Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,981 to 20,000 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

Jazzer94 wrote:

DBPirate wrote:

I just have one complaint with the game: the challenges. Who the heck decided to put those challenges in the game?! Complete 9.0 Classic without losing a life and it can't be hit with a hammer?! I was going to try to 100% the game but forget it. Now, my main goal is just to get all the trophies.

Use custom moves with a character like DK, for example healing tie.

Ho-ho! That's not gonna help you with beating Allstar on hard with every character!(Thank God you can use a hammer on that).

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Jazzer94

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DBPirate wrote:

I just have one complaint with the game: the challenges. Who the heck decided to put those challenges in the game?! Complete 9.0 Classic without losing a life and it can't be hit with a hammer?! I was going to try to 100% the game but forget it. Now, my main goal is just to get all the trophies.

Ho-ho! That's not gonna help you with beating Allstar on hard with every character!(Thank God you can use a hammer on that).

Allstar mode isn't even hard though that one just time consuming than difficult.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

NintendoFan64

Jazzer94 wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DBPirate wrote:

Allstar mode isn't even hard though that one just time consuming than difficult.

Well, guess I just suck, then. Also, just finished Classic as all characters and found out that there isn't a challenge for doing so. Kinda surprised, really.

Yoshi

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DBPirate wrote:

Well, guess I just suck, then. Also, just finished Classic as all characters and found out that there isn't a challenge for doing so. Kinda surprised, really.

I'm going to break your heart....

The challenge is to complete Classic with all characters on 7.0 or higher.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

NintendoFan64

brewsky wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DBPirate wrote:

Oh, I already knew about that one. For a second I thought you were gonna ''beat Classic with all characters on 9.0''.

Jazzer94

NintendoFan64 wrote:

brewsky wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DBPirate wrote:

Oh, I already knew about that one. For a second I thought you were gonna ''beat Classic with all characters on 9.0''.

Nah they aren't that cruel though you've got to beat it on 8.0 with 3.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

NintendoFan64

Jazzer94 wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

brewsky wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DBPirate wrote:

Nah they aren't that cruel though you've got to beat it on 8.0 with 3.

Already got that one done. So...basically I'm gonna have to go through it three more times(there's really just two that I haven't beaten it on 7.0 but there's no way I'm gonna make it without dying with the characters in question.)

Joeynator3000

does Crazy Orders as Charizard, has a good start...starts a match and uses Flare Blitz against opponents...ends up going the opposite direction and off the stage
...great, now my Pro Controller is working against me. >_>

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

UGXwolf

I dunno. I find All-Star mode to be pretty difficult. More so than Classic (in general, 9.0 is definitely worse than All-Star on Hard.) Maybe it's just me, but I have a lot of trouble with it.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf wrote:

I dunno. I find All-Star mode to be pretty difficult. More so than Classic (in general, 9.0 is definitely worse than All-Star on Hard.) Maybe it's just me, but I have a lot of trouble with it.

I agree because you don't get to choose which stages you do in All-Star and the randomness generally goes against you. For example, the times I tried All-Star on hard for Ike (there's a challenge for that), stage 5 was always Port Town Aero Dive and I got KO'd a fair amount by Zoda.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Randomname19

Screw the classic mode challenges,I just want the thropies of all the playable characters.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

FriedSquid

I swear, if I could do those challenges for you guys I would... Like I said before, I feel like the only one who likes doing them.

I've already beat Classic with every character and I'm finishing up All-Star with everyone currently.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Undead_terror

As someone who got both smash's (the full package) I think I won't be bothering with the Wii U challenges for a while, already done a bunch of challenges and now there is a bunch more, the only thing is that these are longer and harder ones, probably pick at some of the smaller and shorter ones.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

Btw, who the hell is party phil?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Btw, who the hell is party phil?

The host of Wii Party U. Pretty sure the only reason anyone's interested is because his voice is derp-tastic.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Kewlan

Am I the only one who doesn't have the "Notification" tab on the main menu? I don't get any message either on the top bar. How can I fix this? (I have played online before)

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

DBPirate

Jazzer94 wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DBPirate wrote:

I found All-Star Mode to be much harder on the Wii U version than on the 3DS version. On the 3DS version, I got by All-Star on easy in usually 5 or less minutes. Wii U version's "easy" All-Star Mode usually takes me about 8 minutes. I also hate how it's from most recent to oldest characters now. That means Mr. Game & Watch (who has his 9 judge attack) and Little Mac (who has his KO Meter) are on the last stage and you can easily die from those. Why are there no retries on All-Star?! I'm pretty sure there were in Brawl.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

FriedSquid

No offense @DBPirate but I've done All-Star on easy a couple dozen times now and it's not even challenging. Enemies practically stand still and wait for you attack, plus they deal less damage to you and you deal more to them. It's only difficult on Hard mode, and even then the challenge is light.

If you're having trouble I suggest, as time-consuming as it can be, playing it safe by not letting the CPUs surround you (sometimes they will barrage you all at once, keeping you in place — very annoying) and only attacking with strong moves (for example you can one-hit KO most enemies with Bowser, or Zelda's forward and back air) Most CPUs will go down at lower percentages, I'd say that you can KO an enemy with roughly 2-3 smash attacks, though it varies. And always try to simply throw them offstage in walk-off/scrolling stages.

Also, don't forget to conserve your healing items! I'd say you are safe from most enemies even at 100%, so save the Fairy Bottle until you are within 100%-150%. From there, only use an item every other battle or so, but save the Heart Containers for last or if you are over 100% again.

Never had a problem with Little Mac either; usually I KO him at he same time his meter fills up. His KO Punch seems easy to dodge (since the CPUs pause until they do something) but if your damage isn't too high you can probably withstand it. Like I said, I typically KO him before he can even use the punch, as most attacks will fling him and his recovery is so horrible.

Long post, I know, but hopefully some of this advice will help? I don't know, maybe this is totally unhelpful.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

DBPirate

Squid wrote:

No offense @DBPirate but I've done All-Star on easy a couple dozen times now and it's not even challenging. Enemies practically stand still and wait for you attack, plus they deal less damage to you and you deal more to them. It's only difficult on Hard mode, and even then the challenge is light.

If you're having trouble I suggest, as time-consuming as it can be, playing it safe by not letting the CPUs surround you (sometimes they will barrage you all at once, keeping you in place — very annoying) and only attacking with strong moves (for example you can one-hit KO most enemies with Bowser, or Zelda's forward and back air) Most CPUs will go down at lower percentages, I'd say that you can KO an enemy with roughly 2-3 smash attacks, though it varies. And always try to simply throw them offstage in walk-off/scrolling stages.

Also, don't forget to conserve your healing items! I'd say you are safe from most enemies even at 100%, so save the Fairy Bottle until you are within 100%-150%. From there, only use an item every other battle or so, but save the Heart Containers for last or if you are over 100% again.

Never had a problem with Little Mac either; usually I KO him at he same time his meter fills up. His KO Punch seems easy to dodge (since the CPUs pause until they do something) but if your damage isn't too high you can probably withstand it. Like I said, I typically KO him before he can even use the punch, as most attacks will fling him and his recovery is so horrible.

Long post, I know, but hopefully some of this advice will help? I don't know, maybe this is totally unhelpful.

No offense taken! Thanks for the advice!

I do agree that it is very time-consuming and they do wait to attack you. I guess I mainly meant how the stages are random especially on Port Town Aero Dive. If they kept it in in the order it was on the 3DS version, than Port Town Aero Dive would've been the 3rd stage instead of the 5th and you would have to start over less (wow, I hate those cars).

I also KO Little Mac at the time his meter fills up. I always stress on that stage though because I know I may have to start over the entire All-Star Mode because of the Judge attack or the KO Meter. I just beat All-Star with Ganondorf and I beat each stage in about 20 seconds because of his super strong attacks. If only every character was like that!

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

shingi_70

So a month in how has the eports community taken to Smash for Wii U?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic