Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,561 to 19,580 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

Day 13: Have 429 songs, and STILL haven't found that Nintendo Land remix.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

LzWinky

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@MrRedDaddy Assuming you own the 3DS version, I'd go for buying it to get the Club Nintendo Rewards (CDs and Mewtwo) but then do not use it until Nintendo has confirmed it's safe. I'm generally on the very cautious side for things like this and as the rate of people affected has increased upon Smash Wii U's release, I'm avoiding it (I especially don't want to have to face Fugu again in Tropical Freeze).

Then prepare to never play your Wii U again for a while. It's a system-wide problem

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Yoshi

NintyMan wrote:

Squid wrote:

Disappointed to find that Lanky and Cranky Kong's bits have been cut out of the DK Rap.

Yeah, that is lame.

Is there a 2 minute limit to a lot of the music tracks or something this time? Because that whole song played just fine in Melee and Brawl.

Actually, that seems to be the case this time around. I noticed a lot of songs are about two minutes in length. Maybe because online matches are two minutes as well? (Ignoring For Glory matches, obviously)

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

jariw

Gridatttack wrote:

jariw wrote:

The issue has nothing to do with Smash U specifically:

Theres no concrete proof that this is true.

And there's no concrete proof that this is false. Since the problem is so extremely rare, I'll personally not let this particular report affect my playing.

jariw

Eel

I played this for the first time with friends, it was really great.

Now they fear my Yoshi amiibo though. He went from level 30 to 50 quite quickly.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

brewsky wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Squid wrote:

Disappointed to find that Lanky and Cranky Kong's bits have been cut out of the DK Rap.

Yeah, that is lame.

Is there a 2 minute limit to a lot of the music tracks or something this time? Because that whole song played just fine in Melee and Brawl.

Actually, that seems to be the case this time around. I noticed a lot of songs are about two minutes in length. Maybe because online matches are two minutes as well? (Ignoring For Glory matches, obviously)

Although also cut in Brawl, a lot of Sonic songs with vocals were shortened such as "Open Your Heart" and "Live and Learn" for the same reason I assume. Below are the 2 versions of "Live and Learn".

Smash version

Sonic Adventure 2 version

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MegaStoneSmash91

I'm still seeing some complaints about the production quality of the amiibos here and there. From what I've seen at stores, they all seem very similar in terms of looks. Sure, there's a few minor paint defects here and there, but that's understandable. The paint is usually pretty uniform in accuracy, though. Otherwise I haven't personally seen any big problems. Of course, there's no way they'd keep the quality from the e3 prototypes while being mass produced. Even so, they still look great in my opinion. The level of detail is surprisingly high for such small figures. They even painted in shadows where necessary, and let's not forget the paint on Mario's overalls meant to represent the glow of his fireball. All-in-all, I think people are judging them too harshly. They look good for what they are.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

Sakurai doesn't think he'll work on another Smash Bros. Bros. game:

“I can’t positively declare there won’t be [another Smash Bros. game]. With both Melee and Brawl, I made those games with the thought that there wouldn’t be any more sequels. Thus, I really can’t deny the chance for another. However, as for myself, I don’t think there will be.”

“Our intention [with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U] was to provide extra merits to the game which go far beyond the sale price. In terms of scope, and in terms of sheer number of characters, we went beyond our limits long ago. And yet, if we cut the number of fighters or modes in a future game, I’m sure there would be complaints.”

“You could say that all the effort in the past to stretch out, keep pushing myself, and provide all these extra merits wound up tightening the noose around my neck in the future. That may seem like it contradicts my personal desire to keep giving gamers as much as I can, but I don’t see any easy answer for it. And yet, despite that, I also have trouble picturing someone else taking my place and providing all this value-added content without me.”

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/482127/smash-bros-creato...

He did a great job with the series. If their is a fifth game, it's gonna be sad for him to not be involved with it anymore. Then again I wouldn't want Sakurai to end up killing himself trying to make us happy, so this might be for the best.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Captain_Toad
Pic of the day. To train your amiibo, it's important to give them hands-on time in battles. If you play against your amiibo with the same character, you can act as its teacher and help them learn moves easier.
That said, it's also important to "feed" your amiibo equipment so you can make them stronger and give them special abilities.
Untitled
The effects in red show when a special ability will have a negative impact, but this is not necessarily a bad thing since the equipment might raise your amiibo's overall stats. It's also important to note that there's a limit on how much you can level an amiibo no matter how much you keep feeding it. However, you can change their balance of attack, defense, and speed.
Untitled

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Troggy

So, I have a question. If I was to hold a Smash Wii U tournament with this forum and two other forums, would anyone be interested?

'The suffering of others is the most amusing thing there is' - King Dedede

Donalp15

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Day 13: Have 429 songs, and STILL haven't found that Nintendo Land remix.

I don't think its in the game at all, my guess is that it is part of the Miiverse stage.

FC 0516 7736 7877

Pootypie

WalupeachyTime wrote:

So, I have a question. If I was to hold a Smash Wii U tournament with this forum and two other forums, would anyone be interested?

I would

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

retropunky

Man, I really hope they add Fountain of Dreams and another Mother stage.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

FriedSquid

NintyMan wrote:

Sakurai doesn't think he'll work on another Smash Bros. Bros. game:

“I can’t positively declare there won’t be [another Smash Bros. game]. With both Melee and Brawl, I made those games with the thought that there wouldn’t be any more sequels. Thus, I really can’t deny the chance for another. However, as for myself, I don’t think there will be.”

“Our intention [with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U] was to provide extra merits to the game which go far beyond the sale price. In terms of scope, and in terms of sheer number of characters, we went beyond our limits long ago. And yet, if we cut the number of fighters or modes in a future game, I’m sure there would be complaints.”

“You could say that all the effort in the past to stretch out, keep pushing myself, and provide all these extra merits wound up tightening the noose around my neck in the future. That may seem like it contradicts my personal desire to keep giving gamers as much as I can, but I don’t see any easy answer for it. And yet, despite that, I also have trouble picturing someone else taking my place and providing all this value-added content without me.”

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/482127/smash-bros-creato...

This is exactly what I was afraid of. Sakurai has put so much into Smash 4, how will he top it? And the man is getting tired and overworking himself, surely he needs to pass Smash Bros. on to someone else. I'm sure will be another Smash Bros. game but now I can see Sakurai will not be directing it. So the question is can the next Smash top Smash 4 without Sakurai?

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

MasterWario

Like I said on the article, I don't think we really need a new Smash Bros. It's hard to imagine not getting another one, but other than the flavor of the year characters (Lucina, Roy, etc.), nothing really needs to change. The only thing I believe Smash Bros needs at this time is more game modes (and ofc bugfixes/balance tweaks). Other than that, the game is pretty much as perfect as it's gonna get (besides the the lack of Waluigi or King K. Rool as a character, although that's just my personal preference). And all these things don't even need a new game, you can just add those down the line, even so far as 10 years down.

I'm sure it won't happen like that, but it would be fine for me if it did.
Brawl was a great game and I spent a ton of time with it, and Smash 4 fixed pretty much all the problems I had with Brawl, and made the game portable. With the amount of time I'll spend in the new Smash, I really won't need another one as a further time-sink.

Does anyone else feel similar at all?

@WalupeachyTime I would, but I wouldn't be able to participate for about a month.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

UGXwolf

Considering that Sakurai has always developed Smash games with the express belief that it was the last chance he'd get, I don't think this really means a whole lot. There will almost undoubtedly be another Smash and if Sakurai hasn't worked himself to death, there's a really good chance he'll be part of it. Right now, however, the poor man needs some sleep and maybe some time off.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

MasterWario wrote:

Like I said on the article, I don't think we really need a new Smash Bros. It's hard to imagine not getting another one, but other than the flavor of the year characters (Lucina, Roy, etc.), nothing really needs to change. The only thing I believe Smash Bros needs at this time is more game modes (and ofc bugfixes/balance tweaks). Other than that, the game is pretty much as perfect as it's gonna get (besides the the lack of Waluigi or King K. Rool as a character, although that's just my personal preference). And all these things don't even need a new game, you can just add those down the line, even so far as 10 years down.

I'm sure it won't happen like that, but it would be fine for me if it did.
Brawl was a great game and I spent a ton of time with it, and Smash 4 fixed pretty much all the problems I had with Brawl, and made the game portable. With the amount of time I'll spend in the new Smash, I really won't need another one as a further time-sink.

Does anyone else feel similar at all?

@WalupeachyTime I would, but I wouldn't be able to participate for about a month.

I totally get what you're saying, but I feel that eight years from now, you and many others will feel very differently about this.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

miiandmario

Hey so does anyone actually use equipment? I didnt in the 3ds version and I didnt here.

Switch FC: 6433-7682-7412
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

MsJubilee

miiandmario wrote:

Hey so does anyone actually use equipment? I didnt in the 3ds version and I didnt here.

Go to custom mode.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic