Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 27,917

BandG

I don't mean a few moves, I mean like the entire moveset. Also anyone else disturbed by Pit's new shields? They were already ultra cheap before when there was just one...

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

Snagrio

I agree with the above statements. Besides Bowser and Pit, the rest of the veterans (that we know of so far) seem to have almost the same moveset they had in Brawl's...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Happy_Mask

@Wings It'll only get worse from here, what with luigi being pretty much confirmed to have his old moveset. We're going to be seeing that group of clones again methinks. >:[

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

19Robb92

I really hope they change Luigi's Final Smash.. The one in SSBB made no sense and was just weird.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Snagrio

There are are few Final Smashes that should be changed. Along with Luigi using the Poltergeist, Pit should change to using the Great Sacred Treasure (but a smaller version so it doesn't take up the whole stage) with it controlling similar to Diddy Kong's Rocketbarrel Barrage, Kirby can use the Ultra Sword and slice across a big section of the stage, and Peach can...do something better then what is one of the worst Final Smashes in Brawl.

Snagrio

mamp

Il-Fortissimo wrote:

@WingedFish I think your ideas are pretty good. Peach's Final Smash really needs to change. But I can't think of much. If only she wielded some kind of magical wand or something awesome like that.

You mean the magical umbrella from Super Princess Peach that gave her PMS powers.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Happy_Mask

@PeachHatahz Why don't you like her final smash? It allows you to heal, and KO your opponents easier.

Snagrio

Happy_Mask wrote:

@PeachHatahz Why don't you like her final smash? It allows you to heal, and KO your opponents easier.

Correction, it allows you to heal, or KO your opponents. Unless the said opponents are at lethal damage, it's impossible to really do much, especially if you're focusing on healing yourself at the same time. Maybe if the sleep duration was longer it wouldn't be so bad, but as is Peach has a terrible Final Smash any way you slice it.

Snagrio

Snagrio

DestinyMan wrote:

Now everyone's debating whether Ridley will be a stage hazard or a playable character because of Sakurai's wording in the Pic of the Day. Here's what he said.

"Out of the blue, here's a new stage--the Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second…"

People are wondering if that means Ridley appears in the stage as a hazard at any second or if Sakurai will update the Smash Bros. website later today to announce Ridley as a playable character. My two cents are that Ridley is a stage hazard. The wording clearly implies that Ridley may appear in the Pyrosphere any second. I think some people are getting their hopes up too soon.

Yeah he's clearly gonna be a stage hazard. I'm still secretly hoping in the back of my mind that the outcome will be different regardless...

Snagrio

BandG

WingedFish wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Now everyone's debating whether Ridley will be a stage hazard or a playable character because of Sakurai's wording in the Pic of the Day. Here's what he said.

"Out of the blue, here's a new stage--the Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second…"

People are wondering if that means Ridley appears in the stage as a hazard at any second or if Sakurai will update the Smash Bros. website later today to announce Ridley as a playable character. My two cents are that Ridley is a stage hazard. The wording clearly implies that Ridley may appear in the Pyrosphere any second. I think some people are getting their hopes up too soon.

Yeah he's clearly gonna be a stage hazard. I'm still secretly hoping in the back of my mind that the outcome will be different regardless...

same :/ I wanna prove all the Ridley haters wrong

Happy_Mask

While it's likely he's just a stage hazard, Ridley is the only constant recurring character, aside from samus. I'd like to see another Kraid stage though, Norfair was somewhat messy, but I can imagine a good one with just Kraid looming in the background. :3

Orngeblu

BandG wrote:

I don't mean a few moves, I mean like the entire moveset. Also anyone else disturbed by Pit's new shields? They were already ultra cheap before when there was just one...

Whaaaat? CHEAP!? No. Why do you think they're cheap? If anything it's (the Brawl one) under powered.

WingedFish wrote:

I agree with the above statements. Besides Bowser and Pit, the rest of the veterans (that we know of so far) seem to have almost the same moveset they had in Brawl's...

Actually, for all we know Pit's Fair, Bair, Dtilt, Utilt, Uair, Dair, Fsmash, Dsmash, Usmash...ok, you get the point, those could be the same. The only ones we have seen that are new are the Side-B, Down-B, and Up-B right?

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

BandG

Pits shield can reflect like 90% of attacks

Edited on by BandG

zoroarkrules25

While ridley is most likely a stage hazzard, i can only hope he is playable.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

PloXyZeRO

Just had a pretty cool idea

What if in team battle, you and your teammate could have a joint final smash, like the hyper combos in Marvel vs Capcom? Both of you get to use your final smash at the same time when one person gets the smash ball. Maybe it would be too over-powered but it would make things interesting

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

MixMasterMudkip

Thank god! Ridley will be awesome as a stage hazard! So glad i no longer have to worry about him being an actual fighter. I love Ridley, but he would never work! Also, anyone who thinks he could be resized needs to stop fooling themselves. Olimar was able to be resized cause he is about the same size you see him in Pikmin. Ridley takes up the entire screen! It couldt work with out making him look awful.

Friend Code: 5241-2232-9791
Friend Safari is Fire with: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixan
Mario Kart 8 Tournament: "Rosalina's Booty Cup" Code: 5852-0678-9577

Nintendo Network ID: MixMasterMudkip | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

@PloXyZeRO - It'd be very chaotic and somewhat overpowered, but I agree that it would be interesting. Although, maybe the guy/girl who didn't get the Smash Ball would have to do something else to perform the joint Final Smash.

While a small addition, I think it'd be cool if in Team Battle; players could dive to the edge of platforms (by side-rolling towards it) and lend a hand, grabbing teammates close enough to them. This would extend the ledge hitbox for recovering fighters.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

KingDunsparce

MixMasterMudkip wrote:

Thank god! Ridley will be awesome as a stage hazard! So glad i no longer have to worry about him being an actual fighter. I love Ridley, but he would never work! Also, anyone who thinks he could be resized needs to stop fooling themselves. Olimar was able to be resized cause he is about the same size you see him in Pikmin. Ridley takes up the entire screen! It couldt work with out making him look awful.

I agree. Ridley will be an amazing hazard, and I'm sure, as usual, I will love the Metroid stage! I couldn't really see how Ridley would work as a character. Olimar was resized a lot though. It worked because he basically looks like a human.

DreamyViridi wrote:

While a small addition, I think it'd be cool if in Team Battle; players could dive to the edge of platforms (by side-rolling towards it) and lend a hand, grabbing teammates close enough to them. This would extend the ledge hitbox for recovering fighters.

That's a great idea! It would really help those characters with worse recovery moves.

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic