Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,181 to 20,200 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

The answer to all the forms except the clone of you and the first form of Master Core is effective use of the Fire Emblem characters' counter. Master Beast with a standard Ike can be killed in like 3 counters, also the edge form takes a huge amount of damage if you counter at the end of the attack where swords attack from each side with a finishing blow vertically downwards at the end. The really hard part is Master Fortress of which a very slow character will pretty much get you insta-killed at the danger zones.

As for Lucina Cruel Smash, camping at the edge waiting to throw the Miis off the ledge or effective countering works best for me.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Joeynator3000

VolcanoFlamesNL wrote:

Yeah, those Forms can be dastardly. The Edge Form has this attack... no in fact, several attacks that are impossible to dodge...good luck to me completing challenges that require you not to lose a life in a 9.0 Classic Mode.
Oh, and please help! How do I use Lucina to KO 8 Miis in Cruel Smash in a way that's EASY and RELIABLE? There are some tricks I found online, but they aren't reliable, at least for me.

People on Youtube constantly say to spam Counter. >_>
I'm pretty sure that won't work. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Justlink

Just played against a Little Mac spammer. Felt so satisfied when I beat him with Little Mac!

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Blast

I finally got the game. Its so good and full of content.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

veeflames

Grumblevolcano wrote:

As for Lucina Cruel Smash, camping at the edge waiting to throw the Miis off the ledge or effective countering works best for me.

Yeah, I think I know that, but I don't know whether it's me, but somewhere along the line I just seem to fail. Tried so many freaking times in one day! There's also that Counter trick, whick could work if the Miis gave you just a tiny break. Sadly, they do not!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

KO-Cub

SuperMalleo wrote:

I will never play For Glory 1 vs. 1 mode ever again.

XoX

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

UGXwolf

@VolcanoFlamesNL I found that GameXplain's strategy of hanging off the ledge and jump up into the corner of the stage worked very well for racking up some damage. And I found that if you press side-B to the right after dropping off the ledge, then repeating up B, you'll send Miis to the right of the stage, making it much harder for them to recover. Since this is more difficult, I tried to only do it when most of the Miis were at high damage. You want them to go far from you so they don't toadstool you, because the Fighting Mii Team is painfully good at getting those lucky footstools.

I know that this is likely what you're referring to when you say unreliable, but I've found this is the most reliable method for this, as most other things rely on good RNG to not screw you before you get 8 kills.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

veeflames

UGXwolf wrote:

@VolcanoFlamesNL I found that GameXplain's strategy of hanging off the ledge and jump up into the corner of the stage worked very well for racking up some damage. And I found that if you press side-B to the right after dropping off the ledge, then repeating up B, you'll send Miis to the right of the stage, making it much harder for them to recover. Since this is more difficult, I tried to only do it when most of the Miis were at high damage. You want them to go far from you so they don't toadstool you, because the Fighting Mii Team is painfully good at getting those lucky footstools.

I know that this is likely what you're referring to when you say unreliable, but I've found this is the most reliable method for this, as most other things rely on good RNG to not screw you before you get 8 kills.

Yeah. That is the trick I'm talking about. I don't know whether I'm doing it wrong, as the Miis can have up to 200% damage without getting KOed, i.e. I think the Smash lasts longer than usual when using the Up + B trick. I could combine this trick with well placed Counter, but.... one word, HARD.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

UGXwolf

VolcanoFlamesNL wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Yeah. That is the trick I'm talking about. I don't know whether I'm doing it wrong, as the Miis can have up to 200% damage without getting KOed, i.e. I think the Smash lasts longer than usual when using the Up + B trick. I could combine this trick with well placed Counter, but.... one word, HARD.

Oh, yeah, I had trouble with that, too. However, I /did/ find that my little trick will work at damage over about 100-120. Do a side-B to the right just after dropping from the ledge. This will cause Lucina to face right, rather than left, meaning her hitbox will mostly push to the right. The upside of this trick is that Lucina can kill easier this way. The downside is that you're more likely to miss the sweetspot, leaving you temporarily vulnerable. Make sure any Miis on the ledge are really close up to it.

Also, one last challenge update: 139/140

Just me and the no-lifer. I've made a super slow, super tanky Ganondorf just for this challenge. I wanted desperate immortal so that he'd have some invincibility before he gets too high in the damage range, but I find he regularly survives to over 200%, so this is absolutely doable. I just have to get some really good RNG and play at my best. Master Core is tough, but I can do it. I manage to clear Master Fortress without losing a life all the time, and I got to Master Fortress without losing a life, before. I have never gotten to Master Hand without losing a stock, though. I think the furthest I've made it without doing so was Round 4. That or Round 6. Frickin... Why does Round 6 have to spawn more explosives than anything else?!?! Ganondorf is very likely to murder himself with this, rather than killing the Miis.

EDIT: I've managed to get to Master Core twice, now. Once losing on Master Edge and again on Master Shadow. @__@ I can do this, I just have to get really lucky.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Pootypie

UGXwolf wrote:

VolcanoFlamesNL wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Oh, yeah, I had trouble with that, too. However, I /did/ find that my little trick will work at damage over about 100-120. Do a side-B to the right just after dropping from the ledge. This will cause Lucina to face right, rather than left, meaning her hitbox will mostly push to the right. The upside of this trick is that Lucina can kill easier this way. The downside is that you're more likely to miss the sweetspot, leaving you temporarily vulnerable. Make sure any Miis on the ledge are really close up to it.

Also, one last challenge update: 139/140

Just me and the no-lifer. I've made a super slow, super tanky Ganondorf just for this challenge. I wanted desperate immortal so that he'd have some invincibility before he gets too high in the damage range, but I find he regularly survives to over 200%, so this is absolutely doable. I just have to get some really good RNG and play at my best. Master Core is tough, but I can do it. I manage to clear Master Fortress without losing a life all the time, and I got to Master Fortress without losing a life, before. I have never gotten to Master Hand without losing a stock, though. I think the furthest I've made it without doing so was Round 4. That or Round 6. Frickin... Why does Round 6 have to spawn more explosives than anything else?!?! Ganondorf is very likely to murder himself with this, rather than killing the Miis.

EDIT: I've managed to get to Master Core twice, now. Once losing on Master Edge and again on Master Shadow. @__@ I can do this, I just have to get really lucky.

Ganondorf isn't the best for this in my opinion. I would do Donkey Kong or Bowser, they seem like better options. Although I think I will give it a shot with my Captain Falcon first because... You know... He's my main!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

KO-Cub

DefHalan wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

Has this been talked about? About Diddy said being OP?

http://kotaku.com/why-hardcore-smash-bros-cant-stand-diddy-ko...

I play as Yoshi and I haven't had a problem fighting Diddy Kong.

Get grabbed and then juggled quickly then you'll know about it. Pro Players saying he's op because he's got very little lag between moves and the pros have a hard time to find counters.

Edited on by KO-Cub

DefHalan

MetalK9 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

Get grabbed and then juggled quickly then you'll know about it. Pro Players saying he's op because he's got very little lag between moves and the pros have a hard time to find counters.

Sucks for "Pro Players" I don't seem to have a problem against him

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

KO-Cub

XD

MsJubilee

MetalK9 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

Here's a tip for everyone don't let that annoying little chimp grab you! What am i saying he's range is godlike!You can't escape,it's ogre if he grabs you.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Jazzer94

DefHalan wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

Probably because you're fighting average players, Diddy doesn't make a person godlike at the game instantly.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DefHalan

Jazzer94 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

Probably because you're fighting average players, Diddy doesn't make a person godlike at the game instantly.

If i am fighting players near my own skill level and they are losing as Diddy Kong doesn't that kinda negate him being OP?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jazzer94

DefHalan wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

If i am fighting players near my own skill level and they are losing as Diddy Kong doesn't that kinda negate him being OP?

Read my comment again.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Storytime7

Not every competitive player thinks Diddy is the best in this game, but he's a bit too easy to use compared to some of the other good characters. Mew2King and ZeRo have recently said Sheik is the best character in this game.

DefHalan wrote:

Not at all.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic