Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 27,917

Joeynator3000

Only reason why I couldn't see Ridley as a playable is because of the tail....aside from that, he could. But yeah his tail is like...long and stuff. If there's going to be another playable Metroiud character, give me Trace. Didn't like that game all that much, but Trace was awesome, lol.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

BandG

MixMasterMudkip wrote:

Thank god! Ridley will be awesome as a stage hazard! So glad i no longer have to worry about him being an actual fighter. I love Ridley, but he would never work! Also, anyone who thinks he could be resized needs to stop fooling themselves. Olimar was able to be resized cause he is about the same size you see him in Pikmin. Ridley takes up the entire screen! It couldt work with out making him look awful.

Ridley is not yet confirmed to be a stage hazard! Im not saying i think Ridley is a character, but why wouldn't Sakurai just show him if he was? Olimar was resized more than Ridley would be considering Olimar is as big as a quarter and mario is like 5 foot 5 inches. Ridley wasn't even big until the recent 3D games in super Metroid he is not much bigger than Samus! I think he could work if Sakurai really wanted to put him in...

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

Prof3ssorMGW

Ridley would best serve as a stage hazard imo. This stage looks awesome btw.

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS
Nintendo Network ID: Prof3ssorMGW

Orngeblu

BandG wrote:

Pits shield can reflect like 90% of attacks

It reflects projectiles, why wouldn't it? It'd be useless if it didn't because R/L shield would be the better option. (Because it has less lag) It also blocks attacks, and can be grabbed (don't need to be behind to grab) or attacked from behind. (Same as a R/L shield, only much laggier, so not a great option to use for blocking attacks) I don't see anything cheap there. Just because it can reflect projectiles doesn't make it cheap.

I'm glad they buffed it.

I'm betting on Ridley being a stage hazard, though. I don't think Sakurai has ever hinted at a new character in the quotes, and if not, this could be the first time if it's true. I wouldn't mind Ridley, as long as they can deal with the size. I don't care if they re-size him.

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Just had a pretty cool idea

What if in team battle, you and your teammate could have a joint final smash, like the hyper combos in Marvel vs Capcom? Both of you get to use your final smash at the same time when one person gets the smash ball. Maybe it would be too over-powered but it would make things interesting

Yeah...that would be overpowered. xP

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

KingDunsparce

BandG wrote:

MixMasterMudkip wrote:

Thank god! Ridley will be awesome as a stage hazard! So glad i no longer have to worry about him being an actual fighter. I love Ridley, but he would never work! Also, anyone who thinks he could be resized needs to stop fooling themselves. Olimar was able to be resized cause he is about the same size you see him in Pikmin. Ridley takes up the entire screen! It couldt work with out making him look awful.

Ridley is not yet confirmed to be a stage hazard! Im not saying i think Ridley is a character, but why wouldn't Sakurai just show him if he was? Olimar was resized more than Ridley would be considering Olimar is as big as a quarter and mario is like 5 foot 5 inches. Ridley wasn't even big until the recent 3D games in super Metroid he is not much bigger than Samus! I think he could work if Sakurai really wanted to put him in...

They might have not shown him just so that they could show off features of the stage one piece at a time. Even though I can't see him as a character, I'm sure Sakurai could prove me wrong somehow. There are other characters I wouldn't have expected to work (like R.O.B.). I don't have a problem with him being resized though. He was shown off small in Melee's opening clip.

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Arminillo

DestinyMan wrote:

Do you all think King Dedede will return?

Yes. Sakurai loooves his own IPs, and rightfully so. I personally wished that Meta Knight would be cut but he was in that concept art so probably not.

DeDeDe wasn't too bad for me but i really disliked his Final Smash!

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Happy_Mask

Sakurai actually voiced Dedede.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Dark-Luigi

Suicune wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Yes. Sakurai loooves his own IPs, and rightfully so. I personally wished that Meta Knight would be cut but he was in that concept art so probably not.

Waddle Dee Army...how so? if you don't mind me asking.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

Orngeblu

Happy_Mask wrote:

Sakurai actually voiced Dedede.

Oh yeah, I remember that, lul.

<3 Smash Bros.

Joeynator3000

Big-Luigi wrote:

Suicune wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

I mean yeah, its usually a useless Final, but...it's....just awesome. xD
Sometimes I just play as him just to use it for no reason, lol.

Anyways, did Sakurai really voice him in Brawl?

Waddle Dee Army...how so? if you don't mind me asking.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

SlyGuy29

A lot of people are overreacting about Ridley's inclusion. This is Sakurai's typical trolling, giving us a hint, but still leaving us in the dark. His comment on Miiverse doesn't confirm anything. Who honestly believed Ridley wouldn't have some form of role in the game? With that said, it does look as if Ridley could be a stage hazard, but Sakurai does like to surprise us, like with the inclusion of the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer. I still hope that Ridley is a playable character; people wanted him ever since Melee, but he was not included due to graphical issues. For those do not want Ridley SOLELY for his size, I recommend you to look up pizzadudemanguy and FeliciaFan444 on Youtube. They have valid reasoning and a proper moveset for Ridley's inclusion. But at the end of the day, we cannot be so tied up about the roster to the point that we feel disappointed in the game if someone is or isn't playable. This will turn out to be a fantastic game, with or without Ridley as a playable character.

"HEY DUDES, THANKS FOR RESCUING ME. LET'S GO FOR A BURGER.... HA! HA! HA! HA!" President Ronnie.

kkslider5552000

Super Smash Bros. has a guy whose never been playable (or shown until GX I believe) doing anything other than driving a futuristic vehicle in races, multiple characters from a turn based strategy series, a character who should be 25X shorter than everyone else and the Wii Fit trainer.

Any argument about why a character doesn't fit Super Smash Bros. other than being a 3rd party character that isn't important to Nintendo fans is invalid. Tomorrow they could announce that an Excitebike was a playable character, and you would have no choice but to accept it.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Orngeblu

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Super Smash Bros. has a guy whose never been playable (or shown until GX I believe) doing anything other than driving a futuristic vehicle in races, multiple characters from a turn based strategy series, a character who should be 25X shorter than everyone else and the Wii Fit trainer.

Any argument about why a character doesn't fit Super Smash Bros. other than being a 3rd party character that isn't important to Nintendo fans is invalid. Tomorrow they could announce that an Excitebike is a playable character, and you would have no choice but to accept it.

That would be horrible.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

JJW199

My List for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U
Note: This may results as "What if"

• Metal Sonic (Sonic)
  • Raiden/Grey Fox (Metal Gear Solid/Rising)
  • Ryu/Evil Ryu (Street Fighter)
  • Ken (Street Fighter)
  • Akuma/Shin Akuma/Oni Akuma (Street Fighter)
  • Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
  • Cammy (Street Fighter)
  • M.Bison (Street Fighter)
  • Jin/Devil (Tekken)
  • Pac-Man (Namco)
  • Sakura (Street Fighter)
  • Sagat (Street Fighter)
  • Kazuya (Tekken)
  • Heihachi (Tekken)
  • Burning (God) Gundam (G Gundam)
  • Master Gundam (G Gundam)
  • Nobel Gundam (G Gundam)
  • Gundam Astray Red Frame (Gundam Seed Astray)
  • Young Link (Majora's Mask)
  • Ganondorf (Ocarina of Time)
  • Black Shadow (F-Zero)
  • Rosalina (Mario)
  • Waluigi (Mario)
  • Chao or Chaos (Sonic)
  • Classic Tails (Sonic)
  • Knuckles (Sonic)
  • Bass (Mega Man)
  • Gutsman (Mega Man)
  • Protoman (Mega Man)
  • Shadow (Sonic)
  • Goku (DragonBall Z/GT)
  • Vegeta (Dragonball Z/GT)
  • Frieza - Final Form/100% Final Form (Dragonball Z)
  • Cell - Perfect Form/Super Perfect Form (Dragonball Z)
  • Super Buu/Kid Buu (Dragonball Z)
  • Syn/Omega Shenron (Dragonball GT)
  • Shadow (Spiegel) Gundam (G Gundam)
  • Wing Gundam Zero (Gundam Wing: TV/EW)
  • Deathscythe Hell (Gundam Wing: EW)
  • Altron/Nataku Gundam (Gundam Wing: EW)
  • Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  • Riku (Kingdom Hearts)
  • Mickey Mouse (Disney/Kingdom Hearts)
  • Sliver (Sonic)
  • Megaton/Galvatron (Transformers G1)
  • Optimus Prime (Transformers G1)
  • Starscream (Transformers G1)
  • Hulk (Marvel)
  • Thor (Marvel)
  • Kat And Ana (WarioWare Inc) "Replace Ice Climbers"
  • Mii
  • Little Mac (Punch Out!!!)
  • Knuckles Joe (Kirby)
  • Zero (Mega Man X/Zero)
  • Captain N: The Game Master (Nintendo)
  • Team Rocket (Pokémon)
  • Pucca (Pucca: Funny Love)
  • Guru (Pucca: Funny Love)
  • Tobe (Pucca: Funny Love)
  • Joker (Batman)
  • Mr Freeze (Batman)
  • Batman & Robin (Batman 1966–1968)
  • Mystic Gohan (Dragonball Z)
  • Catwoman (Batman)
  • The Penguin (Batman)
  • Mewtwo/Mega Mewtwo? (Pokémon)
  • Strike Freedom Gundam (Gundam Seed Destiny)
  • Destiny Gundam (Gundam Seed Destiny)
  • Infinite Justice Gundam (Gundam Seed Destiny)
  • Exia Gundam/00 Raiser Gundam/00 Qan[t] (Gundam 00)
  • Reborn Gundam/0 Gundam -Type A.C.D- (Gundam 00)
  • Shuffle Alliance (G Gundam)
  • Blaze the Cat (Sonic)
  • Rouge The Bat (Sonic)
  • Samus -Fusion Suit- (Metroid Fusion)
  • Dark Samus (Metroid Prime 2 & 3)
  • Dark (Devil) Gundam Final Form/100% Final Form (G Gundam - Final Boss)
  • Rouge (Sonic)
  • Unicron (Transformers The Movie 1986 - Ultimate Final Boss/Extra Boss)

well that all that I could think off (very likely to be overkill ^^;)
What do you think?

"Chao"

Twitter:

LordJumpMad

Orngeblu wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Any argument about why a character doesn't fit Super Smash Bros. other than being a 3rd party character that isn't important to Nintendo fans is invalid. Tomorrow they could announce that an Excitebike is a playable character, and you would have no choice but to accept it.

That would be horrible.

In the end, this could hurt or help Nintendo if it comes out good.
But...If Nintendo are going to insult their fans with cheap characters, just because they can do what they want. I hope they enjoy making games on the PS4 and XBoxOne if they keep that up.
Nintendo knows damn well what we want, but that doesn't matter. Only our money matters to them.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Snagrio

"Pic of the day. I guess we haven't shown the Villager or the Wii Fit Trainer on the 3DS until now. By the way, their outlines can be made thinner or made to disappear completely."
Untitled
So apparently we can change the settings on whether or not we want the black outlining. Sakurai, you are a genius.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

iwanttodie

JJW199 wrote:

My List for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U
Note: This may results as "What if"

(list)

well that all that I could think off (very likely to be overkill ^^;)
What do you think?

Untitled

IF I SEE ONE MORE PERSON WHO WANTS SONIC CHARACTERS ON THIS LIST

Edited on by Raylax

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic