Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,861 to 19,880 of 27,917

UGXwolf

So, someone posted a video on YouTube talking about the Amiibo situation, but they mentioned something I hadn't seen. Apparently the email between Nintendo and Kotaku had been redacted and a new one was sent saying that Nintendo realizes the popularity of some of the figures that have sold out and will try to bring those characters back later on down the line. So if you missed Marth, the villager, or anyone else, don't despair too much! There's a good chance Nintendo will decide to make more, since they only have money to gain from doing so. (Besides, if Animal Crossing U is a real thing, you KNOW it'll have Amiibo support and it'll most likely span all amiibos, considering the series' reputation for including absolutely everything about everything Nintendo.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

NintendoFan64

UGXwolf wrote:

So, someone posted a video on YouTube talking about the Amiibo situation, but they mentioned something I hadn't seen. Apparently the email between Nintendo and Kotaku had been redacted and a new one was sent saying that Nintendo realizes the popularity of some of the figures that have sold out and will try to bring those characters back later on down the line. So if you missed Marth, the villager, or anyone else, don't despair too much! There's a good chance Nintendo will decide to make more, since they only have money to gain from doing so. (Besides, if Animal Crossing U is a real thing, you KNOW it'll have Amiibo support and it'll most likely span all amiibos, considering the series' reputation for including absolutely everything about everything Nintendo.

Oh thank God!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

NintyMan wrote:

It only makes sense that they make more Marth, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer amiibo.

People assume this:
Nintendo: "Those three amiibo are already sold out? Well, I guess that's it for those three! Sorry guys!"

When it's really going to be this:
Nintendo: "Wow! Those three are sold out already? I suppose we didn't make enough supply at first. We'll just have to make more to meet consumer demand!"

Except they say it in Japanese

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

FriedSquid

Of course, Nintendo will make more amiibos of those three. Just a bit disappointing as I would've wanted to give those three as gifts, but the real question is how long will it take for supply to increase, as well as ensuring this doesn't happen in the future (or at least not as badly).

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

UGXwolf

Mind you, GameStop did tell us that Marth, WFT, and Villager had been discontinued, but that's more or less just nintendo saying "We dont have any more!" And besides, we know very well GameStop's shady practices. One of their managers (a guy that has reliably leaked stuff before) leaked their plans to hold un-ordered Shulk figures and sell them at a higher price as "used" Amiibos. Not that it matters, as Shulk pre-orders are apparently sold out.

As for when we'll see more of the sold out Amiibos? Keep in mind that Nintendo's gonna be busy with the Amiibo launch schedule as is. Don't hold your breath. I dont foresee any repeats until May at the earliest.

Edited on by UGXwolf

NintendoFan64

Now that I think about it, I feel REALLY stupid for thinking that those three were gone. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for them to restock.

Justlink

UGXwolf wrote:

Mind you, GameStop did tell us that Marth, WFT, and Villager had been discontinued, but that's more or less just nintendo saying "We dont have anymore!" And besides, we know very well GameStop's shady practices. One of their managers (a guy that has reliably leaked stuff before) leaked their plans to hold un-ordered Shulk figures and sell them at a higher price as "used" Amiibos. Not that it matters, as Shulk pre-orders are apparently sold out.

Probably a joke (wat u said), but can they really sell used amiibo? Do they already have trade-ins available?

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

UGXwolf

@justlink I wish I were kidding, but this same thing happe ed with Xenoblade Chronicles when they got extra copies. They sold them used for $90.

Drobotic

Does anyone else want to just glue back together an old Amiibo box and sell it as "defective" for money to get more Amiibos?

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

FriedSquid

Drobotic wrote:

Does anyone else want to just glue back together an old Amiibo box and sell it as "defective" for money to get more Amiibos?

Hey, that's not a bad idea! Time to get out the cutting knife.... No Tail Fox and Shieldless Link incoming! I bet I can make at least a couple hundred-thousand bucks.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Retro_on_theGo

NintyMan wrote:

It only makes sense that they make more Marth, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer amiibo.

People assume this:
Nintendo: "Those three amiibo are already sold out? Well, I guess that's it for those three! Sorry guys!"

Nintendo: "Wow! Those three are sold out already? I suppose we didn't make enough supply at first. We'll just have to make more to meet consumer demand!"

Nintendo has stated before they were even out that some amiibos may be like "limit edition" deals because they will not be produced widely. Why does no one accept the very real possibility that we may not see these 3 again any time soon? They're not even that well known of characters except for maybe villager.

NintendoFan64

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

People assume this:

Nintendo has stated before they were even out that some amiibos may be like "limit edition" deals because they will not be produced widely. Why does no one accept the very real possibility that we may not see these 3 again any time soon? They're not even that well known of characters except for maybe villager.

Because nobody wants to pay 100$ for them on ebay.

Justlink

Drobotic wrote:

The sword on my amiibo link actually comes off if you lightly pull it out of links hand and luckly i opened my box nicely, so I could do that if glue was permanent.

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Tsuchinoko

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

People assume this:

Which characters are limited is not known yet. I wouldn't place bets on veteran characters being limited just yet. Marth is even on the cover of the game.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

@Retro_on_theGo i fully accept it as a possibility, but not a particularly good one. Nintendo has the ability to change their mind, and after seeing the Marth and WFT figures sell out so fast, they have plenty of reason to bring them back at some point. And hell, with a new Animal Crossing most likely on the horizon, you'd be silly to think the Villager isn't likely to come back.

Edited on by UGXwolf

Grumblevolcano

I wonder whether Mewtwo will be automatically added to All Star mode once you download him. That sure would make the timed and hard mode challenges much more difficult as I'd assume if yes then he'd be put into the group with the other gen 1 Pokémon.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

Which of the Super Smash Bros music should I put on my phone as ringtone? I'm not sure because the ringtone length has to be 30 seconds lol.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MasterWario

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Which of the Super Smash Bros music should I put on my phone as ringtone? I'm not sure because the ringtone length has to be 30 seconds lol.

Well imo, the best ringtone you can go for is the Luigi's Mansion ringtone from that respective game (i.e. its not in Smash).
I keep trying to find a replacement for it (just to mix things up) but this one just works so well compared to everything else.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic