Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,041 to 19,060 of 27,917

Faruko

I really need a PRO/GC controller, i love the WiiUPad but it doesnt work that well

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Pootypie

I unlocked everybody except ROB and Dark Pit... for ROB you need to do 10 matches in crazy orders... I always get so close but then someone throws a freaking beetle at me which just instantly KOs me... how do you prevent the beetle?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

DreamyViridi

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

I unlocked everybody except ROB and Dark Pit... for ROB you need to do 10 matches in crazy orders... I always get so close but then someone throws a freaking beetle at me which just instantly KOs me... how do you prevent the beetle?

A couple of ways. Obviously, you can reflect it but just attacking it will make it turn around as well and possibly hit whoever threw it. If hit hard enough, you'll just destroy it. If you get grabbed, all you can do is mash buttons and shake around to try and escape. If above 60% though, you most likely won't make it.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pootypie

DreamyViridi wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

A couple of ways. Obviously, you can reflect it but just attacking it will make it turn around as well and possibly hit whoever threw it. If hit hard enough, you'll just destroy it. If you get grabbed, all you can do is mash buttons and shake around to try and escape. If above 60% though, you most likely won't make it.

I got KOed at 7th match at 30%... mashing buttons and shaking... why did they even make this item??? It bugs me when it happens to me to things like this but not in normal matches, I don't mind that...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

NintyMan wrote:

What can I say? This game is fantastic. It puts the 3DS version to the dust. I'll still play that version when I'm away from home, but this Wii U version is just fantastic. Everything is greatly polished. The gameplay, music, graphics, character animations, trophies, modes; everything.

Yep it deserves 10/10, everything is beast.

Pootypie

Pootypie

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

What can I say? This game is fantastic. It puts the 3DS version to the dust. I'll still play that version when I'm away from home, but this Wii U version is just fantastic. Everything is greatly polished. The gameplay, music, graphics, character animations, trophies, modes; everything.

Yep it deserves 10/10, everything is beast.

besides the beetle

Pootypie

Faruko

Need some help guys, i bought the game without the GCN controller, onyl to find out that the gamepad its subpar for it

So i decided ok, im going to buy a controller to play smash, and cant decided if i should go for the wiiu pro controller or this HORI gamepad GC-like (http://stores.horiusa.com/battle-pad-luigi-for-nintendo-wii-u-wii/)

So...its the Pro Controller any good for smash or should i go fo the GC-HORI one ? I dont really care to use the pro controller for other things since i love the GamePad (except for smash ), this would be exclusive for Smash (Ok, IT IS a nice perk to be able to use any other game with the pro controller)

Edited on by Faruko

Pootypie

Faruko wrote:

Need some help guys, i bought the game without the GCN controller, onyl to find out that the gamepad its subpar for it

So i decided ok, im going to buy a controller to play smash, and cant decided if i should go for the wiiu pro controller or this HORI gamepad GC-like (http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Battle-Mario-Version-Turbo-u/dp/B00ND0E5ZU)

So...its the Pro Controller any good for smash or should i go fo the GC-HORI one ? I dont really care to use the pro controller for other things since i love the GamePad (except for smash ), this would be exclusive for Smash (Ok, IT IS a nice perk to be able to use any other game with the pro controller)

Probably just go for the cheaper one

Pootypie

CanisWolfred

I'm sure this has been asked before, but does anyone know if there will be more Gamecube Adapters available? Every Gamestop and Best Buy employee I've talked to has said it's "pre-order only", but I don't recall Nintendo saying anything about that being a limited item, and I can't find anything from a quick Google search saying either way.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

Best Buy has some online

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Faruko

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm sure this has been asked before, but does anyone know if there will be more Gamecube Adapters available? Every Gamestop and Best Buy employee I've talked to has said it's "pre-order only", but I don't recall Nintendo saying anything about that being a limited item, and I can't find anything from a quick Google search saying either way.

Here the store which had them said they will be getting more, not sure if it will be fore eternity, but they did said "dont worry, we will have more in the upcoming weeks"

That could mean either
A) Yes, they will send more
B) Its the stock that hasnt arrived yet

Edited on by Faruko

rjejr

CanisWolfred wrote:

No way the adapter is pre-order only. It's a cheap little piece of plastic that sells for $20 and SSBU will be selling for years, and 8 player seals the deal that many people will want to pick up at least 1 of these, maybe 2. Maybe the initial shipment was pre-order only, or maybe all the BS and BB employees bought them for themselves, but the EU and Japan still haven't gotten SSBU yet, so maybe Nitneod is spreading them around at first and bundling them. But I'd be absolutely shocked if more of these didn't show up soon. SSBU doesn't even have tournaments patched in yet, anybody hosting a tournament will want an adapter.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

rjejr

Anybody else having difficulty in stage builder? It seems sort of simple at 1st glance but intuitive it is not. Just getting edges to be grabbable has turned into an ordeal. And SSB w/o grabbale ledges isn't SSB. And what happened to the spikes? And magma has way too much weight, add a little and your level is full.

Still an improvement over Brawl but it's nowhere near where LBP was 6 years ago in 2008. I know the game is about fighting and stage building is an after-thought but it seems to offer so much promise but then it stops you in your tracks.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

LzWinky

Well every store could be sold out since all their stock was preordered. You may just have to wait a while

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Drobotic

WaLzgi wrote:

Well every store could be sold out since all their stock was preordered. You may just have to wait a while

I checked the Gamestops in my area and they are still in stock.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

UGXwolf

I'm loving this, so far, but I do need to vent about one thing... MASTER HAND Y U SO CHEAP?!?!? Seriously, I was doing a classic run with Ike. Got to Master Fortress, but i lost a couple times, so this was on either 8.0 or 7.5. I was fighting when Crazy Hand used the drill point move, licking me in place while Master hand hovered menacingly over me. Before the move was over, he grabbed me, crushed me, then setting my sleeping soon-to-be corpse on the ground under then hovering gaze of Crazy Hand. Before I could wake up, Crazy Hand grabbed me, crushed me again, and buried me, both literally and metaphorically because before he finished, Master Hand started laying out the cards of my fate and they spelled doom as they sent my buried corpse to heaven. Again, both literally and metaphorically.

I had another stock, but it simply wasn't enough. I got really pissed, threw my control and vowed to take my revenge on a less bs day.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Knux

My copy shipped from Amazon this morning, and should be here by Wednesday (which is sooner than I expected). The bad news is that my Yoshi amiibo has been delayed and wil be shipped during the next business day. Oh well, at least I'm getting the more important part sooner.

Knux

Justlink

Tournament at my local Gamestop today. I'm excited! Hoping not many people show up. It is a small town.

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic