Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,081 to 19,100 of 27,917

rallydefault

It feels a lot like the Gamecube Smash, and for that, I am thankful! I'm having an absolute blast. I just wish everyone wasn't sold out of the GC adapter

rallydefault

NintendoFan64

I'm so far enjoying this a lot more than the 3DS version. Heck, the online is actually less laggy. There is SOME lag from time to time, but I don't have the Wii LAN adapter plugged in, so I'm gonna have to do that eventually. Though I am a little dissapointed that you can't use stages you made in stage builder in 8-Player Smash, even if it's big.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

SammytheSaiyan

I just got this today and I am loving it! I tried Smash Tour, I've brawled in Smash Mode for hours, I explored some of the Events and other extra modes... it's all good fun! My main is Pac-Man, as he is on the 3DS version. I love this game, and it was definitely worth the wait. My only true complaint is the Stage Builder mode; it's really not all it could've been like Brawl. Fantastic job on the game, Nintendo! It'll be pretty hard to surpass this next time around... am I the only one who's thought of that?

Recently I've been playing Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD, Link's Awakening, and Luigi's Mansion 3. Also replaying Rayman Legends and trying to get better at Smash Ultimate

TeeJay

SammytheSaiyan wrote:

It'll be pretty hard to surpass this next time around... am I the only one who's thought of that?

Nope. I think about that all the time actually

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

SammytheSaiyan

NintendoFan64 wrote:

I'm so far enjoying this a lot more than the 3DS version. Heck, the online is actually less laggy. There is SOME lag from time to time, but I don't have the Wii LAN adapter plugged in, so I'm gonna have to do that eventually. Though I am a little dissapointed that you can't use stages you made in stage builder in 8-Player Smash, even if it's big.

The Wii U version is superb and definitely superior to the 3DS version, but the 3DS version is great for portable play. The Wii U version is definitely the meatiness I'd expect from a Wii U game, and the 3DS version is defintiely the bite-sized fun I'd expect from a 3DS game. It all works out and is relative.

Edited on by SammytheSaiyan

Recently I've been playing Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD, Link's Awakening, and Luigi's Mansion 3. Also replaying Rayman Legends and trying to get better at Smash Ultimate

SammytheSaiyan

TeeJay wrote:

SammytheSaiyan wrote:

It'll be pretty hard to surpass this next time around... am I the only one who's thought of that?

Yeah. It gets harder to imagine every time. Just like how I can't imagine how the Xbox One and PS4 will be significantly surpassed specs-wise next time around. Notice how I said significantly.

Faruko

Im LOVING the challenge/Event stuff, seriously i love it !

hope they continue to release more events or maybe even an event like Fifa does on a weekly basis, that would be so cool

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Faruko

SammytheSaiyan wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

SammytheSaiyan wrote:

Yeah. It gets harder to imagine every time. Just like how I can't imagine how the Xbox One and PS4 will be significantly surpassed specs-wise next time around. Notice how I said significantly.

the PS4 and the XB1 have been already surpassed significantly by the new GPUs, hell they werent even high-end when they were released (mid/high for the PS4, mid for the XB1, and do not let me start on the CPU )

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

CapeSmash

Just walked out of GameStop with the Smash Wii U GC controller!

But...

No adapter.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Uncle_Franklin

So I'm thinking of getting a Japanese Wii U. I'm not expecting to be able to play Zelda on it, but do you guys think Smash would be ok to navigate through in a language you don't know?

Uncle_Franklin

Iggly

@Franklin Smash shouldn't be too hard to navigate in Japanese to be honest, most buttons are big and they have some small pictures in them that represent what they are. The only thing I'd worry about is trying to complete the Challenges in Japanese since you wouldn't really know what to do unless you look up the Challenges online.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Uncle_Franklin

Iggly wrote:

@Franklin Smash shouldn't be too hard to navigate in Japanese to be honest, most buttons are big and they have some small pictures in them that represent what they are. The only thing I'd worry about is trying to complete the Challenges in Japanese since you wouldn't really know what to do unless you look up the Challenges online.

Hmm, yes, and the Events could be tricky, but I suppose I could look it up. Thanks.

Uncle_Franklin

Joeynator3000

Recorded a massive chaotic battle for Youtube, dunno when it'll be uploaded...but I'll post it where when it's finished. If you love mindless long chaotic battles then you'll enjoy it. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Jaz007

Does anyone else feel the graphics for the game are a bit disappointing? I understand it's not a PS4 game, but after playing those games the level of detail can't help but feel a bit dissapointing, and I think the Wii U would be capable of at least a bit more too. Don't get me wrong, they at by no means bad, and this is a small complaint, but I can't help but feel a bit dissapointed at them in a release of this size.

Jaz007

Blast

Jaz007 wrote:

Does anyone else feel the graphics for the game are a bit disappointing? I understand it's not a PS4 game, but after playing those games the level of detail can't help but feel a bit dissapointing, and I think the Wii U would be capable of at least a bit more too. Don't get me wrong, they at by no means bad, and this is a small complaint, but I can't help but feel a bit dissapointed at them in a release of this size.

This game is very pretty... What more do you want to see? Sweat from the characters? Lol jeez.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Jaz007

Blast wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

This game is very pretty... What more do you want to see? Sweat from the characters? Lol jeez.

I just can't help but look at some of the characters, and notice a lack of detail in clothing, hair, and whatnot.

Jaz007

Knux

Blast wrote:

I need to see King Dedede sweat in HD...now!!

Knux

Joeynator3000

Not everything is perfect...still looks like the best Wii U game to date.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

veeflames

Jaz007 wrote:

I haven't played the game, but given what I've seen in gameplay videos it looks very clean and detailed. I'm not expecting that extreme detailedness from Mario Kart 8 and 3D World, but I JUST WANT TO PLAY SMASH......

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

19Robb92

Considering the game is able to run with eight players playing at the same time with items, pokemons, assist trophies and stage hazards happening as well without any slowdown, I'd say the game looks pretty darn good.

If they would have toned it down it would have been able to look a lot better, of course. But it would have been less chaotic.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic