Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,881 to 18,900 of 27,917

MegaStoneSmash91

I went to Gamestop today, and the employee currently working let me take a peek at some amiibos. He said I could choose just 2 look at. I decided on Marth, since I wanted to see his face, and Link just for the heck of it. I was pleasantly surprised, as Marth's face is nowhere near as bad as in the pic where he has no mouth. It isn't the e3 preview version of the figure by any means, but it still looked really nice. The gold trim on his clothing looked great, as did his cape and boots. Overall I was quite pleased with him. Link looked good too, and the level of detail on him is excellent. His Hylian Shield looked pretty nice and the paint job was good as well. The dreaded yellow plastic support holding up his leg isn't as ugly as it is in the pictures, and after seeing it in person it doesn't really bother me. I'm more excited for amiibos than ever, and I can safely say their quality hasn't decreased as much as the more recent pictures of them would have you believe.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Crimzonlogic

@MegaStoneSmash91
This is good to hear. That ugly Marth probably was just a fluke that somehow passed quality control...Or it got melted somehow.

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Uncle_Franklin

I don't know why people seem to think Sakurai made the game on his own, he even had another company in there working on it with him.

The game mostly sounds good, but I'm still not certain it's worth buying a Wii U for. Need to read some more reviews over the next week.

Uncle_Franklin

CaviarMeths

Franklin wrote:

I don't know why people seem to think Sakurai made the game on his own, he even had another company in there working on it with him.

The game mostly sounds good, but I'm still not certain it's worth buying a Wii U for. Need to read some more reviews over the next week.

No console is ever worth buying for one game. Thankfully, the Wii U has about 10 or 20 worth buying right now.

But it sounds more like you're looking for a reason to not buy it anyway, like you don't want Smash and you hope reviews will validate your opinion.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

New_3DaSh_XL

SpookyMeths wrote:

No console is ever worth buying for one game.

I would like to say that this isn't true, and there are games I would buy an entire system just to play. Even if that's the only game I play on that system. Not many, mind you, but there are some (...and Smash Wii U would be one of them if I didn't already own a Wii U and many other great games were out for the system).

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

SparkOfSpirit

My copy shipped from amazon. I should have it on Friday! Can't wait!

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

CanisWolfred

I buy every console for just one game, so long as I can trust it'll last for more than 2 years, and therefore will have more than one good game eventually.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CapeSmash

CanisWolfred wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

SERIOUS IMPORTANT URGENT QUESTION FOR USA PEOPLE:

Will the GameCube SSB4 bundle be available in stores? Thanx.

I thought it was, but it seems to be a litmited edition thing. Good luck getting it anywhere now.

Well, looks like I'm ****ed.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

CanisWolfred

Try calling Best Buy or Gamestop if you have either one the day of release. They might have an extra one if you're lucky. Other than that, yeah, you're screwed...and I am, too. I completely forgot I was supposed to pre-order that. Got the release date confused with Captain Toad.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

You should have preordered it

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CapeSmash

Of course, I can buy the game, adapter, and controller separately. But that's $10 more than the bundle. Ugh...

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

LzWinky

Gamestop still lists it as available. If you want one, you are going to need to preorder it. Otherwise you are not guaranteed one, but maybe you will get lucky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

I don't think so...but I think you can preorder online and have it ready at a store

Edited on by LzWinky

CanisWolfred

WaLzgi wrote:

I don't think so...but I think you can preorder online and have it ready at a store

I tried it earlier, it said it wasn't available for Store pick up. But I'll check again, their site's been weird lately...

EDIT: Yeah, no free shipping (it'd cost me $5 more...) and there's no pick up at store, according to what it says in my cart and on its page...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MegaStoneSmash91

I made sure to pre-order the bundle right after I found out it existed. I knew I was getting everything it contained anyway, plus I save 10 bucks and get a neat box. It's a win-win-win-win-win scenario (that's a win each for the game, adapter, controller, $10 discount, and the box that contains it all except for the discount).

Bring it on, Friday!

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Randomname19

NintyMan wrote:

The long-awaited explanation has surfaced; Sakurai on why Ridley is not playable in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U:

“I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated name for fans, but if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer. It’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely.”

“Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to. If I don’t stick to that thought, then we’d have to lower the quality or break the balance of the game. Something that goes way off spec could break the entire game.”

“Instead of going through a lot of very convoluted hocus-pocus to make Ridley a fighter, I figured it’d be better to keep Ridley as it currently is, the correct way, and have it feel like a truly threatening presence. There are other icons, too, like Metal Face and the Yellow Devil, which help effectively portray each of their world settings. They go a long way toward deepening the game world, and I think it’s been fun to experiment with.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/19/why-ridley-isnt-playab...

Sakurai forgets of NES Ridley,he could only fly for a limited time like Pit in Brawl and was smaller.Sakurai could have kept Wii Ridley as the stage hazard of Pyrosphere and made NES Ridley playable.His Smash Bros name could have been Classic Ridley.

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

CaviarMeths

Going to buy my 3rd copy tomorrow morning. More people in my family require this glory.

Also, this is neat to see:

Untitled

Been like that for a few weeks now, and there's still 4 amiibos in the top 20.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic