Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,401 to 18,420 of 27,917

IceClimbers

@UGXwolf Chrom's gonna need a burn heal. Also, I love how Viridi jokes about the clone characters, specifically Dark Pit.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Joeynator3000

"You'll taste the bitterness of defeat!...After Robin gets...the...Smash Ball..."
That was awesome. lol

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

CapeSmash

Untitled

Of course, Nintendo is too stupid enough to do this because they hate money, want the Wii U to crash and burn, and go bankrupt.

"I hate money." — Reggie Films Anime

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

DefHalan

SockoMario wrote:

Untitled

Of course, Nintendo is too stupid enough to do this because they hate money, want the Wii U to crash and burn, and go bankrupt.

I was thinking, the only reason I can understand that they aren't doing this now is that they want Smash to run its course on Wii U to the point where it becomes profitable then make the Smash bundle the new Standard Bundle. (Maybe throw Mario Kart in as well for good measure) The only reason not to do that now is they can make more money off the people who can't/won't wait for the bundle and buy the game and system separately. Kinda a weak reason but it is just an idea.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

retropunky

So is the Magicant stage exclusive to the 3DS? I thought I read that somewhere...

I can't wait to see what other Mother items are added.

Two weeks left!

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

SparkOfSpirit

Shadow Man remix is boss! As are the Mega Man 2 and 3 medleys! I hope they have some tracks from 7-10 and the X series unlockable, though.

PKpunky wrote:

So is the Magicant stage exclusive to the 3DS? I thought I read that somewhere...

Two weeks left!

The Magicant themes are in Onett.

So either Mother is getting a new stage, or New Pork City or Fourside are returning.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

jariw

SockoMario wrote:

Untitled

SockoMario wrote:

SALES PREDICTIONS:
NOTE: if all of these predictions end up being wrong, you can all look back at this and laugh at me, or whatever.

1. 100,000 copies in US (launch weekend), and 40,000 in Japan
2. It will take 3 months for the game to sell 1,000,000 million
3. Captain Toad will outsell Smash Wii U by 2 million worldwide by March 2015
4. The game will flop
5. Gamecube Smash Wii U bundle sales: 30,000 worldwide by March 2015
6. 35% of the Wii U's install base will buy the game
7. If/when 3DS owners buy a Wii U that own Smash 3DS, 10% of them will buy Smash Wii U
8. The game will have 2 million lifetime sales
9. It won't "save" the Wii U
10. Only hardcore Smash fans will buy the game
BONUS: 11. Captain Toad will have 4 million lifetime sales.

Bottom line: My expectations are extreeeeemley low. If the game does well, I will be really shocked.

So: Nintendo is too stupid, and your predictions are spot on?

jariw

NintendoFan64

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

Shadow Man remix is boss! As are the Mega Man 2 and 3 medleys! I hope they have some tracks from 7-10 and the X series unlockable, though.

PKpunky wrote:

Two weeks left!

The Magicant themes are in Onett.

So either Mother is getting a new stage, or New Pork City or Fourside are returning.

OOH! Winters! No, wait, Saturn Valley! No, wait, Cave of the Past! Though I would gladly take Fourside.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

SparkOfSpirit

So I guess that means Rainbow Cruise, Mario Bros., Peach's Castle (Melee), Brinstar, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Mute City, Yoshi's Story, Green Greens, Magicant, WarioWare Inc., and Distant Planet aren't in the Wii U version.

Shame about Big Blue and the 3DS F-Zero and Mother stages, but I couldn't care less for the rest.

NintyMan wrote:

Duck Hunt stage:

It's not a walk-off! That makes me far more excited for it.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

CapeSmash

jariw wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

SALES PREDICTIONS:
NOTE: if all of these predictions end up being wrong, you can all look back at this and laugh at me, or whatever.

1. 100,000 copies in US (launch weekend), and 40,000 in Japan
2. It will take 3 months for the game to sell 1,000,000 million
3. Captain Toad will outsell Smash Wii U by 2 million worldwide by March 2015
4. The game will flop
5. Gamecube Smash Wii U bundle sales: 30,000 worldwide by March 2015
6. 35% of the Wii U's install base will buy the game
7. If/when 3DS owners buy a Wii U that own Smash 3DS, 10% of them will buy Smash Wii U
8. The game will have 2 million lifetime sales
9. It won't "save" the Wii U
10. Only hardcore Smash fans will buy the game
BONUS: 11. Captain Toad will have 4 million lifetime sales.

Bottom line: My expectations are extreeeeemley low. If the game does well, I will be really shocked.

So: Nintendo is too stupid, and your predictions are spot on?

I change my mind about 2 million lifetime sales: I now only predict 1 million.

Smash Mains:

CapeSmash

In classic mode, you can choose the enemies you defeated as a teammate in team battles. Pretty cool.

Smash Mains:

NintendoFan64

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

So I guess that means Rainbow Cruise, Mario Bros., Peach's Castle (Melee), Brinstar, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Mute City, Yoshi's Story, Green Greens, Magicant, WarioWare Inc., and Distant Planet aren't in the Wii U version.

Shame about Big Blue and the 3DS F-Zero and Mother stages, but I couldn't care less for the rest.

Not Big Blue! Sigh...at least we might be getting new Mother and F-Zero stages in the Wii U version that're hidden...I hope.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Smash_kirby

Wow, that game is beautiful masterpiece, watching the video at 60fps is making this game look even more awesome.

Smash_kirby

SparkOfSpirit

Super Mario World Medley! (It's amazing)

So good.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

― G.K. Chesterton

bloody_velvet

Does anyone know whether the Gamepad can read/scan an amiibo with a protective sleeve on?

Nintendo4life! 3DS FC: 4167-5841-4337 add me. Nintendo Network: ALANZH

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic