Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,221 to 19,240 of 27,917

Budda

TeeJay wrote:

Squid wrote:

So the current Conquest is "Bunch of Jokers" with Shulk vs Little Mac vs Bowser... Good one, Nintendo.

I noticed that too, but I didn't get it. Still don't

It's a quote from Xenoblade Chronicles. From Reyn, if I'm not totally mistaken.
That's all there's to it I guess.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

FriedSquid

Yes, there was the Xenoblade reference, but I think it's also a reference to Bowser and Little Mac players.

Sakurai said Little Mac is statistically the worst fighter, due to overconfident players. And Bowser players constantly did his side-B as a suicide move, which was recently removed. So I'm guessing they're also poking fun at the bad players who use Bowser and Mac, calling them a "Bunch of Jokers".

Remember they also used "Looks Like We Don't Have a Choice!" right after the roster leaks... Someone at Nintendo really likes quoting Xenoblade.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

ZurrrrBlattTron

Squid wrote:

Yes, there was the Xenoblade reference, but I think it's also a reference to Bowser and Little Mac players.

Sakurai said Little Mac is statistically the worst fighter, due to overconfident players. And Bowser players constantly did his side-B as a suicide move, which was recently removed. So I'm guessing they're also poking fun at the bad players who use Bowser and Mac, calling them a "Bunch of Jokers".

Remember they also used "Looks Like We Don't Have a Choice!" right after the roster leaks... Someone at Nintendo really likes quoting Xenoblade.

Let's not lose our heads, though!

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Jaz007

What are the best ways to get gold that aren't classic or online? Cause I'm not really sure how else to get gold at a reasonable rate.

Jaz007

Eel

I gave my Yoshi amiibo two items with the ability that makes your second jump better.

It's pretty amazing to look at in action, specially with bunny ears on lol

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MsJubilee

torotoid64 wrote:

Squid wrote:

Let's not lose our heads, though!

Ahh Man,What a bunch of a jokers.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Joeynator3000

Yesh! They kept Tetris: Type B from Brawl! x3
I love that theme so much, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Sir_Diabeetus

Untitled

When I saw this facebook page and look at the comment section, all I see is complaint about the clones.

... Cheesus, I guess the complaint about clones are never going to stop.

Edited on by Sir_Diabeetus

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

Yoshi

Classic just seems to be harder in this version. Not to mention that Master Fortress is an absolute *****.

But then again, you have to be playing on 8.0 or higher just to fight the damn thing, so of course it has to be hard. I will beat you eventually!

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Crimzonlogic

I don't have the game yet, but I wanted to buy a Samus Amiibo. She's sold out at every store I went to. No Samus for me.
I finally saw a Marth figure. Aside from wonky hair, the face and figure looked good.

Nazo_no_Hikari wrote:

When I saw this facebook page and look at the comment section, all I see is complaint about the clones.

... Cheesus, I guess the complaint about clones are never going to stop.

Complaint about clones is stupid. They are quick additions that took little time to add and just give some extra characters to play as. And this also means I can get a Dark Pit amiibo figure next year. Yay.

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

jariw

Jaz007 wrote:

What are the best ways to get gold that aren't classic or online? Cause I'm not really sure how else to get gold at a reasonable rate.

I don't have the game yet, but how about the Master Hand/Crazy Hand modes?

jariw

Eel

Those cost coins so to play, and if they have rewards in coins, I'd assume most people will ignore them in favor of custom moves, music and etc.

The crazy orders seem to be riskier too, not sure if people will want to try and gain coins there.

The best way would be simply playing matches and classic mode.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Azooooz

"Pic of the day. The Orbital Gate, which was shown in yesterday's post, looks like a space station, as you can see in this picture. There was also a pic of the day where the fighters are going through the center gate."

Untitled

"…By the way, this model is actually a trophy. Diorama style. The Orbital Gate Assault stage actually took a whole year to complete."

Untitled

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Pootypie

Azooooz wrote:

"Pic of the day. The Orbital Gate, which was shown in yesterday's post, looks like a space station, as you can see in this picture. There was also a pic of the day where the fighters are going through the center gate."

Untitled

"…By the way, this model is actually a trophy. Diorama style. The Orbital Gate Assault stage actually took a whole year to complete."

Untitled

One whole year?!?!?!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

jariw

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

One whole year?!?!?!

Why wouldn't it? It's designing the stage (both visually and the transitions), models, texture, lighting, which is just the first step. Then it's testing/tweaking/retesting that all characters/moves/items/etc work as expected on the stage.

jariw

Faruko

brewsky wrote:

Classic just seems to be harder in this version. Not to mention that Master Fortress is an absolute *****.

But then again, you have to be playing on 8.0 or higher just to fight the damn thing, so of course it has to be hard. I will beat you eventually!

the whole game is harder, lvl9 CPU on 3DS is nothing compared to the WiiU version (i even find that lvl 9 CPU has been a better challenge than 90% of my "for glory" matches lol)

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

jariw

Faruko wrote:

brewsky wrote:

the whole game is harder, lvl9 CPU on 3DS is nothing compared to the WiiU version (i even find that lvl 9 CPU has been a better challenge than 90% of my "for glory" matches lol)

I read something on NeoGAF that level 8 CPU on the 3DS roughly equals level 6 CPU on the Wii U. Is that your impression as well?

jariw

Azooooz

Gamespot gave this game a 9 out of 10, with the only negative is it's spotty online performance.

I hate to say it, but I agree with them about online match performance.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Faruko

jariw wrote:

Faruko wrote:

brewsky wrote:

I read something on NeoGAF that level 8 CPU on the 3DS roughly equals level 6 CPU on the Wii U. Is that your impression as well?

Never tried Lvl6 tobe fair, but on my least played characters i deff had to reduce the difficulty to 7 and sometimes i still got my ass kicked, on my mains i do play lvl9 CPU

And yes, nothing compares to human level, and i have got my ass kicked by some random X but so do i and i still find a lot of them were weaker than lvl9 CPU (lag might have todo something there, some of them were especially slow on some timings, which werent that hard to begin with)

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic