Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,621 to 18,640 of 27,917

UGXwolf

Palutena and Ike could use buffs, while I think they may have buffed Yoshi a bit too much (doesn't mean I don't enjoy using him). And Rosalina has been in dire need of a nerf hammer on that insane survivability.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DreamyViridi

I agree completely. I think the balance in this game is the best that Smash ever had so far. Even the "OP" fighters aren't overkill from my experience. I keep hearing that Rosalina needs to be nerfed. Someone care to tell me how she should be dealt with? She's not that bad, is she?

Olimar could do with a buff. Don't know what exactly but I feel he should get something.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

retropunky

As with most folks here, I agree the balance is so much better. Even Meta Knight feels just right this time, but I stink with him

Just under a week to go now!

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

SparkOfSpirit

Luigi's moves need to hit harder, and Kirby needs less lag on his moves and more priority.

So far it seems like the best three in the game might be Rosalina, Sheik, and Zero Suit Samus as of now, but I don't know if that means nerfs. But Rosalina does take too long to KO compared to other characters her size.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Azooooz

I'll try the Wii U controllers first before I decide which controller should I stick with.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

MasterWario

Honestly the biggest issue with Olimar that I notice (and I'm not the best player ever) is that % gets too high before he KOs anybody. He needs to get 150% on people in most situations whereas Caption Falcon just has to side-b you at 95%. He gets outclassed by the fast characters who can KO at lower percents simply because they don't die as easy as he does.

That, and his smash attacks are projectiles. -________-
(Although, that may just be insanely annoying, not unbalanced)

@UGXwolf I feel like Palutena is slightly UP on purpose. I mean, she's got both a counter and a reflect; that's just ridiculous. If her smash attacks were any more reliable she'd be absolutely insane to vs.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

UGXwolf

@MasterWario But that's the problem. Too many of her attacks are utterly worthless. Counters and reflects are nice, but if she can't deal damage reliably on her own, she's always gonna struggle, even with a good player. As it stands, her smash attacks are unreliable AND unrewarding.

MasterWario

@UGXwolf They really should have made Auto-reticle and Reflect or Counter the alts, not the regulars. I agree with your point, but as long as she has Counter and Reflect at the same time, she shouldn't have reliable smash attacks as well. And I'm saying they might do tweaking, but I doubt they'll change the default moveset.

∴ Her smash attacks shouldn't change. Of course, its not up to me, but that's what I think.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

MsJubilee

UGXwolf wrote:

MasterWario But that's the problem. Too many of her attacks are utterly worthless. Counters and reflects are nice, but if she can't deal damage reliably on her own, she's always gonna struggle, even with a good player. As it stands, her smash attacks are unreliable AND unrewarding.

On top that she's slow as hell, the only attack that's great is her up smash, i love that move it has great range.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

UGXwolf

@MasterWario I agree that they most likely won't move around her specials, but honestly, reflect and counter are only so good. You have to rely on the opponent to not know what you're up to when they shoot/throw something and when they come in for an attack.

Grumblevolcano

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

Luigi's moves need to hit harder, and Kirby needs less lag on his moves and more priority.

So far it seems like the best three in the game might be Rosalina, Sheik, and Zero Suit Samus as of now, but I don't know if that means nerfs. But Rosalina does take too long to KO compared to other characters her size.

It's already been confirmed that the Wii U version (and hence almost certainly this month's 3DS patch will get it too) that Rosalina is getting nerfed.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

You wanna know what's I found out I could do as Captain Falcon that can be pretty cheap... So me and my brother decided to do team battles online (going to be much easier since we can communicate) and we made a lot of team tactics. First one is I'm Captain Falcon and he is whatever. When the opponent is high damage or good enough for knock out, my brother would grab him then I falcon punch him. I tried it and it works, and since we can communicate with each other it would be much easier to do teamwork!

It just pleases me how they made literally everything multiplayer.

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

triforcepower73

I can't believe it's already here. The week-long countdown. This is going to be a really long seven days.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

luisesteban

I'd have already downloaded it.....a long week of waiting!!!

luisesteban

CapeSmash

"PM 3.5 has completely killed any interest I had in Smash 4. I was actually surprised with how much I liked 4 and stopped playing PM and Melee entirely. That's gone now. I might not even buy the Wii U version. PM 3.5 is more of a new game than Smash 4 Wii U is."

Untitled

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

DefHalan

Who said that ^

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Edie

Sorry if this has already been asked but there are so many pages I can't look through them all. Does anyone have an idea when the third wave of Amiibo will be available for pre-order in the UK and Europe. On the Wiki it states a February 2015 release and they are listed on Amazon.com but not on Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.fr.

I don't want to miss out on Bowser or King Dedede.

Edie x

Edie

Nintendo6400

SockoMario wrote:

"PM 3.5 has completely killed any interest I had in Smash 4. I was actually surprised with how much I liked 4 and stopped playing PM and Melee entirely. That's gone now. I might not even buy the Wii U version. PM 3.5 is more of a new game than Smash 4 Wii U is."

Untitled

pm 3.5 does look impressive, but I'm still more hyped for smash wii u. However, Ganondorf and that all star mode do look fun and might have to try it out. Gannon seems more like Ganon in pm.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic