Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,201 to 20,220 of 27,917

MsJubilee

Storytime7 wrote:

Not every competitive player thinks Diddy is the best in this game, but he's a bit too easy to use compared to some of the other good characters. Mew2King and ZeRo have recently said Sheik is the best character in this game.

DefHalan wrote:

If i am fighting players near my own skill level and they are losing as Diddy Kong doesn't that kinda negate him being OP?

Not at all.

UGH ZeRo

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Storytime7

midnafanboy wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

Not every competitive player thinks Diddy is the best in this game, but he's a bit too easy to use compared to some of the other good characters. Mew2King and ZeRo have recently said Sheik is the best character in this game.

DefHalan wrote:

If i am fighting players near my own skill level and they are losing as Diddy Kong doesn't that kinda negate him being OP?

Not at all.

UGH ZeRo

What do people have against this guy?

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

MsJubilee

Storytime7 wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Not at all.

UGH ZeRo

What do people have against this guy?

Is because of that stupid scarf he always wears.God it's so annoying to look at.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

DefHalan

@Jazzer94
@Storytime7

If Diddy was OP then two players at similar levels of skill with only one of them using Diddy would give the advantage to Diddy. Diddy is not OP. Didn't has easier tech than other characters which makes people gravitate to him. There is a difference between being OP (Over Powered) and being an easy character for people get good with quickly. Defeating Diddy takes a different mindset than what Smash has built on in the past.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

UGXwolf

@TheGreatBrawler My Ganondorf build can three-shot any Master Core form up until Master Edge, and even that only takes five or six good hits. Master Shadow just depends on how good the CPU decides to be. I've 0-death'd him before, but I've also been killed in two or three hits.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MsJubilee

DefHalan wrote:

Jazzer94
midnafanboy

If Diddy was OP then two players at similar levels of skill with only one of them using Diddy would give the advantage to Diddy. Diddy is not OP. Didn't has easier tech than other characters which makes people gravitate to him. There is a difference between being OP (Over Powered) and being an easy character for people get good with quickly. Defeating Diddy takes a different mindset than what Smash has built on in the past.

I never said he was OP, i just said don't let him grab you that's where all his combos start.A simple grab can end you.

Jazzer94

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Jazzer94
midnafanboy

I never said he was OP, I just said don't let him grab you that's where all his combos start.A simple grab can end you.

Where did I say he was op as well, hence me telling you to read my comment again. All I was saying is your anecdotal comment was irrelevant seeing as I doubt you play high level players.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DefHalan

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Jazzer94
midnafanboy

I never said he was OP, i just said don't let him grab you that's where all his combos start.A simple grab can end you.

Sorry, I meant to direct that comment to someone else. Fixed it now

Storytime7

DefHalan wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Jazzer94
midnafanboy

lol I never said he was OP either.

Storytime7

DefHalan

Jazzer94 wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Jazzer94
midnafanboy

I never said he was OP, I just said don't let him grab you that's where all his combos start.A simple grab can end you.

Where did I say he was op as well, hence me telling you to read my comment again. All I was saying is your anecdotal comment was irrelevant seeing as I doubt you play high level players.

Well it depends on what you mean by "high level players" I play against people that normally go to tournaments. I am not sure how good they place in Smash 4 tournaments, I haven't seen them play in Smash 4 tournaments.

Your comment was saying about how playing Diddy won't make any player "godlike" which I was basically agreeing with and explaining how that would me he is not OP.

DefHalan

Storytime7 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Jazzer94
midnafanboy

lol I never said he was OP either.

Here you basically did

Storytime7 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Not at all.

If that isn't what you meant then sorry but that is how I understood it.

retropunky

What makes a player a "High Level" player? Is it only cause they participate in tournaments?

I think the whole skill level thing is only based on who and where you play at.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Jazzer94

PKpunky wrote:

What makes a player a "High Level" player? Is it only cause they participate in tournaments?

@DefHalan Really good execution and tech skill.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DefHalan

Jazzer94 wrote:

PKpunky wrote:

Really good execution and tech skill.

And how would I know how "good" the people I play with are? The only way to really judge would be by going to tournaments. I know my brother is one of the best G&W players I have ever seen but I wasn't able to go to the past couple tournaments he went to so I don't know how good his technique is against others. Without going to tournaments it is really hard to judge how good players are.

Storytime7

DefHalan wrote:

I was basically making the same point as Jazzer94 by saying that it doesn't mean Diddy isn't OP just because someone can beat others who use him. I don't think Diddy is OP, just annoying to fight.

Storytime7

retropunky

Jazzer94 wrote:

PKpunky wrote:

@DefHalan Really good execution and tech skill.

Consider me a High Level player then.

Anyway, I doubt I'll ever go to tourneys. It's really fun watching friends learn.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

MsJubilee

Storytime7 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I was basically making the same point as Jazzer94 by saying that it doesn't mean Diddy isn't OP just because someone can beat others who use him. I don't think Diddy is OP, just annoying to fight.

Just like Toon Link,Link,Robin are annoying to fight.

Storytime7

midnafanboy wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I don't mind fighting them when the player knows what they're doing, rather than just spamming moves because it worked on other people they've played. I put Diddy Kong up there with Sonic and Sheik as characters who are annoying to fight no matter who you're playing against.

Storytime7

UGXwolf

midnafanboy wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I haven't had many problems with Links. They usually try to edge camp and projectile spam and it doesn't really keep me away.

Also, I just remembered, I have this match saved on my game against a Sheik. It was pretty epic. I won the match because Sheik was on the right-side ledge of Luigi's Mansion Omega form and I lobbed a bomb. Sheik tried to jump out from the ledge, got caught by the bomb and floated up into perfect range for my side-smash. It was beautiful!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Nintendo_Ninja

Got both versions of smash and a pro controller for Christmas. I love it. My favorite characters are:
1. Charizard
2. Capt. Falcon
3. Link
4. Dr. Mario
5. Bowser Jr.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic