price, currently in stock, including Lucario Rosalina and WFT.

The only ones that are limited and being sold at a high price are Pit and Villager, with Little Mac and Captain Falcon just a little above the normal price.

Captain falcon,Pit,Little Mac,and for wave 3 it's definitely going to be Ike,King Dedede,shulk are going to be rare.So i would recommend buying them when they come out.But i still don't know the release date for north america.But for japan they're going to be released on January 22 lucky.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

FriedSquid

Tsuchinoko wrote:

justlink wrote:

Well obviously it must differ from region to region if you can still get a WFT on amazon.jp for regular price.

But in NA at least (probably roughly the same for EU?) of Wave 1 Marth, Villager, and WFT are hardest to find, and some say Fox is becoming rare. Of Wave 2, C. Falcon, Pit, and Little Mac are hardest, and I think Diddy Kong is slightly hard to find.

As for Wave 3, I'm not 100% sure but the retail exclusive ones (Shulk, Lucario, Meta Knight) could get pretty tough to find, now especially Rosalina. I'm not really sure about the rest.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Rexcalibr

I wish you could use the D-Pad on the Pro-Controller to move and use the analog stick for taunts. It's ridiculous that they don't give you the option to switch between the two.

The analog stick is awful for playing competitively. Playing on the 3DS is even easier but it doesn't seem to work as a controller for online play. I've never tried the GameCube controller but I really don't like the tablet or the Pro Controller all that much.

Rexcalibr

CapeSmash

Ganondorf is the greatest character of all time, and I'm very confident I'm the best Ganondorf player in the world! Ganondorf needs his own tier (SSSSS).

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

CapeSmash

Rexcalibr wrote:

The analog stick is awful for playing competitively.

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I'VE SEEN IT ALL

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Undead_terror

CapeSmash wrote:

Ganondorf is the greatest character of all time, and I'm very confident I'm the best Ganondorf player in the world! Ganondorf needs his own tier (SSSSS).

I know a guy that will beat ya with Ganondorf, he will make you MAD! (if anyone catchs my drift)

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

UGXwolf

@Tsuchinoko Wow, that video makes a lot of really great points. I can't help but feel the typical disjoint where they've likely stretched facts a bit to fit their theory, but the overall point he's making is entirely solid. Forget the symbolism of the game, for a second and focus on Sakurai, himself. He's made every single game, thus far, never expecting there to be another. Smash 64 was never guaranteed a sequel. Melee was supposed to be the be-all end-all. Brawl rounded it out with a story and cinematics Sakurai knew he wouldn't be able to top, which is part of why these aren't in Smash 4. And here we are, post-release, and Sakurai's once again talking about how he doesn't see this series ending, but he doesn't see himself continuing, nor does he find it easy to imagine someone else handling the game.

People can dis Game Theory all they like, but at the end of the day, Mat makes an extremely valid point, because we KNOW Sakurai made this with the idea that he was breaking all limits of the series and couldn't possibly top it. He's said so, himself. We know Sakurai's tired and breaking down. It's pretty obvious. Hell, he spent at least a third of this game's development in a sling! And what else do we know? As soon as, and even BEFORE Smash 4 was even launched, people were already talking about who might make it into Smash 5. We're doing it, even now. "Well, Wolf's not here, but maybe he'll be in the next game! I mean, Dr. Mario came back, right?" And "Maybe if Nintendo releases Mother 3 worldwide on the VC, Lucas can return in the next game." Sakurai hates sequelization. It's obvious. It's even present in his design choices. A lot of the reason Melee players hated Brawl so much is because it removed a lot of what made Melee what it was. It was intentionally not sequelized. Smash 4, again, is something completely different. It's very multiplayer focus, arguably moreso than most Smash games, and the first one to have tolerable online. It even introduces trainable players to help, in case you have no one to play with. Where Brawl was very single-player focused, and Melee wound up being hardcore competitive, Smash 4 is a multiplayer game than nearly anyone can pick up and find SOMETHING to enjoy.

But then that brings up a more important question. If this is what we believe Smash was always intended to be, then... what options does Sakurai really have? If this is the game he's always wanted to create and he's broken all of his limits, how can he possibly make another one to be better? How can someone with the drive to create the next be-all, end-all game in the series possibly make another game knowing full well that the last one was exactly what they'd always wanted the series to be? Nintendo won't let the series die, so I'm pretty sure that this will be the last Smash Sakurai is in charge of. I doubt he'll be off the project entirely, but they may have to restrict how much he can do. For his own good. Maybe he'll become to Smash what Miyamoto is to Mario.

In any case, I'm sure the inevitable next installment will do it's best to instill as much of Sakurai's charm and fanservice as it possibly can, but until further notice, maybe we shouldn't think of this as the fourth installment, but as the last one. Maybe we should just play this like there won't be another, because the next one may not be anything like this.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

KO-Cub

@UGXwolf - You make a good point, but he did say he would stop making Smash and hope the next guy would keep it up I think. That leaves it to the next guys preference if we ever have one that keeps the par leveled for Melee Smash players and Free Smash players. Smash 5 could involve more to do maybe. Like if Smash 5 was to do the handheld and home console thing again. Add Adventure Mode on the home console ver. With good space and power in the handheld which the 3ds slopped at, it could bring in characters that were missed out in this smash such as Ice Climbers. Add Smash Run V2 where you could customize what the final matches will be at the end of the 5 minutes while only Bullet Bills appear and no enemy drops Item stat boosts. Perhaps fixes in the next one. Removing Olimars Pikmin from de-syncing, adding new voices for all characters or allowing you to use Up-Special right when you go into a dash if you have Tap - Jump off (Trust me). Maybe have only the original 8 and the original 8 N64 stages to be the only thing unlocked and you have to unlock everything from the beginning. Maybe Smash now just needs more freedom for the players? Whatever it is it's possible.
I dunno, but the gameplay is great for this time around. Competitors and Free players can play for fun or glory while enjoying the same game. Melee players have kinda softened since Brawl with this. Make another Smash and they just might forgive Braw- uhh, yeah.
The next guy could copy, edit and paste.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

UGXwolf

But is that what we really want? Just this, but better? Don't get me wrong, that'd be awesome, but would we really just want Smash 4 slightly improved over something that is once again, entirely its own thing?

Nintendo6400

CapeSmash wrote:

You and I need to have a ganon showdown sir.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

KO-Cub

UGXwolf wrote:

But is that what we really want? Just this, but better? Don't get me wrong, that'd be awesome, but would we really just want Smash 4 slightly improved over something that is once again, entirely its own thing?

I guess we wait for the next 2 years or something. Still. We should be able to enjoy ourselves with what we've got.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

UGXwolf

MetalK9 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I guess we wait for the next 2 years or something. Still. We should be able to enjoy ourselves with what we've got.

That was the point I was trying to make. X3 Suppose I lost my point somewhere in my rambling. But yeah, we shouldn't worry about the next game for another three or four years, honestly. If even then. Until further notice, I think we should see Sm4sh as the final installment.

Nintendo_Ninja

We waited 6 years after brawl. I hope we wait around 4-6 for the next one, and I hope Sakurai makes it.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic