Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,901 to 18,920 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

"Pic of the day. You'll need to link the 3DS version to the Wii U version to get them to work together. Luckily, this is easy. On the 3DS version, you simply select the Wii U option, and select the 3DS option on the Wii U version."
Untitled
"This is what the screen looks like on the 3DS version when you link it with the Wii U version. We included this hoping that it might work as a remedy when you don't have enough controllers."
Untitled

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

10 hours!!! Oh my god

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

CaviarMeths

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

10 hours!!! Oh my god

Did I miss a beat, or is Smash releasing this afternoon at 4:30?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Pootypie

SpookyMeths wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

10 hours!!! Oh my god

How am I supposed to know where you live...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

CaviarMeths

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

10 hours!!! Oh my god

The game doesn't release until midnight EST, regardless of where I live.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

jariw

SpookyMeths wrote:

Nintendo World Store sells it from 9PM tonight.

jariw

LzWinky

Randomname19 wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

The long-awaited explanation has surfaced; Sakurai on why Ridley is not playable in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U:

“I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated name for fans, but if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer. It’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely.”

“Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to. If I don’t stick to that thought, then we’d have to lower the quality or break the balance of the game. Something that goes way off spec could break the entire game.”

“Instead of going through a lot of very convoluted hocus-pocus to make Ridley a fighter, I figured it’d be better to keep Ridley as it currently is, the correct way, and have it feel like a truly threatening presence. There are other icons, too, like Metal Face and the Yellow Devil, which help effectively portray each of their world settings. They go a long way toward deepening the game world, and I think it’s been fun to experiment with.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/19/why-ridley-isnt-playab...

Sakurai forgets of NES Ridley,he could only fly for a limited time like Pit in Brawl and was smaller.Sakurai could have kept Wii Ridley as the stage hazard of Pyrosphere and made NES Ridley playable.His Smash Bros name could have been Classic Ridley.

Can I ask Ridley fans an important question? Do you REALLY want Ridley to look like his NES version in a more modern setting? Don't you all think that he might look a little...stupid?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CaviarMeths

jariw wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Even then, that's not for another 13 hours.

LzWinky

I always seem to work on big release days. Curse you necessary income! >:[

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

jariw

SpookyMeths wrote:

jariw wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Even then, that's not for another 13 hours.

13 hours is nothing. I have over a week left over here.

jariw

Randomname19

WaLzgi wrote:

Can I ask Ridley fans an important question? Do you REALLY want Ridley to look like his NES version in a more modern setting? Don't you all think that he might look a little...stupid?

No,because he looks the same as Brawl Ridley,except smaller.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Pootypie

SpookyMeths wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

10 hours!!! Oh my god

I'm a bit confused with the time, some sites say the game releases in 8 hours 30 minutes

Pootypie

Late

Mewtwo is now confirmed to be purchasable. NoE twitter: Mewtwo will be available to purchase later in #SmashBros, for those who don't register both versions.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

crimsoncavalier

SpookyMeths wrote:

No console is ever worth buying for one game. Thankfully, the Wii U has about 10 or 20 worth buying right now.

I disagree. One game is worth it, if it will give you an opening for other games. I bought my 360 for Oblivion only. I bought my Wii U for MK8. I bought a PSOne for FF VII. Once you buy it, you end up getting other games, of course, but in my opinion, there is such a thing as a system-selling game.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

Who's going to miss the speculation and hype that has kept this huge thread going for three years?

Don't worry. This and other SSB U threads around the 'net will be kept alive by speculations about DLCs that will not appear.

jariw

UGXwolf

@Randomname19 Except NES Ridley was a fluke. He was only that size due to hardware limitations. They've made quite clear that Ridley IS a massive character ever since Super Metroid. It's funny how close what Salurai said is to the reasons I suggested for not adding Ridley. He makes so much more sense as a boss.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

vonboy89

So, are we about 10 hours away, now? It's almost 1pm. Is it 11pm central time, or 1am?

So,but no matter how many times i look it up, or check it out, i just ca't remembr or deal with this timezone stuff.

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

MasterWario

NintyMan wrote:

Who's going to miss the speculation and hype that has kept this huge thread going for three years?

I will, since its the only thread I care to visit that still has people posting.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

cookiex

I've been invited to play Smash Wii U over at my brother's friend's house next Saturday (day after EU launch). He didn't know about the GC adapter when we told it about him though (hopefully we've coaxed him into buying it now).

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic