Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,641 to 19,660 of 27,917

evgenius

Hey guys,

I see that you all are actvely playing Smash Bros for the WiiU. Aren't you afraid of the error 160-0103?
I received the game a couple of days ago, but am reluctant to play: I really want my console to be functioning properly.

What are the experiences of people with the newest patch 5.3.2, do you have any errors with Smash?

evgenius

MegaStoneSmash91

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Out of all announced amiibos I think I made my decision on Mario, Fox, Captain Falcon, and Bowser. I think I will get R.O.B. and Charizard when they are announced too. But for current ones... has anyone noticed any bad details for Mario or Fox? The thing that Mario is human makes me think that production have some of the faces not well made? What really worries me a lot more is Captain Falcon... Oh my god I can't imagine if he has any defect... please no...

This was on the previous page, but I wanted to answer it anyway. The Mario amiibos I've seen all look good. The only real flaw I noticed is the white circle with the "M" on his hat is sometimes crooked or not centered. Otherwise there's really nothing wrong with him, and I'd say you made a good choice. As for Fox, he's a little more problematic, but not bad. There's lots of small details and colors on him, so naturally he'll have slightly different paint application on each one you see. If you can, take the time to look at areas like his boots, gloves, and face as that's where I saw the most variations in quality.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

jariw

evgenius wrote:

Hey guys,

I see that you all are actvely playing Smash Bros for the WiiU. Aren't you afraid of the error 160-0103?
I received the game a couple of days ago, but am reluctant to play: I really want my console to be functioning properly.

What are the experiences of people with the newest patch 5.3.2, do you have any errors with Smash?

That error message is not specifically related to Smash.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Tsuchinoko

jariw wrote:

evgenius wrote:

Hey guys,

That error message is not specifically related to Smash.

Yeah, its been said that error existed before Smash came out. Go play your game!

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Pootypie

Just noticed the two replies to my concern about amiibos, thank you @Grumblevolcano and @MegaStoneSmash91 Now to hope Captain Falcon isn't the next Marth lol.

One more question... if anyone could answer it, the second wave comes out December 19 in Europe, but when is second wave for the States? Can't find that anywhere :s

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Henmii

@evgenius,

I am a bit scared too. Some people say everything is fine as long as you don't play online. I played online once before I heard of the problem, but now I stay out of it untill its REALLY solved. But I do play all the other modes, and I have no problems. People already suggested that this isn't necesarily a Super Smash problem, and that the problem was already in the Wii u all the time. Nintendo very recently came with the new system-update that you mentioned, so the problem could be solved.

My advice: Play the game, but don't play it online untill we know for 100% that the problem is solved. If you are really scared, then maybe you put the game on your shelf and wait for a while.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Yoshi

So, how's everyone's progress on the challenges? Here's mine so far.

Untitled

How about everyone post their progress with their favorite image showing on the left. Do I honestly need to explain mine?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Crimzonlogic

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Just noticed the two replies to my concern about amiibos, thank you @Grumblevolcano and @MegaStoneSmash91 Now to hope Captain Falcon isn't the next Marth lol.

One more question... if anyone could answer it, the second wave comes out December 19 in Europe, but when is second wave for the States? Can't find that anywhere :s

I saw that a couple of places have it listed for the 14th, apparently. I don't know if that is true or not. I expect they will be released before Christmas. I hope they come soon, I can't wait to get Pit.

Second wave was already released in japan, I just found out. Here are some unboxing videos for the second wave figures with closeups, and Captain Falcon is in the last video on the list: http://nintendoeverything.com/videos-a-look-at-the-second-wav...

Pit and Captain Falcon are the best-looking of the bunch, in my opinion. Diddy Kong looks really derpy, unfortunately...

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Pootypie

Crimzonlogic wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

I saw that a couple of places have it listed for the 14th, apparently. I don't know if that is true or not. I expect they will be released before Christmas. I hope they come soon, I can't wait to get Pit.

Second wave was already released in japan, I just found out. Here are some unboxing videos for the second wave figures with closeups, and Captain Falcon is in the last video on the list: http://nintendoeverything.com/videos-a-look-at-the-second-wav...

Pit and Captain Falcon are the best-looking of the bunch, in my opinion. Diddy Kong looks really derpy, unfortunately...

Wow Japan got it already?! I like how they are trying to be fair with releases, Japan should get the second wave first since they got Wii U version last weekend..

Yeah Captain Falcon looks pretty good, I wonder if my brother is ok with the look of Little Mac (does he seem bad to you? I can't decide myself lol).

@brewsky how do you upload screenshots?

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Crimzonlogic

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Yeah Captain Falcon looks pretty good, I wonder if my brother is ok with the look of Little Mac (does he seem bad to you? I can't decide myself lol).

I think he looks really good, just a bit simple. But Little Mac doesn't have a lot of detail on him, anyway. Definitely benefits from having no chunky plastic supports on him, which is the only thing I don't like about Captain Falcon. I really don't like those supports. Pit is the only figure I think that isn't made worse by its plastic support. He's just perched on an iceberg.

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

evgenius

Henmii wrote:

@evgenius,

I am a bit scared too. Some people say everything is fine as long as you don't play online. I played online once before I heard of the problem, but now I stay out of it untill its REALLY solved. But I do play all the other modes, and I have no problems. People already suggested that this isn't necesarily a Super Smash problem, and that the problem was already in the Wii u all the time. Nintendo very recently came with the new system-update that you mentioned, so the problem could be solved.

My advice: Play the game, but don't play it online untill we know for 100% that the problem is solved. If you are really scared, then maybe you put the game on your shelf and wait for a while.

Thanks for your reply. It is indeed a strange feeling I have. On other forums, I read about guys who played other WiiU games years and only Smash Bros has managed to brick their console. http://smashboards.com/threads/error-code-160-0103.380245/page-9 It would have been nice to get an official acknowledgment of the issue from Nintendo and to know when it is going to be fixed. Now, my game is still sealed, but I really want to open and play it.

evgenius

Grumblevolcano

evgenius wrote:

Henmii wrote:

@evgenius,

Thanks for your reply. It is indeed a strange feeling I have. On other forums, I read about guys who played other WiiU games years and only Smash Bros has managed to brick their console. http://smashboards.com/threads/error-code-160-0103.380245/page-9 It would have been nice to get an official acknowledgment of the issue from Nintendo and to know when it is going to be fixed. Now, my game is still sealed, but I really want to open and play it.

Do you have the 3DS version, if so I'd recommend opening it but only to register the game on Club Nintendo so you can get the soundtrack CDs and Mewtwo.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dave24

evgenius wrote:

Henmii wrote:

@evgenius,

They are working on it. They even say it on Nintendo site

A small percentage of consumers playing Wii U may experience error codes (160-0103 and 160-1710) that could affect the ability of the system to function properly. We are investigating this issue now.

So give them time. The fix is the running joke as expected

You can try to do the following to solve the problem:

Turn the console off, then turn it back on again

or just call Nintendo.

It's not Smash related, though - this error also appeared with Hyrule Warriors and even with launch titles, like Black Ops 2. Maybe there is some problem with RAM usage and the console bricks.

Blaming Smash for it reminds me of every topic about PS3 update bricking consoles.

Dave24

CapeSmash

I really suck with Falcon in Smash Wii U. Was good with him on 3DS, but I'm just terrible with him on the Wii U version. So, I went back to Melee and played Falcon. Then I went back to Smash Wii U, and all of a sudden I'm good with him again.

Thanks, Melee.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Pootypie

SockoMario wrote:

I really suck with Falcon in Smash Wii U. Was good with him on 3DS, but I'm just terrible with him on the Wii U version. So, I went back to Melee and played Falcon. Then I went back to Smash Wii U, and all of a sudden I'm good with him again.

Thanks, Melee.

Want to face my Captain Falcon? Fear my knee!

Pootypie

evgenius

Dave24 wrote:

evgenius wrote:

Henmii wrote:

@evgenius,

They are working on it. They even say it on Nintendo site

A small percentage of consumers playing Wii U may experience error codes (160-0103 and 160-1710) that could affect the ability of the system to function properly. We are investigating this issue now.

So give them time. The fix is the running joke as expected

You can try to do the following to solve the problem:

Turn the console off, then turn it back on again

or just call Nintendo.

It's not Smash related, though - this error also appeared with Hyrule Warriors and even with launch titles, like Black Ops 2. Maybe there is some problem with RAM usage and the console bricks.

Blaming Smash for it reminds me of every topic about PS3 update bricking consoles.

I cannot find any official statement from Nintendo acknowledging the problem, as you stated. Some Nintendo employees mentioned on-going investigations on Miiverse. Also, there are users claiming that they had played a large amount of games before and only Smash Bros has bricked their console. Better safe than sorry, I would say.

evgenius

jariw

evgenius wrote:

Better safe than sorry, I would say.

If you want to be better safe than sorry, stay away from playing ALL games on the Wii U, since it's a problem that can happen in any game. The error code is a generic "corrupted data" error message. As long as you don't format the console, it will not be bricked. The reason why this happen more in Smash, is because Smash doesn't use a "saving data" icon. Close the game using the home menu before turning off the machine, and you'll be fine.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

DreamyViridi

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@DreamyViridi I'm really annoyed because I hammered the challenge for Marth on 9.0 and then minutes later I beat it on 8.5 (death on Onett). Probably should've gone for 4 KOs with Pit on Cruel Smash instead.

I did that challenge too while I was there. Got 5. The trick for Pit is to camp by the ledge, find an opening and throw a stray Mii off the stage. Their lack of recovery gets them KO'd. That challenge took some time to complete though.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Tsuchinoko

Well okay, but I would still be playing the game tons, just not online like others have said.

Off topic, but Nintendo are being really coy about a lot of things for next year. They still haven't really answered the question as to future DLC. Wouldn't be too surprised to see something like a Wolf DLC to coincide with the new Star Fox game, since he is playing a part in that game. I've read that they're pushing for that game to be released as early as possible.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

jariw

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Off topic, but Nintendo are being really coy about a lot of things for next year. They still haven't really answered the question as to future DLC.

Sakurai has answered that question. It's just some Smash gamers that refuse to listen.

jariw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic