Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 27,917

Happy_Mask

p4gaming wrote:

If You Keep Asking About Geno, I Will Delay Smash Brothers by Masahiro Sakurai

I sometimes wish that I could bring myself to let go of some of the responsibility for Smash Brothers, but I can’t. Because of this, people know who to complain to about any problems with the game which includes the character roster.

However, I have finally decided to tackle these complaints head-on for at least fans of a certain character. This is my threat. Every time I am asked to include Geno into Smash Brothers, I will delay the game’s release by one day. Stop asking me to add him.

I mean, I remember during Brawl that many people were outraged when I included Captain Olimar. They said that Olimar was only in two games and since Geno was also in two games, if you include his cameo, that he deserves as much representation. Some even said that Super Mario RPG is more important than both Pikmin games and so Olimar should just be replaced.

I’m afraid of including a representative from Rhythm Heaven because of this. I can already see it now, people complaining that Rhythm Heaven is not a real Nintendo series, that Karate Joe is not a true Nintendo character like Geno, or that the rhythm game genre is not a real genre when compared to RPG games.

I have heard from Shigesato Itoi-san that Mother fans were bad. Well, I think I have him beat. At least Mother is a Nintendo game series. This character doesn’t even belong to Nintendo and I didn’t have any involvement with the game. Snake’s not a Nintendo character but at least he is very popular; only a few extremely vocal fans care about Geno. I’ve seen people argue that if Geno can’t be included because he wasn’t designed by Nintendo that Diddy Kong should be removed because he was designed by Rare.

Every day I receive all these letters, e-mails and packages for this worthless character. Why spend the effort? Go do something more productive. I don’t want to lose the ability to use my arm because I keep opening letters expecting a fan’s praise about Kid Icarus: Uprising and instead getting some stupid note saying include Geno please.

I’m still not sure whether or not to show a trailer during the upcoming E3 Nintendo Direct. I don’t want to receive any death threats when people realize Geno isn’t in it.

Thanks a lot big luigi, making the game take forever to be released. >:[

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

DreamyViridi

@Big-Luigi - Of course one can dream... but I personally don't see the appeal.
Maybe an assist trophy. Speaking of, who thinks those could return?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Happy_Mask

The whole thing is satirical, so even if you were serious, it wouldn't matter. :3

Kewlan

Oh! So that's why they haven't said an official release date!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

CM30

So, who do you think the next character to be announced will be? I'd have expected someone from The Wonderful 101 to go with that Nintendo Direct, but that seems it like it isn't happening now.

Also, when do you think a new character will actually be announced? We've had two returning characters confirmed, threee or so new stages confirmed and some other stuff shown, but no more newcomers so far.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

zoroarkrules25

Big-Luigi wrote:

Untitled
I know it would be highly doubtful, but I can dream can I?

and pray, anyway i love your avatar.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

MegaStoneSmash91

One thing that needs to happen is more "Skin" style costumes. As in, change the look of the character (other than just colors), but nothing else. This was well executed in Brawl with Wario. He had both his classic overalls and his Warioware outfit as costumes, each with their own color changes.

Edited look, same moves.

Think about it:

A Dr. Mario Costume for Mario. They could even edit his fireballs to look like Mega-vitamins while keeping the same properties and damage.
A Fierce Deity Costume for Link. He could swap out the Master Sword for the Helix Sword. Same range, Same damage. New look.
If Sonic returns: Classic Sonic. Would give him a real "Generations" feel to have both a modern and classic look available.

There's plenty of other possibilities, too.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

OdnetninAges

I don't think a Clasic Sonic would work very well, but I definitely could see Fierce Deity Link and Dr. Mario working out nicely. I remember thinking it'd be cool if they put Sonic in his Riders costume as a seperate 'look'.

And I'm probably the minority here, but I thought the WarioWare costume looked the coolest of the two. I did use the 'Classic' design every once in a while, though... I wish Wario Land at least got a song or trophy or something in Brawl. Maybe the 3DS game will have a WL stage.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Kewlan

I agree, this needs to happen. They could make it so you unlock the costumes in the new "story" mode, or whatever it's going to be.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Happy_Mask

They already said there would be no costumes. Only character customization, the nature of which has yet to be revealed. :3

Orngeblu

Untitled

Hazard?

Happy_Mask wrote:

They already said there would be no costumes. Only character customization, the nature of which has yet to be revealed. :3

I hope it has something to do with changing the textures of characters...or something similar.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Snagrio

Orngeblu wrote:

Untitled

Hazard?

"Pic of the day. A big fire breaks out in Gerudo Valley. Epona, help!"

It seems to be so.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

GamecubeMan

Well I guess we can say that we probably wont see a skin for Marth being Lucina thing. Then again thats kinda a big spoiler within itself.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Kewlan

I'm disappointed that there won't be any costumes. It would seriously work so well, and we've seen it before with Wario so why not with other characters? I hope their customization they have in mind is better than we all think, or else I'm gon' be mad!

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Happy_Mask

Not sure what he should be more disturbed by, the fact that he's about to eshplode, or the fact that Rush is completely oblivious to that fact whilst in the blast zone. n_n

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic