Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,841 to 19,860 of 27,917

MsJubilee

NintyMan wrote:

There's an unused Palutena's Guidance audio clip that has been discovered!
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0KivwmAoIq3
Pit: "Who is that?!"
Palutena: "I have no data on this fighter! I can't believe it!"
Viridi: "It must be an intruder from another dimension!"
Pit: "Whoever it is, the goal remains the same. To fight... and win!"
http://nintendoeverything.com/hidden-palutenas-guidance-audio...
It's generic, but it's still interesting.

It must be for the DLC characters like Mewtwo and more if there's more DLC characters in the future.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MsJubilee

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Sakurai in an interview with Famitsu about improving online and character balance:

—In the future, do you plan on adjusting or balancing the game further through a patch?
Sakurai: We don’t have any such plans, but at the very least we will be working on a few things connected to the online play experience, bit by bit.
If we were to do something like tweak characters’ customized special moves, then there’d be no end to it. But with that said, if there are any glaring issues, we may address them.
—That’s because with customized special moves or items, you can only play with them enabled online with players who are in your friends list, isn’t that right?
Sakurai: When playing with your personal friends, I think it’s probably more interesting that you can almost cheat a little through customizing your character. Laughs

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-smash-bros-wii-u3ds-wil...

Damnit it I just finished my CN survey and I knew I was forgetting something. There should be an option for custom moves online with anyone.

Why some people don't customize their characters. if they face someone they do then it's an unfair advantage.Then what's the point of skill,it should be like it is right now one on one it all comes down who's better.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Tsuchinoko

midnafanboy wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Sakurai in an interview with Famitsu about improving online and character balance:

—In the future, do you plan on adjusting or balancing the game further through a patch?
Sakurai: We don’t have any such plans, but at the very least we will be working on a few things connected to the online play experience, bit by bit.
If we were to do something like tweak characters’ customized special moves, then there’d be no end to it. But with that said, if there are any glaring issues, we may address them.
—That’s because with customized special moves or items, you can only play with them enabled online with players who are in your friends list, isn’t that right?
Sakurai: When playing with your personal friends, I think it’s probably more interesting that you can almost cheat a little through customizing your character. Laughs

Damnit it I just finished my CN survey and I knew I was forgetting something. There should be an option for custom moves online with anyone.

Why some people don't customize their characters. if they face someone they do then it's an unfair advantage.Then what's the point of skill,it should be like it is right now one on one it all comes down who's better.

I have yet to use custom moves. I used defense and attack boosts for classic 9.0, but that was it

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

MsJubilee

Tsuchinoko wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

I have yet to use custom moves. I used defense and attack boosts for classic 9.0, but that was it

I never used the custom parts, i always sold them to get money for the master orders and such.

Tsuchinoko

midnafanboy wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

I never used the custom parts, i always sold them to get money for the master orders and such.

Ah, I don't havea WiiU yet. Waiting until after my move in a few months. Considering certain game rumours I've heard, I might get one sooner than later. Money hasn't been a huge issue in the 3DS version for me, especially with how much I play single mode for practice.

Retro_on_theGo

midnafanboy wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

That's why I'd like a mode online specifically for the custom moves. I have yet to see any ridiculously broken ones either. I don't think they put you at too bad a disadvantage.

TeeJay

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

That's why I'd like a mode online specifically for the custom moves. I have yet to see any ridiculously broken ones either. I don't think they put you at too bad a disadvantage.

Toon Link can stay in the air forever if you combine his big short fuse bomb with his horizantal Up B. I named that custom set Peter Pan.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

UGXwolf

TeeJay wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Toon Link can stay in the air forever if you combine his big short fuse bomb with his horizantal Up B. I named that custom set Peter Pan.

Interesting and pretty funny, but I'd hardly call that broken when Rosalina and Olinar and Villager have such insane default recoveries (granted, Olimar has to ditch his Pikmin, first.)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Gameday

Warning Adult Language , Not Really For Kids
Win or Lose it goes up !

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
(Youtube) https://goo.gl/RZezjr
Nintendo Switch: 2899-5745-8667
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J
3DS: Gameday
Steam: Gameday_J

3DS Friend Code: 0705-5371-1465 | Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter:

JunkosBoobies

I don't even have the game yet and I already know it has the best remixes I've ever heard. Like, seriously. 'Dat Bubblegum K.K. remix.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

But the thing about it is, as it online mode can be considered the official version of the game for things like tiers. Customized characters, Mii fighters, and parts can be considered as bonuses for play with friends, sort of like an arranged version of the game. If you allow all that stuff strategy kind of goes out the window. I understand you want it to be separated, but you're still talking about increasing the amount of variable moves and stats in an online play mode by an incredible amount.

Pootypie

IceClimbers wrote:

Untitled

Untitled

WHY?

I'm so doing this lol

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

Ok now I'm worried that I might not even get Captain Falcon amiibo... IT'S A MUST TO GET IT!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MegaStoneSmash91

The wave 2 amiibos are certainly having a rocky start, and I don't mean that nobody is buying them. There's plenty of them on ebay being labled as "rare" or "sold out". I am, however, mainly seeing Little Mac, Zelda, and Diddy Kong for sale. The only Luigis and Captain Falcons were the Japanese versions, and there are very few of them. Is wave 2 really being awkwardly split up or something? My Luigi and Captain Falcon I pre-ordered from Amazon in October have surprisingly been delayed, so I suppose that means something. Amazon has big problems with pre-orders on these it seems. They're trying to get more in stock and will ship when available, and each of the 6 amiibos has a small notification on their respective pages stating just that. I never thought pre-ordering them would result in such an odd situation.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

TeeJay

I still only the same 4 Wave 1 amiibos no matter what store I go to.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

UGXwolf

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

But the thing about it is, as it online mode can be considered the official version of the game for things like tiers. Customized characters, Mii fighters, and parts can be considered as bonuses for play with friends, sort of like an arranged version of the game. If you allow all that stuff strategy kind of goes out the window. I understand you want it to be separated, but you're still talking about increasing the amount of variable moves and stats in an online play mode by an incredible amount.

I understand why people are skeptical, but it's not as if moves don't have their downsides. Yes, you may be able to argue that one custom is better than another, but it's not like one character can't be argued to be better than another. All I see is that allowing customs allows you to play a character another way than you'd normally play them, causing strategy to become more dynamic. I don't see how allowing customs could really be all that bad. (Now allowing equipment is a different story, as they alter stats and mechanics of the game.) If someone /does/ happen to find something ridiculous like Toon Link's Peter Pan set, the question becomes if someone can find a method of beating out that insanity.

NintendoFan64

midnafanboy wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

It must be for the DLC characters like Mewtwo and more if there's more DLC characters in the future.

I don't think that's Mewtwo. I think that his will be about him being a clone of Mew and his attacks. I'm not sure who that person is, but I think this is a clear indication of there being more characters that were originally planned than just Chrom and the Ice Climbers. Also, I'm not gonna lie, Magalor is the first person that came to my mind when reading that. I'm not saying that's who it is, because again, I have no idea whoever the person might be. That's just the first person that came to my mind.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

DreamyViridi

NintyMan wrote:

I'm fairly certain this is placeholder dialogue for potential DLC characters including Mewtwo, not Mewtwo specifically since they know the world of Pokémon already. It could also be a joke towards whoever found this as they could refer to the "intruder" as the hacker who found the audio files.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Nintendo6400

I would still like to see a custom online mode that's not with your friends. Custom fun could allow equipment while custom glory uses no equipment. I might have said this already though. I don't recall.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

UGXwolf

Who knows. Maybe it's an anti-hacking measure, causing Pit and Palutena to notice when there's a character from a previously unspecified slot.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic