Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,521 to 18,540 of 27,917

TeeJay

Jazzer94 wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

Ohh my lord this is awesome a 10 yr old girl beats a "PRO" at a Smash Event....

Girls got skills but rolf at that being a pro or top level player he was average.

https://o.twimg.com/2/proxy.jpg?t=HBghaHR0cHM6Ly9pLmltZ3VyLmN...

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MsJubilee

Wow @TeeJay that link you posted made me wonder was this just some game?Hmm does mean she doesn't have skill so many questions left unanswered.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Crimzonlogic

Blast wrote:

So does a free amiibo come with the purchase of the game?

As far as I know, only if you preorder online on ToysRus' website (In the US). But they don't ship until the release date, so it might come a bit later.

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

UGXwolf

@TeeJay Note that it doesn't say they have to lose, though I sensed in the initial video that the other player was taking it easy. The little girl still isn't that bad. She moves Sheik better than I do. Then again, I can't use fast characters for the most part.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Uncle_Franklin

It has occurred to me that Ganondorf should have a projectile attack. This would make sense thematically (he uses projectiles against Link in Ocarina of Time), in terms of further differentiating the fighter from Captain Falcon, and in terms of making him a more competitive character.

I just played as Lucario against Ganondorf in a For Glory match, and I just felt bad for the other guy, there wasn't really anything he could do in the absence of a projectile attack against Lucario.

Also, I hope in the Wii U version you can send replays to a Friend, it seems to be a strange omission from the 3DS instalment (unless I've overlooked something).

Uncle_Franklin

CapeSmash

Franklin wrote:

Also, I hope in the Wii U version you can send replays to a Friend, it seems to be a strange omission from the 3DS instalment (unless I've overlooked something).

You can, but I don't think it's available at launch.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

LzWinky

Blast wrote:

So does a free amiibo come with the purchase of the game?

Only if you get a bundle through a retailer. Otherwise no

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

kereke12

I lost hope in Gamestop. The girl who played the vets was a hoax and they were paid $350 for 10 hrs.

Part Summery — The actors that participated were paid $350 for ten hours.
http://imgur.com/99STMYw

Edited on by kereke12

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

jariw

kereke12 wrote:

I lost hope in Gamestop. The girl who played the vets was a hoax and they were paid $350 for 10 hrs.

Do you think they were payed too little for this promotion gig? Or are you saying that everything else floating around on the 'net is what it says it is?

Edited on by jariw

jariw

UGXwolf

kereke12 wrote:

Late and unnecessary. TeeJay beat you to it, not to mention most of us don't really care. Seriously, just watching the video, you can tell that either these "pros" are going easy on her or they aren't really all that good. The girl is decent, but nothing special. All you have to do is realize that it's likely promotional and there's no need to get upset over it. Or maybe we should become morally outraged every time a company sets up a match for promotional reasons. (read: a lot)

Azooooz

Promotional or not, I have enjoyed watching the video.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Captain_Toad
Pic of the day. Playing Classic mode with two players means you can battle the Master-type opponents together…but your opponents will also be powered up. The foe in this picture is Master Beast.
Untitled

The Wii U version-exclusive Master Fortress is only available in single-player mode. You'll need to attack its heartlike cores.
Untitled
So much for me and by little nephew beating master fortress together. Heh, though figuring how much ragey he can get through difficult parts of games...I don't mind.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

MsJubilee

God it's almost here,the wait is killing me!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Yoshi_Prime

I'm still trying to play Fantasy Life, but this game is coming out in 11 days... and also the Mario Kart 8 DLC, and Pokemon OR/AS, and Captain Toad. There's not enough time in the day for all the goodness.

Yoshi_Prime

kereke12

jariw wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

Do you think they were payed too little for this promotion gig? Or are you saying that everything else floating around on the 'net is what it says it is?

I would say both....Gamespot said the samething......Its pretty sad that they did that.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

kereke12

UGXwolf wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

Late and unnecessary. TeeJay beat you to it, not to mention most of us don't really care. Seriously, just watching the video, you can tell that either these "pros" are going easy on her or they aren't really all that good. The girl is decent, but nothing special. All you have to do is realize that it's likely promotional and there's no need to get upset over it. Or maybe we should become morally outraged every time a company sets up a match for promotional reasons. (read: a lot)

OK MR.GRUMPY......I didn't know....plus you cant speak for everyone.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

kereke12

Captain_Toad wrote:

Pic of the day. Playing Classic mode with two players means you can battle the Master-type opponents together…but your opponents will also be powered up. The foe in this picture is Master Beast.
Untitled

The Wii U version-exclusive Master Fortress is only available in single-player mode. You'll need to attack its heartlike cores.
Untitled
So much for me and by little nephew beating master fortress together. Heh, though figuring how much ragey he can get through difficult parts of games...I don't mind.

IT LOOKS AMAZING

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

UGXwolf

@kereke12 Not grumpy, just mildly annoyed. It's fine if you don't agree with my opinion on this one, but I felt the need to throw it out there.

JunkosBoobies

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled
Yes! Brawl's Gangplank Galleon remix is in Kongo Jungle 64!

I just wanna see the DK Rap back... There's a song titled Kongo Jungle, so it could be unlikely, still though, Smash 3DS has the Kongo Jungle 64 music, so I still have hopes that the DK Rap is returning.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Captain_Toad

Smash Bros WiiU Commerical approaching.

This one highlights the 8-player smash in a oh-so glorious fashion.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic