Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,761 to 19,780 of 27,917

Crimzonlogic

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Crimzonlogic wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Compared to ORAS, which is a 3DS game... no... which worries me

Pokemon is a huge phenomenon, though. Of course it would sell like hotcakes. Way more people have a 3DS than Wii U. The 3DS version of Smash has sold several million copies, I hear, though I can't find where I read that now...

3 million copies

Yep, and some of those who bought the 3DS version might just be holding off on the Wii U version because they have the other one. I haven't gotten my Wii U version yet, but I'm content with the 3DS one for now. (I can't afford to buy the other for a while, not until I can get back to working.)

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

jariw

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Crimzonlogic wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Crimzonlogic wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U only sold 710,000 units

That's just in the US.
Edit: Sold over 200,000 in Japan so far. It's gotta be well over a million by now worldwide.

Yeah one million... that's a fifth of the sales for the first game ever :/

The game's only been out for a few weeks. Isn't that good? I never really pay attention to sales figures, but this seems like it's selling fairly well.

How many hardware units has been sold of 3DS vs. Wii U, if you're going to compare that? How much the the first Smash game sell during the first week? Why is this important to you?

jariw

Pootypie

jariw wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Crimzonlogic wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Crimzonlogic wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U only sold 710,000 units

That's just in the US.
Edit: Sold over 200,000 in Japan so far. It's gotta be well over a million by now worldwide.

Yeah one million... that's a fifth of the sales for the first game ever :/

The game's only been out for a few weeks. Isn't that good? I never really pay attention to sales figures, but this seems like it's selling fairly well.

How many hardware units has been sold of 3DS vs. Wii U, if you're going to compare that? How much the the first Smash game sell during the first week? Why is this important to you?

Is it illegal for it to be important to me?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

CapeSmash

I just realized that the Super Smash Bros. Medley orchestra thing isn't in the game. What's up with that?

My most wanted thing for DLC is more music. I love this soundtrack too much. Gimme more!

P.S no more version 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 versions of the same songs please. (i.e Jungle Level Ver. 7, Mute City Ver. 4, etc.)

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Grumblevolcano

SockoMario wrote:

I just realized that the Super Smash Bros. Medley orchestra thing isn't in the game. What's up with that?

My most wanted thing for DLC is more music. I love this soundtrack too much. Gimme more!

P.S no more version 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 versions of the same songs please. (i.e Jungle Level Ver. 7, Mute City Ver. 4, etc.)

How about SNES Rainbow Road Ver. 67?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

In the Wrecking Crew stage, it would've been cool if Foreman Spike was a stage boss. The enemies from that game could have popped up like the ones in the Pyrosphere.

It would've been great to see the Eggplant Man. Frankly I was hoping for some Wrecking Crew '98 representation.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Smash_kirby

SockoMario wrote:

I would gladly pay for tearing shadows and chaos ablaze remix medley.

Smash_kirby

NintendoFan64

SockoMario wrote:

I'm not really sure there's gonna be any DLC past Mewtwo, unless of course Sakurai wants to. Also, I don't really think it'll be more music...then again, Smash Bros. music kicks major a$$, so...speaking of which, that reminds me: DO you guys think that the Miiverse stage will come with it's own music that wasn't in the game before? It's looking like it, because I have yet to find the Nintendo Land remix in the game, and it doesn't look anyone's posted it on youtube, so I'm starting to think that maybe it'll be in the Miiverse stage.

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

The Miiverse stage will definitely have new music, and probably a few returning classics too.

Next year's soundtrack is going to be played so much in my car...

It's gonna make driving to the store a lot more epic, that's for sure.

UGXwolf

brewsky wrote:

Finally cleared All Star with Shulk in less than six minutes. I had 20 seconds to spare, but I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that flippin' Pac-Land was the final stage. Everyone was just jumping around the entire time, like they were more focused on avoiding me instead of attacking me.

That puts the total at 101. Only 39 challenges left!

After clearing Classic on 9.0 without customs, beating 4 Cruel Miis with Pit, Getting 300000 points on Target Blast Stage 3 with Pac-man using the back wall, and using a Hammer on the "Clear All-Star on Hard with all characters challenge, as well as a number of easier ones, I'm now at 110 with a surprisingly high 5 challenges cleared off the top row. I would feel it was within my grasp, but not being allowed to use customs on All-Star makes a number of these challenges nearly impossible for me, especially seeing as I can't use Duck Hunt worth a crap.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Drobotic

Okay,I know I'm probably not alone on this,but Nintendo NEEDS to release an update for the 3DS and Wii U versions of the games that allows you to disable stage bosses.The Yellow Devil,Ridley,and Flying Man are some of the most intrusive and annoying parts of Wily Castle,Pyrosphere,and Magicant and,IMO,really ruined the stages they were on.

Edited on by Drobotic

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

UGXwolf

Drobotic wrote:

Okay,I know I'm probably not alone on this,but Nintendo NEEDS to release an update for the 3DS and Wii U versions of the games that allows you to disable stage bosses.The Yellow Devil,Ridley,and Flying Man are some of the most intrusive and annoying parts of Wily Castle,Pyrosphere,and Magicant and,IMO,really ruined the stages they were on.

On the other end, I personally like these elements and think they add an interesting twist to the game, but a Battlefield mode where we keep the stage and platforms, but ditch the hazards and intrusions, would go a long way to make competition interesting.

Edit: I think what hurts more is that this concept already exists in the game. We just can't access it at will. Look at the Wario unlock fight in Wii U and the Ness unlock fight in 3DS. Notice how 5-Volt never gets on stage and the Flying men never appear? It'd just be nice to be able to access this stage more freely.

Edited on by UGXwolf

Tsuchinoko

NintendoFan64 wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

I'm not really sure there's gonna be any DLC past Mewtwo, unless of course Sakurai wants to. Also, I don't really think it'll be more music...then again, Smash Bros. music kicks major a$$, so...speaking of which, that reminds me: DO you guys think that the Miiverse stage will come with it's own music that wasn't in the game before? It's looking like it, because I have yet to find the Nintendo Land remix in the game, and it doesn't look anyone's posted it on youtube, so I'm starting to think that maybe it'll be in the Miiverse stage.

I still think we should wait on that. I keep hearing all kinds of rumours, and that Sakurai interview said they were thinking about it, but he did seem reluctant. For all we know we could just all of a sudden get a huge announcement like with MK8, or...Mewtwo is it. Lets just wait and see. I have my personal theory though.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Pootypie

I hope I can get the CD soundtrack... but I'm the only one in my family that wants it lol! I probably won't be able to get it, but Mewtwo is good enough. I wouldn't be so bothered without the CD soundtrack anyways, but I think I might make it to some good use... maybe...

Also for future DLC? I doubt it, it takes forever to make these kind of things. Although they might divert their direction to making DLC, and see the light of what DLC can do for them.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Grumblevolcano

Something which seems suspicious is that in the 50 facts video the soundtrack CDs show 30 tracks for each disc when there's 36 per disc, maybe some of the extra 12 songs are related to the special Miiverse stage.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsuchinoko

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Something which seems suspicious is that in the 50 facts video the soundtrack CDs show 30 tracks for each disc when there's 36 per disc, maybe some of the extra 12 songs are related to the special Miiverse stage.

Were there WiiU stages other than Miiverse that hadn't been announced at the time of the video reveal?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Grumblevolcano

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Were there WiiU stages other than Miiverse that hadn't been announced at the time of the video reveal?

Think it was just the unlockable stages excluding Kongo Jungle and Pac-Land so: Flat Zone X, Smashville, Duck Hunt, Pokémon Stadium 2. I guess they could have the Diamond/Pearl wild battle theme and a few from the Duck Hunt stage though there seems to be a lot of Pokémon music already.

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf

So a quick update, I'm sitting 24 challenges away from completion! Unfortunately almost all of these are particularly difficult, specify characters I can't use worth a crap, are annoying/luck-based, or are really, really time consuming. I'm currently focusing on Multi-man Smash, as I need to get 110 on 3-minute with Bowser, under 25 seconds in 10-man with everyone, and 100 in three minute with Mii Gunner. I've decided to just pretend 700 trophies doesn't exist because that's going to be painful. For anyone not aware, there are 716 trophies in the game, meaning you have to clear All-Star and Classic with nearly every character and just have some really good luck or a lot of time with Trophy Rush. I'll probably be close enough to care after beating Classic in 7.0 or higher with everyone and breaking 50000 blocks in Trophy Rush, which will also help me with the gold challenge, if I get 8 Rush Fevers in one game with Dr. Mario. I'm also severely annoyed with the Metroid challenge on Smash Tour. I've played six games averaging about 20 turns each. Only seen the Metroid once, and realized that it's completely by sheer luck if he even steals power ups from me, in the first place! Smash Tour has just so effortlessly proven that it is the worst mode in Smash Wii U by a long shot.

MasterWario

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

I hope I can get the CD soundtrack... but I'm the only one in my family that wants it lol! I probably won't be able to get it, but Mewtwo is good enough. I wouldn't be so bothered without the CD soundtrack anyways, but I think I might make it to some good use... maybe...

Also for future DLC? I doubt it, it takes forever to make these kind of things. Although they might divert their direction to making DLC, and see the light of what DLC can do for them.

Well its free, you just need the two versions of the game...if you have both versions why would you NOT get it?

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf wrote:

So a quick update, I'm sitting 24 challenges away from completion! Unfortunately almost all of these are particularly difficult, specify characters I can't use worth a crap, are annoying/luck-based, or are really, really time consuming. I'm currently focusing on Multi-man Smash, as I need to get 110 on 3-minute with Bowser, under 25 seconds in 10-man with everyone, and 100 in three minute with Mii Gunner. I've decided to just pretend 700 trophies doesn't exist because that's going to be painful. For anyone not aware, there are 716 trophies in the game, meaning you have to clear All-Star and Classic with nearly every character and just have some really good luck or a lot of time with Trophy Rush. I'll probably be close enough to care after beating Classic in 7.0 or higher with everyone and breaking 50000 blocks in Trophy Rush, which will also help me with the gold challenge, if I get 8 Rush Fevers in one game with Dr. Mario. I'm also severely annoyed with the Metroid challenge on Smash Tour. I've played six games averaging about 20 turns each. Only seen the Metroid once, and realized that it's completely by sheer luck if he even steals power ups from me, in the first place! Smash Tour has just so effortlessly proven that it is the worst mode in Smash Wii U by a long shot.

I'm struggling with the Metroid one too because you have to lose your stat boosts and then pick them up again, picking up someone else's stat boosts from a metroid does not count. What's worst about it is the reward is Vs. Parasite Queen which is one of the only 3 CDs I don't have (the other 2 are Classic on 8.0 ones).

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic