Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,101 to 20,120 of 27,917

Joeynator3000

Yeah I think the only characters that have the same moves from their original games are the Pokemon. (besides Jiggly's Final, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Benjelo

Yea lol, I don't know who came up with the idea to make that jigglypuffs final smash lol. Actually, final smashes don't really make sense for a lot of characters either. I would expect at least the final smash to be accurate to the original game, but some are just completely made up, like Luigi's final smash from brawl, negative zone, didn't appear in any of his games.... I don't think...

FC(3ds):2423-1966-6724
"I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause." Job 5:8

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1966-6724 | Nintendo Network ID: Benjelo

Joeynator3000

Benjelo wrote:

Yea lol, I don't know who came up with the idea to make that jigglypuffs final smash lol. Actually, final smashes don't really make sense for a lot of characters either. I would expect at least the final smash to be accurate to the original game, but some are just completely made up, like Luigi's final smash from brawl, negative zone, didn't appear in any of his games.... I don't think...

I still enjoyed Luigi's and King's old Finals, though. They were awesome, lol.
Made no sense to change some that made more sense but leave Jiggly's the same, you'd think they would change it to Moon Blast or something else relating to Fairy type, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Grumblevolcano

BlueBomber wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@BlueBomber Did you format the hard drive before use?

Yes

From looking around it seems the problem is your hard drive, try downloading with it not connected at all. I guess it not being one of the recommended hard drives is probably why this is happening..

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Benjelo wrote:

Made no sense to change some that made more sense but leave Jiggly's the same, you'd think they would change it to Moon Blast or something else relating to Fairy type, lol

I also liked Negative Zone and Dedede's final Smash(can't remember the name). Luigi's new final smash isn't as enjoyable, and Dedede's, while I admit I like it a bit more, is kinda a disappointment. I was expecting something like Masked Dedede. Speaking of which, Masked Dedede isn't referenced at all in this game. He isn't Dedede's final smash, he isn't an alt., hell, his theme is nowhere to be found! And I REALLY wanted that hem to be in!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

@ThatEpicDude I love Shulk, actually. Really great character, Buster is undeniably his best arte. If you aren't spending more time there than any other aren't, you're probably not doing it right. Lower knockback means comboing is easier. Jabs always hit, and you'll rack up damage really fast. Smash is really only good for if your opponent is at high damage and hopefully if they have less priority/range. Shield is no good if you're already easy to launch. Jump is only good AFTER you get launched, and speed has very specific uses, mostly switching your play style to confuse an opponent or force them to switch theirs.

@MasterWario Wewt! I beat All-Star on Hard with Duck Hunt (and Bowser. And Little Mac.) I just need one more Hard Run and I'll be in the clear. I really should stop being so lazy and go do that Smash Tour challenge, already, but I just really don't wanna play Smash Tour. >w< But that CD. D:

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Benjelo wrote:

Bear in mind that Poke'mon X and Y wasn't out during the planning stages of Smash. Greninja was added on a whim because Sakurai thought the character was cool and would work in Smash. Kalos Poke'mon League was likely made years later. Odds are, by the time Fairy Type meant anything to Jiggs, they weren't willing to go back and rebalance it just to add a new Final Smash.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DreamyViridi

@UGXwolf - One thing I discovered recently about Shulk is that his Monado Arts effect his Final Smash as well, which I think is pretty cool. If you can activate an Art (mainly Smash) before breaking the Smash Ball, the damage output is also affected. Monado Smash-Chain Attack does nothing damage-wise but can really launch and KO opponents in the low percentages (like 30%, even 20% depending). It was worth testing in training mode.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Blast

NintyMan wrote:

Funny how there's so much hating against Smash Bros. Wii U just because it won NL's GOTY for Readers.

Alotta Wii U games deserve praise and acclaim. Smash Wii U deserves it too.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Benjelo

NintyMan wrote:

Funny how there's so much hating against Smash Bros. Wii U just because it won NL's GOTY for Readers.

I haven't heard anyone saying they disliked smash for that reason, but then again, I haven't really been talking to people who would know about it recently XD. Mostly, all I'm hearing are people who are saying that its not like not melee, so its not good :/

FC(3ds):2423-1966-6724
"I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause." Job 5:8

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1966-6724 | Nintendo Network ID: Benjelo

Nintendo6400

Oh my!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G3_vOtY5kCc
I not sure whether I like this or hate this. All I know is that diddy, toon link, and mega man are going to be a bit more annoying to fight.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Pootypie

Any exact dates on the next wave amiibos yet? So far it seems to me that it is February 28...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

KO-Cub

Hey it's been a long time since I've been here. How's the meta?

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

CapeSmash

NintyMan wrote:

"The more deeply people play Smash Bros., the more they start seeking higher levels of precision in the gameplay. At the end, this leads them to prefer the Final Destination stage with no obstacles, no items, certain stock settings, etc."

Add platforms to the omega stages, please. WE LIKE PLATFORMS, SAKURAI.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Jazzer94

NintyMan wrote:

"The more deeply people play Smash Bros., the more they start seeking higher levels of precision in the gameplay. At the end, this leads them to prefer the Final Destination stage with no obstacles, no items, certain stock settings, etc. We did try to make this game so you can play it any way you like along these lines, but that approach does veer a little from the original intention of the design."

@NintyMan Have to say I like this part as it shows how little he gets about the scene.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DreamyViridi

Well, he's not talking about the whole competitive scene, is he?
Or maybe he is, in which case; he was probably using Brawl as an example. Final Destination was picked all of the time online.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Jazzer94

DreamyViridi wrote:

Well, he's not talking about the whole competitive scene, is he?
Or maybe he is, in which case; he was probably using Brawl as an example. Final Destination was picked all of the time online.

@DreamyViridi And Smashville was picked most of the time in actual competitive play in Brawl and Town and City is quickly becoming a favourite among the community in Smash Wii U.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic