Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,241 to 19,260 of 27,917

Azooooz

This just in: According to Nintendo, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is the fastest selling game in platform history.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Pootypie

Azooooz wrote:

This just in: According to Nintendo, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is the fastest selling game in platform history.

YES!!!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Grumblevolcano

This is such great news and all thanks to the creation of the Gamecube controller adapter! (speculation)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LzWinky

Fastest selling game? B-but I thought that Smash 3DS would cannibalize on the sales and the Wii U version would sell like no copies

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

jariw

SockoMario wrote:

1. 100,000 copies in US (launch weekend), and 40,000 in Japan

According to Nintendo PR:
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is now the fastest-selling Wii U title ever in the U.S. market (dethroning Mario Kart 8), with more than 490,000 physical and digital units combined sold during the three-day period of Nov. 21 through Nov. 23.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

CaviarMeths

For reference, Smash 3DS's launch weekend was 700k sales.

To 45 million 3DS owners.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

NinjaWaddleDee

Grumblevolcano wrote:

This is such great news and all thanks to the creation of the Gamecube controller adapter! (speculation)

It would be great if Nintendo decided to make some MORE of those though. Freaking ebay scalpers are ruining the hype I had for this game.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Pootypie

jariw wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is now the fastest-selling Wii U title ever in the U.S. market (dethroning Mario Kart 8), with more than 490,000 physical and digital units combined sold during the three-day period of Nov. 21 through Nov. 23.

Where's the source? I just wanna see it lol

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

jariw

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

jariw wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

SockoMario's prediciton is available earlier in this thread.

The Nintendo PR is available here:
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20141125005211/en/Ninte...

And NL made a news article about it here:
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/super_smash_bros_for...

jariw

Pootypie

jariw wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

jariw wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

SockoMario's prediciton is available earlier in this thread.

The Nintendo PR is available here:
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20141125005211/en/Ninte...

And NL made a news article about it here:
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/super_smash_bros_for...

Oh ok thank you and yes SockoMario's predictions... lol...

Pootypie

Jaz007

jariw wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

What are the best ways to get gold that aren't classic or online? Cause I'm not really sure how else to get gold at a reasonable rate.

I don't have the game yet, but how about the Master Hand/Crazy Hand modes?

Master hand mode costs money, and crazy hand costs 5000 gold or a ticket, but I think crazy hand also gives you money. I'll have to look into it, I might be able to make some real money with if it gives enough for playing well. I overlooked that due to be cost of entry.

Jaz007

Pootypie

NintyMan wrote:

Why doubt that this game would perform well? Come on, now.

Smash Bros. Wii U simply needs to be the saving grace for Wii U, and if this continues, it will be. It needs to return Wii U to respectable numbers. These coming holiday months will be interesting.

I'm surprised there's even someone doubting, I'm sure it will go well. Also Nintendo saying "there will be more surprises" makes me think of DLC... Sakurai needs a break once the tournament patch and Mewtwo are done lol

Pootypie

Grumblevolcano

@TheGreatBrawler I think Mewtwo is all for Smash DLC and the surprises are more towards something like a new console coming to Wii U VC (e.g. N64 or GCN). GCN would be perfect as there would then be other games to use the adapter with. Alternatively, maybe something like the renewal of Digital Deluxe Promotion.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jariw

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

I'm surprised there's even someone doubting, I'm sure it will go well. Also Nintendo saying "there will be more surprises" makes me think of DLC... Sakurai needs a break once the tournament patch and Mewtwo are done lol

The "more surprises" was mentioned in the context of the "Nintendo holiday". I don't see how this quote could be related to Smash.

jariw

NintendoFan64

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Why doubt that this game would perform well? Come on, now.

Smash Bros. Wii U simply needs to be the saving grace for Wii U, and if this continues, it will be. It needs to return Wii U to respectable numbers. These coming holiday months will be interesting.

Er...I wouldn't get your hopes up. That's what I'm doing. If I get my hopes up for someone like Lucas or Wolf being DLC, either it happens, or I get dissapointed, so I'm not keeping my hopes up.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

MoogleMuffins

Can anyone just confirm for me, with the Gamecube controller adapter, are original controllers compatible or do you need one of the new ones?

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

jariw

MoogleMuffins wrote:

Can anyone just confirm for me, with the Gamecube controller adapter, are original controllers compatible or do you need one of the new ones?

The old controllers work.

jariw

MoogleMuffins

jariw wrote:

MoogleMuffins wrote:

The old controllers work.

Thanks, glad I don't have to fork out money for a new one. Although I am tempted by the black Smash Bros controller they are releasing.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

CapeSmash

jariw wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Shoot... how dat possibul.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

cookiex

SockoMario wrote:

jariw wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Shoot... how dat possibul.

Untitled

Bon appetit.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic