Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,141 to 20,160 of 27,917

UGXwolf

Sparx wrote:

So...I got a group of friends together to play smash tour and we all loved it. I now play it with my bro every now and then. Guess I'm in the minority that likes it more than smash run?

Probably not the actual minority. I just find it less entertaining because I have to drag people in to play it with me and they never wanna do it. >w<

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

JunkosBoobies

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Crimzonlogic wrote:

According to my nephew, Captain Falcon is "dumb and annoying and should have been cut instead of Wolf". I'm all for bringing Wolf back, but this kid doesn't understand the importance of showing your moves. XD

Your nephew is now in danger of finding out what a Falcon Punch feels like.

It hurts. Trust me, I've felt it before...OR HAVE I!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

So anyways, I just recently got Smash a few days ago and my god this is enjoyable. My current main men are Link, Marth and Pikachu. Need to pick up some Amiibos soon.

Edited on by JunkosBoobies

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

Challenge update: 134/140

Looks like I've made a lot of progress? Eh, kinda. I cleared All-Star with Duck Hunt on Hard (I needed a drink after that one... but I hate alcohol, so I just had to deal with it.) and three other characters. (Ganondorf, Bowser, Mii Swordfighter) And... then I used hammers on the other two challenges I was willing to use hammers on because I had two hammers and two hammer-worthy challenges. So what's left?

-Classic 9.0 no lifer (I will always call this the no-lifer challenge from now on.)
-300k Gold (So you have to have 300k Gold AT ONE TIME! GREAT! Better rack up some Crazy Passes, I'm gonna need 'em.)
-50k Trophy Rush blocks (I wish this stat were somewhere so I knew how much I had left to grind. Still, if my math is worth anything and I can only get around 500 boxes in a single Trophy Rush at most, then this should take about 100 tries and... I don't feel like I'm anywhere near that. UGH!)
-700 unique trophies (So close to this one. I'm missing six character trophies, five alternates, and seventeen Final Smash trophies. Time to ride that All-Star mode like I bought a season pass.)
-All CDs (Still missing that last one)
-Smash Tour Metroid (Does this even deserve to be in my final five? I mean, it's going to be, regardless, but does it DESERVE to be. I just have bad RNG.)

So at this point... three of these are easily within reach and two are just insanely time-consuming, leaving only the no-lifer as the only remaining threat. Man, I've come a long way!

It sounds like you're doing just fine. Just take your time to finish the last ones, no rush. (^-^)v

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Yoshi

I refuse to use hammers on challenges....

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

ZanderShepherd

I have no idea whether anyone here cares, but I'll just post it anyway. I did 50 online For Glory 1-on-1 battles, and wrote down what characters I encounted. Then, I made this pie chart of my results: http://postimg.org/image/rp0cw0qln/
I was curious what characters were being used a lot online. The results are unsuprising to me (Little Mac, Captain Falcon and Link) but maybe you were wondering. Do with it what you like.
Note: This was done in Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS (I don't own a Wii U (yet)). But since it probably also affects the Wii U version, I decided to post it here anyway.

ZanderShepherd

MegaStoneSmash91

Sparx wrote:

So...I got a group of friends together to play smash tour and we all loved it. I now play it with my bro every now and then. Guess I'm in the minority that likes it more than smash run?

I enjoy both Smash Run and Smash Tour, and I still say this despite the fact that I always play both solo. Smash Tour is entertaining for its sheer level of randomness. It is not a mode for serious play, but it does get annoying sometimes (just like Mario Party). Collecting Fighters is perhaps one of my favorite things about it. You never know who's going to pop up, though I do wish the custom characters were randomized. Instead there's 3 combinations for each character using the 3 sets of special moves and always the same colors for each. To be fair, I do like Smash Run a bit more. The platforming and beating up on enemies really remind me of The Subspace Emissary from Brawl, and I loved that mode. It's also fun to use customized characters on, as well as picking up all those stat boosts to make you feel like a god. If it was on the Wii U version I'd be playing both it and Tour a lot.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

It's a little disappointing that there's no Pac-Man World music.

I agree.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Drobotic

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Sparx wrote:

I enjoy both Smash Run and Smash Tour, and I still say this despite the fact that I always play both solo. Smash Tour is entertaining for its sheer level of randomness. It is not a mode for serious play, but it does get annoying sometimes (just like Mario Party). Collecting Fighters is perhaps one of my favorite things about it. You never know who's going to pop up, though I do wish the custom characters were randomized. Instead there's 3 combinations for each character using the 3 sets of special moves and always the same colors for each. To be fair, I do like Smash Run a bit more. The platforming and beating up on enemies really remind me of The Subspace Emissary from Brawl, and I loved that mode. It's also fun to use customized characters on, as well as picking up all those stat boosts to make you feel like a god. If it was on the Wii U version I'd be playing both it and Tour a lot.

If you're annoyed by the custom character movesets,you can always turn off custom characters entirely before you start the game.
Personally,I think Smash Tour is a good PARTY mode.Not one for actual serious play,like you said.But sometimes the CPU can be real jerks(one time one of the CPU made me take 100% damage at the start of a match and another made me mini at the SAME TIME).It's really just a mode made to make friends make each other mad,but in a good and fun way,like Mario Party.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

Tasuki

Ok So besides the Gamecube controller (which I can't use cause I don't have the adapter and I refuse to pay the bloated eBay prices for one) which controller is the best one to play Smash Bros with. I have the Gamepad (of course) Wiimotes with Nunchuks a classic controller, a Classic Controller pro and a 3DS.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MegaStoneSmash91

@Drobotic: It isn't the custom characters that annoy me. In fact, I like it better when they're on since it adds a bit more variety and randomness. What does annoy me is that the customs aren't random. Each character has three variations each using one numbered set of special moves. Furthermore, each of those special move sets is also assigned a particular one of that character's colors. Taking Link for example, his default green color has special set 1, his Skyward Sword clothes has special set 2, and Dark Link has special set 3. It's the same every time, and I know what special set characters have by their color when I see them on the board. It is by no means important or anything, I'd just prefer if the specials and colors were random.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

scrubbyscum999

Tasuki wrote:

Ok So besides the Gamecube controller (which I can't use cause I don't have the adapter and I refuse to pay the bloated eBay prices for one) which controller is the best one to play Smash Bros with. I have the Gamepad (of course) Wiimotes with Nunchuks a classic controller, a Classic Controller pro and a 3DS.

Wii U Pro Controller is pretty awesome for Smash. At least for me. I plan to try the these GC controllers I have once the adapter comes back in stock.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

Tasuki

scrubbyscum999 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Wii U Pro Controller is pretty awesome for Smash. At least for me. I plan to try the these GC controllers I have once the adapter comes back in stock.

I would try that but I don't have the Wii U Pro controller I just have the ones I listed.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MegaStoneSmash91

Tasuki wrote:

scrubbyscum999 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

I would try that but I don't have the Wii U Pro controller I just have the ones I listed.

Give the Classic Controller Pro a try. It's what I used when I played Brawl on the Wii U, and it felt pretty good. Really it all comes down to what you like, so just give everything you have a try.

Beep.
That is all.

iKhan

I'm gonna sound crazy saying this, but give the 3DS a shot as a controller.

I've really gotten accustomed to it. The biggest draw for me is how close the face buttons are to one another, making switching buttons a lot easier than the clunky larger diamond layout on the Gamepad or Pro controller.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

UGXwolf

iKhan wrote:

I'm gonna sound crazy saying this, but give the 3DS a shot as a controller.

I've really gotten accustomed to it. The biggest draw for me is how close the face buttons are to one another, making switching buttons a lot easier than the clunky larger diamond layout on the Gamepad or Pro controller.

Only problem is you can only use this in local Smash play. Nowhere else.

ZanderShepherd

Tasuki wrote:

I don't own the Wii U version, but I always played Brawl with the regular Classic Controller. I also really like the 3DS, but many people don't, so that's a matter of taste. I'd recommend using the Classic Controller Pro (which probably handles similair to the regular one)

ZanderShepherd

UGXwolf

I personally really love the Pro Controller. It's my favorite control method, but then, I don't have a GCN adapter, so it's not like I've been playing with Gamecube controllers all that much.

Also, challenge update: 138/140

This time I really DID make a lot of progress! A ton of All-Star and Classic runs later, and I'm short only three trophies. Not to mention selling some equipment and a few really good Crazy Orders got me to 300k Gold before I knew it, and my very first Smash Tour match of the day got me the Metroid and that last CD that was hiding behind it. So what's left?

-50,000 boxes in trophy rush.
-The no-lifer Classic run.

I'm getting a bit antsy. That Trophy Rush challenge can only keep me preoccupied for so long. The no-lifer is unavoidable and it'll be here sooner than I'm ready for it. I need to go set up an OP Ganondorf fast.

DBPirate

Smash Wii U has reached (and most likely surpassed by now) 1.5 million sales.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic