Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,121 to 20,140 of 27,917

Nintendo6400

Jazzer94 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Well, he's not talking about the whole competitive scene, is he?
Or maybe he is, in which case; he was probably using Brawl as an example. Final Destination was picked all of the time online.

@DreamyViridi And Smashville was picked most of the time in actual competitive play in Brawl and Town and City is quickly becoming a favourite among the community in Smash Wii U.

I'm still waiting for custom stages for competitive play so there can be a more diverse choice for the stages. Also, what happened to custom tournaments? I missed those. Is it because the moves are hard to unlock?

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

DreamyViridi

Jazzer94 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Or maybe he is, in which case; he was probably using Brawl as an example. Final Destination was picked all of the time online.

@DreamyViridi And Smashville was picked most of the time in actual competitive play in Brawl and Town and City is quickly becoming a favourite among the community in Smash Wii U.

(Animal Crossing stages popular for competitive play? Didn't know that.)
I meant just Brawl's online though. I admit, I don't think he took the true competitive crowd into account and perhaps Sakurai just thought he did. Idk.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

CapeSmash

The only stages I remember playing on online in Brawl were Final Destination and Temple. Those were the ONLY stages people chose. I don't ever recall playing on a stage that wasn't FD or Temple.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Jazzer94

DreamyViridi wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

(Animal Crossing stages popular for competitive play? Didn't know that.)
I meant just Brawl's online though. I admit, I don't think he took the true competitive crowd into account and perhaps Sakurai just thought he did. Idk.

Not a good way to gauge things then.

SockoMario wrote:

The only stages I remember playing on online in Brawl were Final Destination and Temple. Those were the ONLY stages people chose. I don't ever recall playing on a stage that wasn't FD or Temple.

Warioware was picked a lot when I played.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Crimzonlogic

According to my nephew, Captain Falcon is "dumb and annoying and should have been cut instead of Wolf". I'm all for bringing Wolf back, but this kid doesn't understand the importance of showing your moves. XD

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Drobotic

My amiibo are still unstoppable.Seriously,they react to everything I do.If any opponent makes a mistake near them,then the amiibo sees a chance to strike and takes it.But,there is a problem.Sometimes my amiibo will just stand still and do nothing against each other when both have the chance to make an attack.I know I didn't teach them this because I always attacked them relentlessly while training them up.Anyone else having this problem?

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

Nintendo6400

Drobotic wrote:

My amiibo are still unstoppable.Seriously,they react to everything I do.If any opponent makes a mistake near them,then the amiibo sees a chance to strike and takes it.But,there is a problem.Sometimes my amiibo will just stand still and do nothing against each other when both have the chance to make an attack.I know I didn't teach them this because I always attacked them relentlessly while training them up.Anyone else having this problem?

amiibos will keep getting stronger as they level up even without equipment. For example. My lvl 50 links uncharged up smash will do 30 % whole regular link will do 17%.

MsJubilee

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

amiibos will keep getting stronger as they level up even without equipment. For example. My lvl 50 links uncharged up smash will do 30 % whole regular link will do 17%.

Yeah that happens on all of them my Zelda is at level 50 and her attacks are way stronger than the original.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

NintendoFan64

Crimzonlogic wrote:

According to my nephew, Captain Falcon is "dumb and annoying and should have been cut instead of Wolf". I'm all for bringing Wolf back, but this kid doesn't understand the importance of showing your moves. XD

Your nephew is now in danger of finding out what a Falcon Punch feels like.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

CapeSmash

Shokutup wrote:

Little Mac needs to have his super armor taken off his moves. Maybe a full charge neutral b should have invincibility but not on his smash attacks. Please fix this soon

no.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

I-U

Just began playing Smash U today, and I've got to say lv. 50 amiibo are insane. My little brother and I have a Samus and Mario amiibo at that level, and we were getting beat repeatedly in four player. When I tried out 1v1, the Samus amiibo was like facing my little brother in a competitive match. The Mario amiibo is almost too perfect though. I don't know why he is so good with dodging and timing attacks, but I guess if there's a bright side I definitely think I'm improving by doing the 1vs1s. Spent about an hour losing to the Mario amiibo in stock matches before I lucked out as he screwed recovery twice to give me a win. Hopefully, Mario's a bit of an exception.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

MsJubilee

I-U wrote:

Just began playing Smash U today, and I've got to say lv. 50 amiibo are insane. My little brother and I have a Samus and Mario amiibo at that level, and we were getting beat repeatedly in four player. When I tried out 1v1, the Samus amiibo was like facing my little brother in a competitive match. The Mario amiibo is almost too perfect though. I don't know why he is so good with dodging and timing attacks, but I guess if there's a bright side I definitely think I'm improving by doing the 1vs1s. Spent about an hour losing to the Mario amiibo in stock matches before I lucked out as he screwed recovery twice to give me a win. Hopefully, Mario's a bit of an exception.

Well they know how to dodge every attack and their attacks are stronger than the original character, so maybe that's it.Cause at level 50 woah is like a boss that knows your every move.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

kkslider5552000

Felt like playing this obscure gem the past couple of days.

It is awesome, but the lack of a good Classic Mode is sad and I will not be 100% satisfied until every character gets a Break the Targets level.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

UGXwolf

Crimzonlogic wrote:

I can't let you show me your moves, Star Falcon?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

veeflames

I-U wrote:

Yeah, my Lv. 50 Kirby amiibo can be a beast - he knows when you're going to attack and all that stuff... to make matters worse, I fed him good stat boosts, meaning that a once weak Kirby can knock me out with at least 5 moves if I'm not careful. Still, he has only beaten me twice in 1v1 battles. Gotta think and move fast when playing these guys...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Grumblevolcano

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Felt like playing this obscure gem the past couple of days.

It is awesome, but the lack of a good Classic Mode is sad and I will not be 100% satisfied until every character gets a Break the Targets level.

I agree that it's a shame Break the Targets is exclusive to Smash Run.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

Challenge update: 134/140

Looks like I've made a lot of progress? Eh, kinda. I cleared All-Star with Duck Hunt on Hard (I needed a drink after that one... but I hate alcohol, so I just had to deal with it.) and three other characters. (Ganondorf, Bowser, Mii Swordfighter) And... then I used hammers on the other two challenges I was willing to use hammers on because I had two hammers and two hammer-worthy challenges. So what's left?

-Classic 9.0 no lifer (I will always call this the no-lifer challenge from now on.)
-300k Gold (So you have to have 300k Gold AT ONE TIME! GREAT! Better rack up some Crazy Passes, I'm gonna need 'em.)
-50k Trophy Rush blocks (I wish this stat were somewhere so I knew how much I had left to grind. Still, if my math is worth anything and I can only get around 500 boxes in a single Trophy Rush at most, then this should take about 100 tries and... I don't feel like I'm anywhere near that. UGH!)
-700 unique trophies (So close to this one. I'm missing six character trophies, five alternates, and seventeen Final Smash trophies. Time to ride that All-Star mode like I bought a season pass.)
-All CDs (Still missing that last one)
-Smash Tour Metroid (Does this even deserve to be in my final five? I mean, it's going to be, regardless, but does it DESERVE to be. I just have bad RNG.)

So at this point... three of these are easily within reach and two are just insanely time-consuming, leaving only the no-lifer as the only remaining threat. Man, I've come a long way!

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

Shokutup wrote:

Little Mac needs to have his super armor taken off his moves. Maybe a full charge neutral b should have invincibility but not on his smash attacks. Please fix this soon

Hell no Mac already struggles enough especially after the side B nerf leave him be.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Nintendo6400

UGXwolf wrote:

Challenge update: 134/140

Looks like I've made a lot of progress? Eh, kinda. I cleared All-Star with Duck Hunt on Hard (I needed a drink after that one... but I hate alcohol, so I just had to deal with it.) and three other characters. (Ganondorf, Bowser, Mii Swordfighter) And... then I used hammers on the other two challenges I was willing to use hammers on because I had two hammers and two hammer-worthy challenges. So what's left?

-Classic 9.0 no lifer (I will always call this the no-lifer challenge from now on.)
-300k Gold (So you have to have 300k Gold AT ONE TIME! GREAT! Better rack up some Crazy Passes, I'm gonna need 'em.)
-50k Trophy Rush blocks (I wish this stat were somewhere so I knew how much I had left to grind. Still, if my math is worth anything and I can only get around 500 boxes in a single Trophy Rush at most, then this should take about 100 tries and... I don't feel like I'm anywhere near that. UGH!)
-700 unique trophies (So close to this one. I'm missing six character trophies, five alternates, and seventeen Final Smash trophies. Time to ride that All-Star mode like I bought a season pass.)
-All CDs (Still missing that last one)
-Smash Tour Metroid (Does this even deserve to be in my final five? I mean, it's going to be, regardless, but does it DESERVE to be. I just have bad RNG.)

So at this point... three of these are easily within reach and two are just insanely time-consuming, leaving only the no-lifer as the only remaining threat. Man, I've come a long way!

We have similar final challenges. The metro I'd one was a pain and the reward for it is the final song as it was for me. I used a hammer on that one after the attempt to play by myself with 4 controller failed. Whoever the Metroid steals from must be the one to retrieve it.

Sparx

So...I got a group of friends together to play smash tour and we all loved it. I now play it with my bro every now and then. Guess I'm in the minority that likes it more than smash run?

My avatar is from here

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic