Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,881 to 19,900 of 27,917

retropunky

And where might one find these ringtones?

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if people actually damage the amiibos and then list them on ebay as rare. It's getting crazy.

I just want my Mega Man and Ness amiibo.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Pootypie

PKpunky wrote:

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if people actually damage the amiibos and then list them on ebay as rare. It's getting crazy.

You don't, I can just easily convert them to music files then into my phone. Also thanks for the idea @MasterWario I will check that music out.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

retropunky

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

PKpunky wrote:

You don't, I can just easily convert them to music files then into my phone. Also thanks for the idea @MasterWario I will check that music out.

Well then, I guess I will go back to the brawl music I have

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Tsuchinoko

Sigh, the rumor mill has started up again, this time for DLC. There's a lot of stuff floating around. The thing is, when people make the obviously fake ones, they go from one extreme (nothing beyond Mewtwo) to another (tons of new characters, stages, events and challenges with no returning veterans).

Ill just post this here for the sake of having a conversation starter for the day. There's going to be a lot of these from now.

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/105350549841/rumor-mill-dlc-galore

Just to be clear, I think its boloney. Someone on the main blog page even pulled a "my uncle worked on Smash".

I had heard several rumors before this that sounded more interesting, but I don't want to jinx those. If you know me at all you might know what I'm referring to. I'm predictable like that.

Anyway, its Wednesday morning, and the cold finally came to Japan.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Jazzer94

One of my friends that works at one of the companies that worked on Smash Bros told me

Sigh so we're back to these again.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

NintendoFan64

One of my friends that works at one of the companies that worked on Smash Bros told me

Okay. Yeah. First sentence and I already now it's fake.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Uncle_Franklin

NintyMan wrote:

People assume this:
Nintendo: "Those three amiibo are already sold out? Well, I guess that's it for those three! Sorry guys!

Actually, that does often seem to be the attitude here in Japan. Quite often something I like is sold out at the convenience store, and it's not restocked for a long time, or even replaced by anything else.

Can't say further recession is surprising.

Uncle_Franklin

Tsuchinoko

Jazzer94 wrote:

Sigh so we're back to these again.

Oh yeah, until further DLC is either announced or fully once and for all without a doubt not going to happen, theres going to be a lot of these.

@Franklin You live in Japan too? Where?

Honestly, the recession hasn't hit Japan that bad. Greece and Italy are having a time, but have you heard about how bad it is in Russia?

Uncle_Franklin

@Tsuchinoko

Gifu Prefecture.

Whilst I've noticed some counter intuitive things regarding the economy here, can't say I've experienced much of the recession either, yet.

Went to an AEON mall on Monday, and did wonder how much people spent when the economy was booming.

Incidentally, I finally got a Wii U. It was a Smash bundle, I can't resist bundle. It didn't cost much as I had a lot of points on my Joshin card.

It's been a little confusing, but I think I can play Smash ok on it.

Uncle_Franklin

Tsuchinoko

Oh wow, I live in Kanagawa, but I'm moving to Northern Tokyo in March.

The recession in japan really affects in international purchasing power, so for international business or people travelling it is very noticeable. For domestic, locally made products it shouldn't have as much of a change. The value against the dollar is what has been weakened. People still aren't able to do as much as they would if the economy was stronger, but since the country is still fairly isolated, its harder to feel the recession in normal everyday life. Try to send money overseas though, and you see it right away.

Oh, and whats confusing about your WiiU?

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Volke93

This is my top 10 of favorite characters of the game:

10)Meta Knight;
9)Pac-Man;
8)Rosalina;
7)Kirby;
6)Duck Hunt Duo.;
5)Bowser Jr.;
4)Dark Pit (I know that is just a Pit's clone but.... I prefer him as character in Kid Icarus Uprising, lol);
3)Lucario;
2)Greninja;
1)Zero Suit Samus.

Those are the characters I can use better, and I win the most online. What are yours?

Volke93

muftu

Hi guys, I hope to find some Canadians in here. I recently learned about the Canada exclusive steelbook for Smash. I would like to find someone willing to trade with me (I am offering the rare Amiibo figures like Marth for trade), or please point me to where I could trade with someone.

FC: 0731-6199-4722

Blast

Hahaha rumor mills about DLC?! Hahaha oh, man.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

TeeJay

I fear in 4 years we'll still be hearing "rumors" about "ZOMG BIG DLC PAK IN DA WORX DAT THEYVE BIN TWERKING ON ALL THESE YEARS THEYRE GONNA FINALLY RELEES IT ZOMG"

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

dumedum

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

It only makes sense that they make more Marth, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer amiibo.

People assume this:
Nintendo: "Those three amiibo are already sold out? Well, I guess that's it for those three! Sorry guys!"

When it's really going to be this:
Nintendo: "Wow! Those three are sold out already? I suppose we didn't make enough supply at first. We'll just have to make more to meet consumer demand!"

Nintendo has stated before they were even out that some amiibos may be like "limit edition" deals because they will not be produced widely. Why does no one accept the very real possibility that we may not see these 3 again any time soon? They're not even that well known of characters except for maybe villager.

Because nobody wants to pay 100$ for them on ebay.

Just a few days ago Marth appeared on Amazon.com and I bought it for the original price.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Tsuchinoko

TeeJay wrote:

I fear in 4 years we'll still be hearing "rumors" about "ZOMG BIG DLC PAK IN DA WORX DAT THEYVE BIN TWERKING ON ALL THESE YEARS THEYRE GONNA FINALLY RELEES IT ZOMG"

Why are you surprised though? Think about how Smash fans were before the game was released. Years of detailed speculation, rumors upon endless rumors, fake leaks, videos and pictures. Thats not going to end when the game comes out. DLC is a very real possibility for a lot of games now, so Smash fans are being as a group, predictable, if nothing else. With all of the major releases coming up (both announced and speculated) as well as Sakurai maybe retiring, people are naturally going to wonder where the series is going. If we get some goodies, yay bonus. If not either way we can laugh at all the crazy rumors, just like we did before. It gives us something to talk about.

Edit: I meant retiring from the series, not all game production.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

FriedSquid

Yeah, I'm honestly not expecting the rumors to fade out anytime soon. And I'm actually looking forward to them... Some (or most) will surely be bogus, but what if we come across a correct one like the ESRB leaks that many thought was fake? I also agree that if nothing else it's something to talk about, though there will definitely be some we can tell right off the bat are fake, no discussion needed.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Tsuchinoko

Squid wrote:

Yeah, I'm honestly not expecting the rumors to fade out anytime soon. And I'm actually looking forward to them... Some (or most) will surely be bogus, but what if we come across a correct one like the ESRB leaks that many thought was fake? I also agree that if nothing else it's something to talk about, though there will definitely be some we can tell right off the bat are fake, no discussion needed.

Exactly. Ill try to keep rumor stuff limited on my end. Don't want it to completely take over the conversation.

Btw I'm torn on whether I should buy Smash WiiU and register it for the extras, or buy it and Mewtwo later. Deadline is coming fast. I don't have a WiiU yet though, but I'm planning on getting one. Not for a while though.

Inkling

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Sigh, the rumor mill has started up again, this time for DLC. There's a lot of stuff floating around. The thing is, when people make the obviously fake ones, they go from one extreme (nothing beyond Mewtwo) to another (tons of new characters, stages, events and challenges with no returning veterans).

Ill just post this here for the sake of having a conversation starter for the day. There's going to be a lot of these from now.

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/105350549841/rumor-mill-dlc-galore

Just to be clear, I think its boloney. Someone on the main blog page even pulled a "my uncle worked on Smash".

I had heard several rumors before this that sounded more interesting, but I don't want to jinx those. If you know me at all you might know what I'm referring to. I'm predictable like that.

Anyway, its Wednesday morning, and the cold finally came to Japan.

Hoping this is real :3

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic