Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,541 to 19,560 of 27,917

mateq

hye guys, i might need to advice on which smash bros should I buy!
I'm really tempted towards Wii U version cause of HD, but I don't have TV at the moment so only off-screen play for me and no local multiplayer (probably no tv till summer!). I'd love 3ds version cause of portability and the fact you can fight random people whenever you see them with 3ds in a city. Considering these facts, I might get 3ds version after all.
What's your opinion after playing both versions? Is there a huge difference in experience? cross-buy is not an option right now, lack of money

mateq

3DS Friend Code: 3282-3229-9799 | Nintendo Network ID: mamusko

NintendoFan64

mateq wrote:

I'm really tempted towards Wii U version cause of HD, but I don't have TV at the moment so only off-screen play for me and no local multiplayer (probably no tv till summer!). I'd love 3ds version cause of portability and the fact you can fight random people whenever you see them with 3ds in a city. Considering these facts, I might get 3ds version after all.
What's your opinion after playing both versions? Is there a huge difference in experience? cross-buy is not an option right now, lack of money

Well, I kind of like the Wii U version more. It has more stages, more modes, and better online (though because of the recent error going on, I wouldn't recommend going online on the Wii U version at the moment). But the 3DS version is pretty enjoyable, too. For example, I preferred Smash Run over Smash Tour.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

jariw

NintendoFan64 wrote:

(though because of the recent error going on, I wouldn't recommend going online on the Wii U version at the moment).

The error was not related to Smash, it was related to faulty systems.

jariw

Uncle_Franklin

mateq wrote:

Get the 3DS version now, and the Wii U version when Mewtwo is available.

Uncle_Franklin

MrRedDaddy

So how many of your guyses systems have been wiped of there memory or have been bricked??? im so scared to buy super smash bros for wii u.... was really ecited about it but i saw a video or two and read an article on here about how that was happenng to peoples systems.... any advice lmao???

Letsa Go!

DefHalan

I haven't played online on Wii U yet and I haven't had any problems.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Pootypie

Fine for me last time I played it.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Captain_Toad

Taken from November 28 of Friday. Now we should be caught up with this verily.

Pic of the day. Congratulations to the European region where Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was launched today!! Today's post is completely off-topic though. It's the Wrecking Crew stage. When you make the bombs explode, the shock from the explosion transfers to the walls and destroys them. When there are only two panels or less holding up a floor, the floor will crash down, making the stage change constantly.
Untitled
You might get stuck inside a metal barrel that falls from above. Players can attack you while you're stuck, so get yourself out by mashing buttons.
Untitled

Oh and look closely to the bomb.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Gridatttack

NintyMan wrote:

@MrRedDaddy: There's only a risk playing For Glory online. There's no risk playing the game offline. Nintendo just released a statement on Miiverse confirming they're investigating the issue. You can still get the game, and it's all right.

People reports that some got the error when playing offline too. Nothing is safe for now until more information is given.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Sparx

From the research I did, it might be due to turning off the game while saving since apparently it has occurred with other games, and also Smash doesn't really let you know that the game is saving.

My avatar is from here

DefHalan

Sparx wrote:

From the research I did, it might be due to turning off the game while saving since apparently it has occurred with other games, and also Smash doesn't really let you know that the game is saving.

I always quit out to the Home Menu before turning off my system, guess I will always be safe lol

Pootypie

Gridatttack wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

@MrRedDaddy: There's only a risk playing For Glory online. There's no risk playing the game offline. Nintendo just released a statement on Miiverse confirming they're investigating the issue. You can still get the game, and it's all right.

People reports that some got the error when playing offline too. Nothing is safe for now until more information is given.

I'm going to be a brave R.O.B. and still play the game.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Grumblevolcano

@MrRedDaddy Assuming you own the 3DS version, I'd go for buying it to get the Club Nintendo Rewards (CDs and Mewtwo) but then do not use it until Nintendo has confirmed it's safe. I'm generally on the very cautious side for things like this and as the rate of people affected has increased upon Smash Wii U's release, I'm avoiding it (I especially don't want to have to face Fugu again in Tropical Freeze).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Gridatttack

DefHalan wrote:

Sparx wrote:

I always quit out to the Home Menu before turning off my system, guess I will always be safe lol

He mentions he did as you do, and he still got the error.

its better to wait until nintendo addresses this...

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.

jariw

OneBagTravel wrote:

I'm bummed about the lag. Hopefully it will smooth out with later patches.

What lag?

jariw

DefHalan

OneBagTravel wrote:

Lag can't be patched out too often. Mostly you (and the people you play against) just need better internet connections.

I haven't touched Wii U online but the 3DS online is really good

Edited on by DefHalan

Gridatttack

jariw wrote:

The issue has nothing to do with Smash U specifically:

Theres no concrete proof that this is true.

No one knows what error 160 is exactly. It could be an error code to tell that it couldn't identify an error with a proper error code. Some links in there said they fixed the error code, and other (the 3d world guy on gamefaq) says that switching user he was able to play again. This doesnt work on smash.

Edited on by Gridatttack

Budda

OneBagTravel wrote:

I don't think it has to be "patched".
9 out of 10 players I meet in 1 on 1 run smooth as if you play offline.
Team matches are almost as good.
Only 4 player free for all lag more often. But that's because the odds for lags are greater, there are 4 different connections.

It's all about your and/or the opponents connection.
I had some matches with someone from my country(Germany).. The connection was worse than a match with someone from the US.
And lags here and there are naturally. The data still has to "travel" some distance from you to your opponent and back.

(btw. You can check the location at his profile. Press X on the result screen and choose the player you want. You can block, report or send a friend request if you like.
I was looking for this for a while. Thought they removed it or something. lol )

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic