Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,021 to 19,040 of 27,917

LzWinky

10/10 reviews aren't just handed out. You have to pay for them

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Knux

WaLzgi wrote:

With Doritos.

Knux

Crimzonlogic

WaLzgi wrote:

I'm not complaining that it's not a 10, by the way. It just bothers me that they have .8 scores for some reason. It seems so...Random.

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Retro_on_theGo

THIS GAME IS SO AMAZING!!!

BUT!
Gamestop employee was wrong and they didn't have the adapter all day. I went back just a couple a minutes ago to see and nothing. >_> I just ordered it from their site, gonna have to wait a week. Let me emphasize I FREAKING HATE the gamepad so this really sucks, but oh well. At least I can play.

luisesteban

Few hours ago, I set up with some friends, and play it the 8 players option, is pure madness.

luisesteban

Crimzonlogic

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Eventually I just dropped out of a match, which resulted in a 10 minute ban. WHAT. Doing it ONCE results in a 10 minute ban..

That is too harsh. I'm worried about playing online now. I'd understand if doing it two or more times within a set period of time or doing it multiple times a day gave a short ban, but once?

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Drobotic

Hey,is anyone else having a problem with the Wii U version messing up custom controls for when you play with the 3DS as a controller?I was at a friend's house playing the game and I kept losing because my shield and grab buttons were set to L and R,which don't work on my 3DS(which is why I put on custom controls in the first place).

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

Jaz007

I just played classic for the first time, that master hand and crazy hand battle is terrible, having both of them there is stupid, there's no effective way to avoid damage it feels like. I had to try it a few times. You're also in a bad position if you have a slow character, as the idea of not playing the fastest didn't seem considered in that battle. It might be that I only played it once and I'm angry at it right now, but initial impressions in that battle are terrible, though otherwise the game is great so far though. Though that battle could really mess up classic mode...

Jaz007

Retro_on_theGo

Jaz007 wrote:

I just played classic for the first time, that master hand and crazy hand battle is terrible, having both of them there is stupid, there's no effective way to avoid damage it feels like. I had to try it a few times. You're also in a bad position if you have a slow character, as the idea of not playing the fastest didn't seem considered in that battle. It might be that I only played it once and I'm angry at it right now, but initial impressions in that battle are terrible, though otherwise the game is great so far though. Though that battle could really mess up classic mode...

Huh, I never found it that hard.

Jaz007

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Huh, I never found it that hard.

As I said, I might just be ranting after getting frustrated lol.

Jaz007

KryptoniteKrunch

Jaz007 wrote:

It gets easier once you get used to their attacks. Once you know their patterns, it becomes much easier to dodge in time. Especially if you're playing as a character you're good with.

Edited on by KryptoniteKrunch

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Jaz007

KryptoKrunch wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

It get easier once you get used to their attacks. Once you now their patterns, it becomes much easier to dodge in time. Especially if you're playing as a character you're good with.

Yeah, I played is a second time with Robin and it wasn't as bad. I still don't like the battle or having you fight too as it makes it feel too chaotic, but it's as bad now as my angry rant made it out to be.

Jaz007

CapeSmash

I like the new Classic mode. I love EVERYTHING about this game.

SuperMalleo wrote:

Oh well, i will play Melee for the time being then.

Excellent choice. Nice icon btw.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Jaz007

So I really like Robin so far. I think he might be new favorite. I really like down B'eing above people. I'm not quite sure how he works yet either, but I'll figure it out.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Gridatttack

Tested online and its amazing. At first we had input lag. But after some time, the input lag was in the order of miliseconds and we could play fine.
I was on a 2mb wifi connection.

We ten tested on stage with moving stuff and nope, minimum lag as always

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

jariw

Crimzonlogic wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

I'm not complaining that it's not a 10, by the way. It just bothers me that they have .8 scores for some reason. It seems so...Random.

Read IGN's review. I don't think it's random. Some sites/magazines use a 100-level scale. ONM used it, for example.
In IGN's case, it's more random that some of their reviewers don't use the scale.

jariw

jariw

Drobotic wrote:

Hey,is anyone else having a problem with the Wii U version messing up custom controls for when you play with the 3DS as a controller?I was at a friend's house playing the game and I kept losing because my shield and grab buttons were set to L and R,which don't work on my 3DS(which is why I put on custom controls in the first place).

Perhaps the custom controls are set up separately in the Wii U version even for the 3DS, just as it does with the rest of the controls?

jariw

outburst

So can you map movements in the dPad on the Wii U Pro?

outburst

MasterWario

Drobotic wrote:

Perhaps you have to bind your controls to a name? (Yes, even if you're using a 3ds)

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic