Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,061 to 19,080 of 27,917

yokokazuo

So have you guys been able to train your amiibo to use custom moves? I recently got Link's strong custom now (long charge, but really powerful when fully charged) and my level 20 amiibo wouldn't charge it so the arrow just dropped. Even after 5 levels too.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

NintendoFan64

Transferred all my Miis, and it seems like the limit for Miis is 25, meaning I'm probably not going to be making any more Mii characters.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Joeynator3000

....Of course I can't get used to normal controls anymore after playing the 3DS version, gotta use X and Y for grabs and shields. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

UGXwolf

UGXwolf wrote:

I'm loving this, so far, but I do need to vent about one thing... MASTER HAND Y U SO CHEAP?!?!? Seriously, I was doing a classic run with Ike. Got to Master Fortress, but i lost a couple times, so this was on either 8.0 or 7.5. I was fighting when Crazy Hand used the drill point move, licking me in place while Master hand hovered menacingly over me. Before the move was over, he grabbed me, crushed me, then setting my sleeping soon-to-be corpse on the ground under then hovering gaze of Crazy Hand. Before I could wake up, Crazy Hand grabbed me, crushed me again, and buried me, both literally and metaphorically because before he finished, Master Hand started laying out the cards of my fate and they spelled doom as they sent my buried corpse to heaven. Again, both literally and metaphorically.

I had another stock, but it simply wasn't enough. I got really pissed, threw my control and vowed to take my revenge on a less bs day.

Sorry for attention whiting, but I think this is hilarious and more people should see it (and laugh at my pain).

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DreamyViridi

Ah yes, the infamous Bury Card Combo. Never happened to me but I've seen a couple of people talk about it.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Ploppins

I have only one gripe with the game... How come you can't use a 3DS to play solo or coop modes??? I don't understand why they wouldn't allow that...

PSN/NNID: Ploppins_
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1169-2298

MasterWario

DK Rap in confirmed in! Unlocked it by doing Trophy Rush with DK! Also it seems you get a lot of the stages from event matches, in case anyone was wondering.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

jariw

rjejr wrote:

Anybody else having difficulty in stage builder? It seems sort of simple at 1st glance but intuitive it is not. Just getting edges to be grabbable has turned into an ordeal. And SSB w/o grabbale ledges isn't SSB.

Perhaps you need to create straight-line corners to get a grabbable edge corner, like in this video at about 1:30? (We don't get Smash in Europe until a week from now, so I can't check.)

jariw

MsJubilee

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I played online against one guy one guy! and lost 23 times in a row. >.> Only won one game. At least I unlocked two characters.

You do know your losses are counted right?But if you lost that many times in row,i would advise training and then play online again when you get some more skill,cause oh my god that's too many times to lose but i hope you're exaggerating.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MasterWario

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I played online against one guy one guy! and lost 23 times in a row. >.> Only won one game. At least I unlocked two characters.

Always quit after 2 loses, and just select 1-on-1 (or whatever it was) again. You need to fight someone else at that point.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My Pushmo Levels

Retro_on_theGo

midnafanboy wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

You do know your losses are counted right?But if you lost that many times in row,i would advise training and then play online again when you get some more skill,cause oh my god that's too many times to lose but i hope you're exaggerating.

I'm aware. I don't care about my win ratio, I never look at it. I've been practicing to get better. Maining Megaman and JIGGS. I'm just waiting on my adapter, I think a big part of it is how uncomfortable the Gamepad is for me. I just really need to practice fast falling and short hops.

MasterWario

RogueBologna wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Always quit after 2 loses, and just select 1-on-1 (or whatever it was) again. You need to fight someone else at that point.

That's a bad additude to have. If someone is far better than you, you'll probably learn a lot from playing them. Yesterday I also lost to a guy 18/20 games but i did better each match and it's more fun than only playing people you can beat.

Anyone who crushes me usually does so because they can combo too well or have grasp of a strat that I care not to learn. Also I go on tilt, at least when playing 1-on-1, so its better for me honestly. If I'm well matched with someone I may stay longer, but otherwise its not worth my frustration.

My Pushmo Levels

DreamyViridi

I generally dislike losing but they make for a good experience if the opponent wasn't cheap. Whenever I do 1-on-1 matches, I occasionally play against some who doesn't let up, which is a turn-off if they never change characters. Other times, win or lose; I have a really great time; albeit that's a bit rare.

A rule I sometimes follow is to start a match by taunting (or play it safe and stay still for a bit then taunt). If the opponent taunts back (or does a silly gesture), I have a good time regardless since I feel we both understand that it's all in good fun. Like Smash Etiquette or something.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Captain_Toad

DreamyViridi wrote:

I generally dislike losing but they make for a good experience if the opponent wasn't cheap. Whenever I do 1-on-1 matches, I occasionally play against some who doesn't let up, which is a turn-off if they never change characters. Other times, win or lose; I have a really great time; albeit that's a bit rare.

A rule I sometimes follow is to start a match by taunting (or play it safe and stay still for a bit then taunt). If the opponent taunts back (or does a silly gesture), I have a good time regardless since I feel we both understand that it's all in good fun. Like Smash Etiquette or something.

Hmmm, I should probably do that sometime.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

TeeJay

So what does anyone have to say about the amiibos? What are your experiences with them? I'm trying to soak up info about how they learn to battle but I find Youtube videos do a bad job of showing it.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

jariw

TeeJay wrote:

So what does anyone have to say about the amiibos? What are your experiences with them? I'm trying to soak up info about how they learn to battle but I find Youtube videos do a bad job of showing it.

I don't get Smash here until in a week, but I found the YouTube video from IGN with 8-player Smash and 8 amiibos interesting. The winner amiibo was trained by someone else than the rest, IIRC.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Captain_Toad

I talked to a streamer to request a battle against a lvl. 19 Samus amiibo, It pretty much won nearly every battle from 4 player free for alls and 2-2 team battles.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

triforcepower73

Ok picked it up today and from the hour I've played of it I can already say it's my favorite Smash! My GOTY 2014 definitely!

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

DBPirate

Just got the game and it is amazing for as much as I've played. Haven't got to try out all the stages but I did get to try out all of the Mario ones plus Jungle Hijinx, 75m, etc. Jungle Hijinx is really good as well as Mushroom Kingdom U. I have no complaints with the stages thus far. Classic was much better than I expected (I did the co-op version). I was really excited for the stage builder but I found the drawing mechanic to be a little restricted. For example, if you draw an "A" then the fighter might spawn inside the A which was kind of annoying. I've only unlocked Falco so far because I've been doing some other modes. I also got to try out the events which are really fun but I've only done the co-op ones so far. Overall, I still need to try out more but I'm really excited to continue and unlock all the trophies and music. (sorry for the length of the post)

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic