Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 27,917

Kewlan

Would there even be stickers this time, considering how the campaign will be?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

DreamyViridi

@Guitardude7 - I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Yeah; about 40-45 seems right. Anything above 50 would be nuts. It'd be awesome, but it's unrealistic.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Arminillo

Guitardude7 wrote:

Smash Bros (N64): 12

Melee: 25

Brawl: 35

It looks like they added an average of ten every installment, so 45 is a pretty safe argument.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

19Robb92

Guitardude7 wrote:

@19Robb92 He said veteran characters will be cut. He didn't say more new characters wont be added.

What exactly does that tell you though? it takes a LOT more time for them to ad a newcomer than a veteran. Go figure

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Snagrio

As long as the roster is at least 5 (or better yet 10) slots bigger then Brawl's, I'm happy.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

19Robb92

Guitardude7 wrote:

There's no way he wouldn't put in at least 40.

I hope you're right. I just can't see it happening though. We might get more newcomers but a smaller overall roster than Brawl.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

BlueBlur

Hey!
Because of the Roster size.. I think simply 35 would be way to low for a new SSB and Mr. Sakurai knows that.
Top reason of a SSB fan are the new character. Because you can't satisfy all players with simply a few character. If I remember back to Melee I was simply good with Falco and Link. They felt way better than the rest to me. Or with brawl.. Well brawl character are a bit different. I can play with all of them for the most part. But only 2 where I can use the best out of them. They are Ike and Snake.
So.. What is my point? What if they all had less character in the roster? What should I do if they weren't in the Roster because of the size?
They have to reach every Fan out there. The more character, the more customers.

BlueBlur

BandG

19Robb92 wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

There's no way he wouldn't put in at least 40.

I hope you're right. I just can't see it happening though. We might get more newcomers but a smaller overall roster than Brawl.

Think about it, the 3DS is more powerful than the Gamecube, and the Gamecube could definitely hold Brawls roster, so since it's more powerful, it can surely hold ten more than Brawl. There is no doubt in my mind that this game will have at least 45 characters, because does only 5 more characters warrant a new game?

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

BandG

personally i hope they terminate, or rework every clone

ShadJV

I expect 40-45, but I still have a small hope Sakurai surprises us with 50 characters. I hope cut characters are minimal and can later be added with DLC... I don't want clones cut, I just want them to be given their own move set so they aren't really clones... Anyways, I hope this is even larger than Brawl!!!

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

DreamyViridi

I feel that DLC character slots (if any) should be reserved for more obvious clones so the actual roster has plenty of room for originals. A couple of 'clones' would still be in the actual roster. Of course; some of the DLC characters would be original. That's just my idea though, I don't know.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Kewlan

I don't think the problem with limited characters is the amount of space, and I think you're all overestimating how much space it actually takes. A character is one model, a few sound files, and a bunch of code. I'm pretty sure adding 10 characters would be no problem, even on the 3DS since the sprites are not in HD, it would still be ok. Just compare it to a stage. It has A LOT of more textures, includes sound and code too.
-
Anyway, they could always add new characters in free updates, especially if they sell the game for 50€. I would though have no problem with it, if they sold it in a DLC for 10€.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Happy_Mask

Il-Fortissimo wrote:

Good choices @DestinyMan. I can't really disagree with any of them because when I imagine them in my head they all seem pretty fitting. Except for K. Rool, he seems a bit pudgy/slow to be fun to play as.

Ganondorf in brawl. K. Rool is likely gonna be faster than that.
Also, with all the Earthbound hype going around right now, I think we'll see someone replace Lucas. My guess is Paula or Poo, even though Jeff was an assist trophy. Maybe we'll even see Giygas as a boss? >:3

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Snagrio

I remember a rumor sometime before E3, it was another one of those "a random guy from inside Nintendo" and all that jazz, who said that K. Rool would be getting a makeover, probably like what Bowser got.

But that story been long debunked (I think).

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Chabbox

Guitardude7 wrote:

Lets be real here; how many characters do you think will be in the final roster? Just for reference here's the track record so far:

The leap between the original game and Melee saw the roster DOUBLE in the amount of characters. The leap between Melee and Brawl was very minimal with only 10 more characters. Sakurai has also stated that the Wii U and 3DS will have the same exact characters in their rosters which unfortunately means, the Wii U version will be held back by the 3DS version in that respect. I predict we'll at least see 40-45 characters in the final roster. What do you think?

40 Tops. Masahiro said he would be cutting down characters due to time constraints.

Chabbox

BandG

Chabbox wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Lets be real here; how many characters do you think will be in the final roster? Just for reference here's the track record so far:

The leap between the original game and Melee saw the roster DOUBLE in the amount of characters. The leap between Melee and Brawl was very minimal with only 10 more characters. Sakurai has also stated that the Wii U and 3DS will have the same exact characters in their rosters which unfortunately means, the Wii U version will be held back by the 3DS version in that respect. I predict we'll at least see 40-45 characters in the final roster. What do you think?

40 Tops. Masahiro said he would be cutting down characters due to time constraints.

actually he said he would be cutting down the number of returning veterans

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic