Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Thread

Showing 1,841 to 1,860 of 20,074

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,841. Posted:

I've noticed Pit's strange takeoff sequence too. I do think it's his up-B move, but rather then simply hopping into the air and flying like in Brawl, he immediately starts soaring instead of awkwardly flapping his wings. And judging by the diagonal angle he was going it is possibly a directional move as well.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,842. Posted:

Yes, I believe they basically balanced Pit's recovery. It was... somewhat broken in Brawl.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

BandG

1,843. Posted:

not to be a jerk or anything but I love LittlebigPlanet:D It's the reason I bought a PS3, which introduced me to many great 3rd and 1st party games! ok back to Smash Bros.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,844. Posted:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Yes, I believe they basically balanced Pit's recovery. It was... somewhat broken in Brawl.

It wasn't entirely broken though. If you got hit while using the move you couldn't fly again until you touched the ground (or got KO'd).

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

Orngeblu

1,845. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

It wasn't entirely broken though. If you got hit while using the move you couldn't fly again until you touched the ground (or got KO'd).

I've been abused using my recovery sometimes. :/ Not fun. I agree with you, but there are different ways to approach the ledge. You can go under the stage to the other side, or you can try to fake them out. Usually I go under the stage while still being near the ledge. I don't recall anyone countering it, though. I don't do it ALL the time, only when they're at the edge they can run off and hit me...so I take that into account before I consider what option I take. I've also had moments where when someone attacks me after I do my up special to recover, I press it again and it works. I'm not sure why exactly, though.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,846. Posted:

Kewlan wrote:

@SCAR392 If I'm correct, both things already exist in Brawl. The Pit thing was probably his Up+B. And the pikmin death thing; if you hit the pikmins in Brawl they die, just like in the picture.

They don't. Pit isn't flapping his wings to fly like he would in his up-B move. I actually thought the newest pic was a Samus jump move since I saw Pit's.

As for the Pikmin thing, I'm saying that Samus is still punching straight forward even while she's on the slope. If your on a slope in Brawl, your attacks are somewhat dictated by the angle of the slope.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

K964

1,847. Posted:

Now that Marth has been in a couple localized Fire Emblem games, do you think they'll finally give him an english voice actor?

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all I'm hoping to be.

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,848. Posted:

K964 wrote:

Now that Marth has been in a couple localized Fire Emblem games, do you think they'll finally give him an english voice actor?

I doubt it. The Japanese voice makes Marth, I think. It would feel weird having an English Marth after two games of Japanese

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,849. Posted:

K964 wrote:

That's been on my mind ever since I knew of his Shadow Dragon remake. But like @LuigiMan200 said it's practically Marth's "thing" that he talks in Japanese. Not to mention his rather, um, prissy lines are best not said in English lest even more people question his orientation...

AuthorMessage

Orngeblu

1,850. Posted:

For any character: Japanese voice > English. ;)

<3 Smash Bros.

AuthorMessage

Suicune

1,851. Posted:

Orngeblu wrote:

Two words: Solid. Snake.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,852. Posted:

Orngeblu wrote:

Koopa is a stupid sounding name

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

1,853. Posted:

Orngeblu wrote:

Peach has an amazing voice! Cackletta and Fawful seem to think so too!!! :P

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

1,854. Posted:

There's a petition to have Reggie in the game...with 5000+ "signatures"
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/masahiro-sakurai-sora-l...

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

1,855. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

I saw this yesterday on miiverse. I was laughing so much and still but I'm signing this and posting it around for how much fun it would be to have and play as him. I'm going to post this on other sites to get more support.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

1,856. Posted:

Pic of the Day! This one's a bit weird...
Untitled

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

DePapier

1,857. Posted:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

I saw this yesterday on miiverse. I was laughing so much and still but I'm signing this and posting it around for how much fun it would be to have and play as him. I'm going to post this on other sites to get more support.

Holy cow, this is hilarious:

Hubert Erglegrue NEW YOTK, NY 6 days ago Like 47
"Until age 9 my life had no meaning. I was little more than a wandering soul in an empty world that just couldn't understand me. I had no goals, no spirit, no meaning of any kind. All my teachers wanted to have me evaluated to figure out why I never talked to any of the other students, and my parents sulked to see their son so miserable and disconnected from the wonderful world they brought him into. It was as though I wasn’t meant to be, like I had been born into a life in which I never belonged. But then one day on what seemed to be another typical summer afternoon, I decided to turn on the TV to see what sort of cheap entertainment could help me get through another pointless day. The screen turned on and revealed a grand convention hall lined with hundreds in attendance. Suddenly lights lit up the stage and a dark figure walked out to the front. “My name is Reggie", he said, "I’m about kicking ass, I’m about taking names, and we’re about making games.” My eyes lit with wonder and fascination. “Reggie”, I repeated in my head, a name that seemed to imprint itself on the texture of my brain and sink deep within the chambers of my heart. A large smile slowly took over my face for the first time as I filled with a feeling of excitement and infatuation for this mysterious yet gorgeous man. Since that fateful day my mind has done little more than devote itself to the worship of Reggie Fils-Aime. What was once my commonplace bedroom is now a shrine dedicated to my Messiah. Not only has he coordinated the efforts of a massive videogame company and taught people why Nintendo is a corporation meant for people of all shapes, colors, and sizes, but he has also captured my heart. Since I heard of this man, my life has had real meaning. I now jump out of bed every morning with spirit coursing through my veins with the earnest hope of someday meeting this deity. I know not when I shall meet Reggie, but I know deep down that when I do, his body will be ready. Not only has he earned his spot in his company’s most anticipated new title, but he ought to have a game centered on his life and legacy. The fact that Nintendo had not begun production as soon as they heard his angelic voice is a sin unto itself, as Reggie does not do his own labor, but is telling us to take the next step. We, as members of the human race, can absolve ourselves if we put him in this game. Reggie is within all of us, now it is time to teach the world."

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Luther
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Therlu

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/01/15/f-zero-wii-u-lets-dream-it/
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/07/01/opinion-a-suggestion-for-a-wii-u-pricing-restructure/

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2063-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: Luther

AuthorMessage

Orngeblu

1,858. Posted:

Suicune wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

Two words: Solid. Snake.

.. Hmm...maybe I'd have to hear him in Japanese to know if I like it over english. xP

PloXyZeRO wrote:

[em]There's a petition to have Reggie in the game...with 5000+ "signatures"

>_> Yeah, I saw that on [insert site here] and I don't like it. I don't think it will happen even with that many signatures. Unless Sakurai really wants to please that 5000 (and counting) sigh...you guys and your outlandish character idea's...

If it does go through, I won't get over it like I did Wii Fit Trainer.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,859. Posted:

Big-Luigi wrote:

Pic of the Day! This one's a bit weird...
Untitled

The classic circus theme comes to mind.

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,860. Posted:

I feel like DK is becoming a source of comic relief in this entry, much moreso than in any other one.
@Reggie4SmashBros Sakurai's Cat is going to be in the next smash bros, it was already hinted at in Brawl. Nintendo already has a representative. u_u

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u