Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,241 to 20,260 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

@UGXwolf So it seems to be mainly RNG, after all I've had the hands start very early on with that card attack plenty of times that instakill slow characters.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KO-Cub

CapeSmash wrote:

"Sakurai: If I wanted to, I'm sure I could make a more hardcore Smash Brothers game. I could make the game speed much faster, increase the number of inputs...but then, beginners would no longer be able to play the game."

Okay, then explain Melee...

I think Melee was kinda brutal if you think about it. The competitive skill roof in Melee is really high and the skill floor was kinda rough for newcomers. Then Brawl was made and the Skill floor and roof was lowered dramatically because I believe Sakurai wanted the game to be more friendly for newcomers. It was kinda good for newcomers of Smash to get into it. Then they grow into Smash till they develop enough skill to see some of the pro's view points on Brawls problems, but while the newcomers are still in the mood to love the game for any reason. This is why Sakurai has a hard time to balance the game for newbs and elites.
Overall, I'm not sure. Just throwing thoughts out there.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

NintendoFan64

Good thing they managed to get Bowser Jr. in. He's one of my favorite characters in this game. Still curious as to which characters other than the Ice Climbers had to be cut.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Nintendo6400

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Good thing they managed to get Bowser Jr. in. He's one of my favorite characters in this game. Still curious as to which characters other than the Ice Climbers had to be cut.

Ya, junior is definitely my favorite newcomer.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Pootypie

UGXwolf wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

WEWT! NO-LIFER CHALLENGE CLEAR! 140/140 SMASH WII U COMPLETE! Oh, MAN the cathartic release I got when clearing that one! After that challenge, I SERIOUSLY needed to wail on the Master Core for a bit. So what did I win? 2mil Gold... Dammit, game. What am I gonna do with all this gold? I mean, I'm only missing two trophies. There's not much more I can get out of this.

How did you do it? I don't think you can do much out of classic or all star once you complete the game. Only for records I guess... Or maybe just to get equipments. Smash is the main part of the game anyways and that's the most fun part too, so it wouldn't bother me much.

Ganondorf with really high defense and fairly high attack. No need for speed, he's still plenty fast enough to clear Master Fortress and the CPUs will eventually lay off, unlike human opponents. Specials are set to Warlock Thrust (the quick, explosive one), Flame Assault (super OP in Classic, rushes forward like flame choke, but strikes multiple times along the way with knockback, instead of grab), Dark Fists (like Dark Dive, but more of an uppercut. Great kill move with little other potential), and Wizard's dropkick (more lateral in the air, short hops, first, when on the ground, not as strong, but still satisfying). You basically need to pay close attention to items for rounds 1-5, and get really good RNG. Round 6, you can spam Flame Assault and it's an insta-kill against the Miis. As for Master Core:

-Master Hand: Start off by watching Master Hand. He'll usually either try to snap (air dodge it) or slap (shield) Then you wanna go to the right and deliever three up-smashes as quickly as you can manage. In my run, he used a snap and it hit me in the air, so I finished this round at about 10% damage.

-Master Giant: Watch his intro animation, and try to time a fully-charged smash attack for when he's first vulnerable. Better late than early! He has a number of moves. He often tries to slash across the screen. The first attack does nothing. After he does that, jump up and air dodge because this goes through shields. He has a red arms attack. I haven't seen him do this early enough to be a threat, but if he does, try to stay towards the right of the stage and jump over the one that passes by, then run to the left and whack him once or twice. The one where he opens a face vortex and tries to crush you inside is annoying. You wanna time it so you dodge the two electric balls at the bottom at the same time, but easier said than done. If you get hit, it's not the end of the world, but it's gonna cause problems later on down the line. His off-waves are easy to react to. He'll grab his head and flail. Just jump and air dodge just before they come out. If he tries to lift the stage, I usually just go towards the right and shield. You can watch the balls to determine where a safe spot will be, but they typically won't do anything, if you shield. His hammer attack usually won't even complete, as he gives you plenty of time to whack him once or twice before he completes it. Four up-smashes should end this form. In my run, this form kinda did some serious work on me. I think I finished around 70%

-Master Beast: Don't play around, here, and absolutely don't get greedy. You can three-shot him, but you have to be careful when you do it. Side Smashes are wonderful, but leave you wide open, here. If he jumps into the background or arches his back, shield. If he raises his tail skyward, get away. Always be ready to punish him, and stay towards the middle of the stage, if at all possible. In my run, this form got me once or twice, putting me around 90%. At this point, I was seriously clenching.

-Master Edge: This one's part skill/strats and part luck/RNG. Master Edge doesn't have any attacks that are inescapable, but you're not exactly fast, and depending on where you are when uses certain ones, you may not be able to avoid them. Feel free to wreck him after certain ones, multi-directional slashes and swirly twirly multi-blades of death being the obvious ones. This form will take about six-eight good aerial hits. In my run, I got nailed by said swirly twirly blades of death, but Ganondorf's already heavy and has nearly 100+ defense, so he survived the hit. Also took some energy shots from the guy, finishing around 130%

-Master Shadow: You'll find that this one comes down to whether or not Master Shadow wants to be nice. I've killed him without taking damage before, but also been killed in about two hits without dealing any, so watch yourself on this one. It's a Mirror match, but I found he was never really ready for a Flame Assault or a Wizard's Dropkick, so that helped. In my run, this went smoothly. He made me nervous with a sparta kick in the middle, but otherwise, he didn't even touch me. Finished around 140%

-Master Fortress first wave: I ran into the first ball unhealed, as there's no acid, so if I stayed towards the right, there'd be no problem. Almost regretted this. I left that cave at around 225% The bad thing about this build is that Ganondorf no longer has his command grab, so Stalfos are as annoying as ever, but aside from that, the first cave usually doesn't threaten him in the least. Got the ball, went back and grabbed that heart container, glad I hadn't gotten in the first time, that's a lot of damage I didn't need to be bringing with me. Go through the upper passage. Flame Assault will interrupt the flower. Drop down the chute, wizard's Dropkick will destroy the flower on the right, CAREFULLY make your way to the left and destroy the flower over there and any bugs that get in your way. This core will take two hits. The second wave of enemies shouldn't even bother you when you do this. Up-air, Up-B.

-Master Fortress second wave: Same strats on the tunnel. Ignore the Stalfos, or grab and throw him quick. The side-B should interrupt the flower. When you reach the end, double jump out and do a Fair to take out the spark that'll spawn there. He's deadly, so don't leave him be. One Fair should handle the core here. Go back, drop down the chute (if you haven't used the heart container, go OVER the chute to get it, as this is your last chance to do so. Side-B will get you past the acid.), take out the first stalfos as soon as you drop down. You can take out the second, but I find it easier just to ignore him. Again, Side-B will extend your jump. Use it. Down-B should get you through the next tunnel, double-jump side-B over the acid and dodge roll all the way to the left of the plant. Take both it and the Stalfos out as well as the plant at the left, on top of the last chamber, and the two sparks. Once you've cleared this room, the rest is a piece of cake. Be patient, wait for a platform to carry you to the core, get situated on the left and give it two uncharged up-smashes to finish it off. The second wave won't even have time to stop you.

After that, enjoy wailing on the core, but don't take too long or those off-waves will probably ruin your attempts at this challenge, and then you'd be really sad.

It was a long, clutcher of a boss fight, but I'm glad it went so well for me. Good luck, and feel free to use your own build, but a lot of the "ignore the second wave" stuff or "won't get it off before you take him out" stuff won't apply unless you have really high attack damage..

Maybe then I will use Ganondorf because it looks like he can survive at high damage. Thanks for the help! I will see if I can do this, and since Ganondorf is similar to Falcon I might be able to complete it since they are almost the same, so I know the big general idea of him.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Joeynator3000

Hey Wolf, what equips did you use, or do you suggest? (well, besides from them being defense/attack)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DefHalan

^He isn't wrong

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TeeJay

It's a breath of fresh air to battle people who fight with honor. I was fighting a Sheik yesterday who did their prebattle opening taunt, but then grabbed me when I was in the middle of mine. Realizing they interrupted my answering taunt, they let me go without damage so I could do my prebattle taunt, and then we proceeded to have a fierce battle.

People who SD when they see you died near the start of the fight in a way that was clearly an input error are also pleasant to fight. I've made it practice to do the same.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DreamyViridi

TeeJay wrote:

It's a breath of fresh air to battle people who fight with honor. I was fighting a Sheik yesterday who did their prebattle opening taunt, but then grabbed me when I was in the middle of mine. Realizing they interrupted my answering taunt, they let me go without damage so I could do my prebattle taunt, and then we proceeded to have a fierce battle.

People who SD when they see you died near the start of the fight in a way that was clearly an input error are also pleasant to fight. I've made it practice to do the same.

I've come across such players before and they are fun to fight against, specially if they don't play just one character. My most recent example was with someone who clearly mained Marth and Zero Suit Samus. After a few matches, they Meteor Smashed 15 seconds in, leaving me stunned. I held down showing I needed a moment and then... he Self-Destructed... to give me a chance. I made a "Thank you" taunt and we continued (still lost but the gesture was nice).

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Blast

So... Counter is incredibly Overpowered... especially with Lucina.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Joeynator3000

Yeah Smash is supposed to be fun, not competitions and having everything 100% perfect.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

MsJubilee

Blast wrote:

So... Counter is incredibly Overpowered... especially with Lucina.

It all depends what move this clone counters, for example if she counters a charged smash attack then yeah you're going flying.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TeeJay

DreamyViridi wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I've come across such players before and they are fun to fight against, specially if they don't play just one character. My most recent example was with someone who clearly mained Marth and Zero Suit Samus. After a few matches, they Meteor Smashed 15 seconds in, leaving me stunned. I held down showing I needed a moment and then... he Self-Destructed... to give me a chance. I made a "Thank you" taunt and we continued (still lost but the gesture was nice).

Dang! That was pretty awesome of them to do that, even if you ended up losing anyway

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DefHalan

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

^He isn't wrong

He's not. However, I'm laughing at the folks who are butthurt about it.

Yea, I follow SmashBoards on Facebook and it was funny to see so many people freaking out about that comment.

Blast

People say Diddy is overpowered but I think Captain Falcon and the easily abused Counter is very unfair.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MsJubilee

DefHalan wrote:

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

^He isn't wrong

Yea, I follow SmashBoards on Facebook and it was funny to see so many people freaking out about that comment.

Just read the whole interview woah!This man does not like the competitive scene and people at the smashboard site are freaking out!It's awesome!For me at least.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

DefHalan

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

^He isn't wrong

Just read the whole interview woah!This man does not like the competitive scene and people at the smashboard site are freaking out!It's awesome!For me at least.

Well competitive players are normally the vocal minority. He makes a good point about how he could make a Smash that is super competitive but then it wouldn't be easy for new players to jump in making it harder to sell. I think it is funny that competitive players don't think that they are more important than "casual" players.

TeeJay

Nintendo is a business first and foremost. They'd lose hundreds of thousands on sales if they made Smash ultra-competitive, so it's understandable.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic