Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,801 to 18,820 of 27,917

Pootypie

SockoMario wrote:

I wake up, and there's a new Smash update.

Life is kinda cool sometimes.

Did we just hear a compliment from SockoMario?!?!?!?!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

DreamyViridi

Hmmm...
I think I'm getting repeating matches in Spectate right now. Must be because of the new update that there aren't many replays to show, I guess.
...That's weird... I won a Bonus Chance in Spectate and got Standard 4 for ZSS. Wat?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pootypie

DreamyViridi wrote:

Hmmm...
I think I'm getting repeating matches in Spectate right now. Must be because of the new update that there aren't many replays to show, I guess.
...That's weird... I won a Bonus Chance in Spectate and got Standard 4 for ZSS. Wat?

Standard 4? Huh?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MasterWario

DreamyViridi wrote:

Have you looked into it at all?

I'm glad Olimar got buffed. I know he can be extremely annoying to vs against, but he's one of my favorite characters and nobody uses him. Makes me feel kinda special.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

DreamyViridi

@MasterWario - Well, that oddity I had earlier doesn't seem to have affected anything. I have 376 Special Moves going by my Stats which I think is the max; and ZSS still has 3 Standard Specials, none of them changed. Also, the icon didn't say that the Custom Move was "New" or anything; maybe it was a duplicate Custom named something else? Dunno, just a shame I couldn't take a picture due to the online timer...

I'm happy that Olimar seems to have been buffed at least a bit, I feel he needed it.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MasterWario

Not sure Shulk really needed those buffs. Oh well, it doesn't change that much anyway.

Its nice to know the game doesn't delete your replays (unless you want it to), so if you somehow get access to a previous version you can see them again. I'd be curious to see if someone ever hacks the game (probably not for a long time) so the 3ds can play those replays. There's likely something in the new patch that just marks off any replays saved in an earlier version. I get that it'll be different but I'd be curious to see just how different.

@DreamyViridi I figured it was just a bug of sorts.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My Pushmo Levels

NintendoFan64

Okay, so Olimar got buffed, apparently. Think I'll go try him again today.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

Ganondorf, Ike, Shulk, and Link all got buffed, and the nerds on Little Mac, Yoshi, and Pac-man are far from devastating. I'm happy with these results.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

NintendoFan64

Guys, my game didn't download the update. I need help.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

MsJubilee

UGXwolf wrote:

Ganondorf, Ike, Shulk, and Link all got buffed, and the nerds on Little Mac, Yoshi, and Pac-man are far from devastating. I'm happy with these results.

I'm also happy with this result especially the Ike buff.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Spoony_Tech

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Guys, I can't get my game to download the update. I need help.

Are you saying you have the game early? If so the update might not be live till midnight 2 days from now.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Mikes

As far as I've heard, Ike and Shulk have gotten some upgrades. Hearing that makes me pretty happy! I hope Ike's F-Air is a bit faster.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

MsJubilee

Spoony_Tech wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Guys, I can't get my game to download the update. I need help.

Are you saying you have the game early? If so the update might not be live till midnight 2 days from now.

I think he means the new update for the 3ds versions of smash.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Spoony_Tech

That's what I thought but you know he's in the wrong thread.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Action4jackson

Can I add some of you guys on the Wii U?

fc: 2148-8408-0661 ID:gamer 4047 Get ready to smash

3DS Friend Code: 2148-8408-0661 | Nintendo Network ID: gamer4047

NintendoFan64

Got the update problem fixed.

MasterWario

What does FP for the amiibo characters actually stand for?

EDIT: Thanks!

Edited on by MasterWario

My Pushmo Levels

LzWinky

Figure player

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CapeSmash

These challenges are pretty, well... challenging! Definitely a lot more difficult than the 3DS challenges.

Clear the true Solo All-Star mode on hard while playing as Duck Hunt.
Clear the true Solo All-Star mode within 6 minutes while playing as Shulk.
Clear the true All-Star mode on normal difficulty or higher without using healing items.
Get a chain of at least 100 in Trophy Rush without taking any damage while playing alone and as Samus.
Clear the true Solo All-Star mode on hard while playing as Ike.
Play Solo Cruel Smash as Luigi and survive for 1 minute.
Clear the true All-Star mode on hard difficulty.
Clear Classic at intensity 8.0 with 2 or more characters.
Clear Solo Classic at intensity 5.5 or higher, playing as Wario without any customizations.
Clear Solo Classic on intensity 5.5 or higher while playing as Kirby.
Hit Sandbag between 1640 and 1656 ft. in Home-Run Contest.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic