Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,081 to 20,100 of 27,917

Pootypie

TeeJay wrote:

Luigi is common? I haven't seen him anywhere.

He is the third most common for me... I will list amiibos I have seen and they will be in order from most common to least common.

Mario
Link
Luigi
Peach
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Yoshi
Pikachu
Zelda
Samus

Rest I haven't seen, I really wanted Captain Falcon amiibo same goes for Fox , but was disappointed I found none I'm surely going to pre-order R.O.B. and Charizard once they are announced and whatever my brother wants. Nintendo needs to stock more badly... Paying for falcon three times its price is stupid.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Undead_terror

We need a boxing day challenge...use a melee character like Captain Falcon, and or use a character that has boxing gloves like Villager or a koopaling, those two would be the only characters with long ranged attacks, then play in the boxing ring or on the wrecking crew stage/smashvile/town & city so many can see the fight!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Not sure if this is the right place to ask.

My daughters Peach Amiibo is saying data corrupted. How do I wipe the data on it? Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything else I can do?

Edit: I just set up my Link one and now that's say corrupted as well. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

retropunky

You might want to wipe the data through the main settings on the system. The previous update added the amiibo settings through there.

Before you wipe the data, you should reboot your console.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Dave24

Weird that you are asking - the game should fix it automatically by loading previously stored data.

Also, in case, try holding these amiibos longer. If you will just "swipe it" on the gamepad, it will corrupt

Edited on by Dave24

Dave24

Spoony_Tech

PKpunky wrote:

You might want to wipe the data through the main settings on the system. The previous update added the amiibo settings through there.

Before you wipe the data, you should reboot your console.

So I should wipe the update as well? I tried deleting all the data since we really haven't played much but the update.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jariw

Spoony_Tech wrote:

My daughters Peach Amiibo is saying data corrupted. How do I wipe the data on it? Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything else I can do?

Edit: I just set up my Link one and now that's say corrupted as well. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Hold it on NFC spot until Smash confirms that the data has been written. If it says the data has been corrupted, just keep holding it on the NFC spot while selecting to reset the amiibo data. Smash can handle it without the need to reset the amiibo.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

ThatEpicDude

What is Shulk's best art in the Monado?

Jump: higher jumps, lower defense.
Speed: faster movement, weaker attacks.
Shield: higher defense, slower movement.
Buster: stronger attacks, weaker launch ability.
Smash: stronger launch ability, weaker attacks, lower defense against launching.

I like both Buster and Smash.

Join the Deformed Amiibo Club! Just $25,099.99!

3DS Friend Code: 4468-0980-8420 | Nintendo Network ID: PlatninumGamer

Spoony_Tech

jariw wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Hold it on NFC spot until Smash confirms that the data has been written. If it says the data has been corrupted, just keep holding it on the NFC spot while selecting to reset the amiibo data. Smash can handle it without the need to reset the amiibo.

Thanks, this cleared things up for me. Now at the risk of sounding stupid, are your Amiibo characters suppose to fight by themselves?

MERG said:

Devontaylor

I have a general question about the super smash brothers bundle... I bought the bundle from Amazon, in the US, including game, controller, converter, etc.

After testing, it turns out the game will not work on the console, which was bought in Norway. (Makes sense?...Stupid regions... Still... In 2014... Really?)

Now, big question...
The controller appears to also NOT work... Does this make sense? Should the region affect this?

Any reply is great! Much appreciated,
Devon Taylor

Devontaylor

retropunky

Spoony_Tech wrote:

jariw wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Thanks, this cleared things up for me. Now at the risk of sounding stupid, are your Amiibo characters suppose to fight by themselves?

Glad to hear you got it cleared up.

The amiibos do fight by themselves so you won't be able to control them. They gain levels by fighting with each other, and you can fight them as well. The stronger they get, the more difficult it will be to take them down.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Grumblevolcano

@Devontaylor Just like you were saying, there is region lock on all Wii U games so Smash from US won't work on an EU console. If you're talking about the GameCube controller, that only works in Smash so you won't be able to use it until you get an EU copy of the game.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MasterWario

@UGXwolf You might be able to get the Diddy cpu to suicide in Rival Smash. I can't remember how it happened but he did it twice for me (in the same match), so it can't be that uncommon.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

BlueBomber

Hello... Um, could someone help me with the eshop SSB4U version... This is my Story...

I used and plug an old Sandisk usb adapter with 64 gb of memory to my console for more space because I only had like 6 mbs left. So....
I decided to purchase SSB4U on the eshop, after a day of loading I was greeted with an error code at 98 percent of downloading.
The error code was 105-3016, it told me to power off the console and try downloading it again.
I moved some heavy games to the external hardrive to download SSB4 on the wii u main memory.
Turned off the console and tried redownloaing it again.
And ocurred the exact same error code...

HELP!!!!

BlueBomber

Joeynator3000

Managed to get a DK Amiibo, only one left too, guess I'm lucky. owo

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Benjelo

I'm not complaining, but just out of curiosity does anyone else notice how a lot of the attacks that the fire emblem characters perform don't really look similar to how they are in the game? Some are not even possible... Like Marth for example, he can't use a counter in any of the games he appeared in, I don't even think the counter ability was introduced until path of radiance which came out before melee and only certain classes can use it and no playable characters in SSB are that class.... And Robin's arcfire in SSB4 looks like he's throwing a exploding flame ball on the ground, where as in every fire emblem game it looks like thoron, but made of fire. Almost all of the fire emblem character move sets don't really make sense with the fire emblem franchise... Again, I'm not saying its a problem by any means, I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed.

FC(3ds):2423-1966-6724
"I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause." Job 5:8

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1966-6724 | Nintendo Network ID: Benjelo

Joeynator3000

Benjelo wrote:

I'm not complaining, but just out of curiosity does anyone else notice how a lot of the attacks that the fire emblem characters perform don't really look similar to how they are in the game? Some are not even possible... Like Marth for example, he can't use a counter in any of the games he appeared in, I don't even think the counter ability was introduced until path of radiance which came out before melee and only certain classes can use it and no playable characters in SSB are that class.... And Robin's arcfire in SSB4 looks like he's throwing a exploding flame ball on the ground, where as in every fire emblem game it looks like thoron, but made of fire. Almost all of the fire emblem character move sets don't really make sense with the fire emblem franchise... Again, I'm not saying its a problem by any means, I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed.

That's just Smash Bros. Ness couldn't use Starstorm or PSI Fire in his game either.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Benjelo

Fair point XD I guess a lot of the characters have movesets that are influenced in a way that they are not really accurate to their original games. I guess the characters wouldn't be as interesting that way.

FC(3ds):2423-1966-6724
"I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause." Job 5:8

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1966-6724 | Nintendo Network ID: Benjelo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic