Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,481 to 19,500 of 27,917

Pootypie

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

What's this?

Fellow Nintendo new release Super Smash Bros. only managed 13th place in the chart. That includes sales of both the Wii U and 3DS incarnations. The game was supported by the launch of Nintendo's new Amiibo toy range (sales of which aren't yet known) but anecdotally there have been reports of Amiibo and Smash Bros. stock shortages, which may not have helped the game's chart position.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-01-omega-ruby-and-a...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

NintendoFan64

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

What's this?

Fellow Nintendo new release Super Smash Bros. only managed 13th place in the chart. That includes sales of both the Wii U and 3DS incarnations. The game was supported by the launch of Nintendo's new Amiibo toy range (sales of which aren't yet known) but anecdotally there have been reports of Amiibo and Smash Bros. stock shortages, which may not have helped the game's chart position.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-01-omega-ruby-and-a...

...Well that sucks.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

MasterWario

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

@MasterWario: There's a Barbara trophy too. Pretty cool. I'm pretty sure that's it for Rayman trophies, though. It's a wonder they didn't make a Raving Rabbids trophy.

I don't know how to clear the challenge with Luigi surviving in Cruel Smash in one minute. That feels like an eon to me, and Luigi's missile and uppercut recoveries can only do so much. Not to mention that a Mii could KO you even with only two hits.

You don't see Luigi getting serious in Smash. The only exception I know of is the Mii commercial.

My initial strategy for the Luigi challenge was to just hang out on the edge of the stage most of the time. Drop down, jump back on, repeat. However, since you now only recieve invincibility the first time you grab an edge, this proves useless. Eventually I came up with something that worked rather well. Using Luigi's fabulous jumping ability, jump from one side of the stage to the other. When the Miis get close, jump off the stage a little and get under the edge to grab it. From the edge, use a roll to get past the Miis which are, hopefully, mostly grouped together near the edge. Run to the other side of the stage, rinse and repeat until the minute is up or until you get sick of doing that. If you're worried about any Miis under you after a jump, the Luigi Cyclone can usually scatter them and give you a bit of room. Hope this helps! If not, well I tried.

That will probably work, but all I did was grab ledge, attack back onto the platform, jump off, repeat.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Captain_Toad
Pic of the day. When you play Master Orders in Special Orders mode, you will need to use a certain amount of gold to buy a ticket to enter. If you win the challenge, you'll get a reward determined by the difficulty level. The challenges may sound simple, but playing them on Very Hard is quite challenging.
Untitled
On the other hand, (I see what you did THAR!) the rules in Crazy Orders are very different. You'll earn one turn for every win, and each turn gets harder and harder. Some of your accumulated damage will get carried over. Crazy Hand will challenge your after 2 turns, so you'll earn your rewards if you beat him. The final battle will be an HP battle and the more accumulated damage you have, the more HP you'll have in the fight...so the trick is to be a little risky.
Untitled
Heheheheh. I'm so glad Sakurai put this mode in. This is one of my favorite modes even though I haven't played it yet. RISK VS. REWARD BABY!

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Pootypie

If any of you want a character recolor render for any reason (like avatar) you can find them here:

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

dumedum

I am losing all my one vs one matches I manage to win some 4 player smash and winning quite a lot of team smash but even though I'm sometimes close, I always seem to lose the one vs one

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

DreamyViridi

I still really like how when completing a Master Order, Master Hand gives you a thumbs up. For some reason, that just makes me smile. I feel these two modes give Master and Crazy more personality

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MasterWario

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

If any of you want a character recolor render for any reason (like avatar) you can find them here:

For all those who wanted throw-up flavor Donkey Kong as their avatar!
Seriously though, Donkey Kong has some of the best skins in the game. Well, what the heck, Donkey Kong is just one of the best in general. If only he was a bit more competitively viable.

DreamyViridi wrote:

I still really like how when completing a Master Order, Master Hand gives you a thumbs up. For some reason, that just makes me smile. I feel these two modes give Master and Crazy more personality

I really like this as well. Makes it seem like he actually cares about the fighters to some degree.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My Pushmo Levels

Pootypie

MasterWario wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Seriously though, Donkey Kong has some of the best skins in the game. Well, what the heck, Donkey Kong is just one of the best in general. If only he was a bit more competitively viable.

They should darken Mario's third color... I WANT THAT BACK

Pootypie

MasterWario

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

They should darken Mario's third color... I WANT THAT BACK

You know what I want back is Captain Wario (6th overall). That skin was seriously amazing.

My Pushmo Levels

Pootypie

Morpheel wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Just in time for my seasonal avatar change, thanks!

Lol no problem

@MasterWario I searched it up, and yes that skin looks really good lol. What wonders me though is why does little mac get 16 colors, while some others like Wii Fit Trainer, or Wario, or Robin have 8. I think those that have a "true" alt skin deserves 8 of each (besides bowser jr). So yeah Robin, Wii Fit Trainer, Wario, Villager, Olimar, and Little Mac should have 16 not just Little Mac. But the game is good enough, so it doesn't really bother me with these color changes.

Pootypie

Eel

Oh wow imagine 8 recolors for each Bowser Jr. costume.

It would be a nightmare to scroll through them all to choose one.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoFan64

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Lol no problem

@MasterWario I searched it up, and yes that skin looks really good lol. What wonders me though is why does little mac get 16 colors, while some others like Wii Fit Trainer, or Wario, or Robin have 8. I think those that have a "true" alt skin deserves 8 of each (besides bowser jr). So yeah Robin, Wii Fit Trainer, Wario, Villager, Olimar, and Little Mac should have 16 not just Little Mac. But the game is good enough, so it doesn't really bother me with these color changes.

Yeah, Little Mac has WAY too many alts. It's really just ridiculous.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Eel

It's really just his normal alt colors all over again in a wireframe body. The only one that changes things up is his hooded one.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MasterWario

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Lol no problem

I feel the same. It's kinda awkward that Little Mac's the only one with 16 too.

My Pushmo Levels

Captain_Toad

Well you know what they say about dem fire hydrants!

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

UGXwolf

@Captain_Toad I love Oac-man even more now. I'm also painfully reminded of how All Star seemed to love picking stages Ike was going to die horrifically on. Especially Port Town Aero Dive. Of all three or four possible stages, why ALWAYS Port Town. For reference, Stage 5 can easily be Yoshi's Wooly World, probably Pictochat 2, which I don't have, Skyworld (ew), or Port Town Aero Dive, and I always got Port Town Aero Dive and I always got killed by the racers instead of the actual fight.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Joeynator3000

...Anyone know how to deal with the 450000 points in stage 3 of Target Blast? Even managed to get a Perfect and still didn't even get close. :/

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic