Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,141 to 18,160 of 27,917

Nintendo6400

NintyMan wrote:

Sakurai reflects on the huge effort to make a Super Smash Bros. game in Famitsu:

“Making things like this takes its toll. Developing Smash Bros. destroys a lot of one’s private life.”
“I constantly consider leaving part of the work to someone else, but there’s just too much to see and handle. As a result, I work from mornings to late nights, even on weekends and holidays. I hardly have any free time, let alone time to play other games.”

He reflected on his absolutely grueling workload for making Melee when he worked 13 months straight without a single day off. While not quite as bad, the new Smash Bros. games still required lots of time and effort.

“Towards the end, there were instances where I would work for 40 hours straight and then take 4 hours off to go home and sleep.”
“I’m not young anymore so I can’t push myself like I did then, but I feel that the busyness due to the sheer amount of features [in the games] was much greater this time around. My routine was trying to complete my daily work every day while doing my best to maintain my health day after day.”
“Sometimes I wind up thinking about life itself. Things like ‘why is it again that people are born?’ The work is large enough and difficult enough that it can affect how you look at life.”

If there is to be another Smash Bros. game, he'll need to re access his workload.

"I've passed my limit long ago."
“I wish I had time to think about what I want to do from here, but that doesn’t look like it’s going to be the case.”

He's still thankful to work on a game like Smash Bros. and hopes that what he writes will inspire those who want to go into the gaming industry.

“I believe I should be thankful that I am given such funds to be able to use such iconic characters and content that represent Japanese games with such freedom, and have multitudes of people across the world play with them.”
“I’m not depressed and I continue to remain healthy and positive, but developing Smash Bros. is beyond hard.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-reflects-on-the-huge-am...

Sakurai-san, you need a vacation.

It's comments like these that makes me truly appreciate Mr. Sakuarai's work, and hate when people complain too mugh about the game or those how ultimately prefer pm. Although his comments makesection me wonder, will ssb4 receive true dlc, or is Mewtwo really the last character?

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Undead_terror

Metroi wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Untitled

This is the demo icon for that leak.

If you can't read it, it says Super Smash Bros: DLC Demo Version

I cant see anything this is clearly a fake

BUTT I wasn't the one to say that Untitled

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Azooooz

Nintendo label isn't included within every game title, so it's fake.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Captain_Toad

Pic of the day. "Your finger stinks!!"
Untitled

"It is bitter, yet tasty."
Untitled

Eww.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

Sakurai reflects on the huge effort to make a Super Smash Bros. game in Famitsu:

“Making things like this takes its toll. Developing Smash Bros. destroys a lot of one’s private life.”
“I constantly consider leaving part of the work to someone else, but there’s just too much to see and handle. As a result, I work from mornings to late nights, even on weekends and holidays. I hardly have any free time, let alone time to play other games.”

He reflected on his absolutely grueling workload for making Melee when he worked 13 months straight without a single day off. While not quite as bad, the new Smash Bros. games still required lots of time and effort.

“Towards the end, there were instances where I would work for 40 hours straight and then take 4 hours off to go home and sleep.”
“I’m not young anymore so I can’t push myself like I did then, but I feel that the busyness due to the sheer amount of features [in the games] was much greater this time around. My routine was trying to complete my daily work every day while doing my best to maintain my health day after day.”
“Sometimes I wind up thinking about life itself. Things like ‘why is it again that people are born?’ The work is large enough and difficult enough that it can affect how you look at life.”

If there is to be another Smash Bros. game, he'll need to re access his workload.

"I've passed my limit long ago."
“I wish I had time to think about what I want to do from here, but that doesn’t look like it’s going to be the case.”

He's still thankful to work on a game like Smash Bros. and hopes that what he writes will inspire those who want to go into the gaming industry.

“I believe I should be thankful that I am given such funds to be able to use such iconic characters and content that represent Japanese games with such freedom, and have multitudes of people across the world play with them.”
“I’m not depressed and I continue to remain healthy and positive, but developing Smash Bros. is beyond hard.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-reflects-on-the-huge-am...

Sakurai-san, you need a vacation.

Agreed. He definitely could use one. I mean, the fact he's been working for 4 years straight (I'm including KI: U's development here) just to make us happy is one of the main reasons he's among my favorite video-game developers. That and the fact that he's awesome.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

FriedSquid

Undead_terror wrote:

Also I'm not saying it's real or fake but I hate everyone coming to conclusions so quickly, remember when this was a "photoshop"?

Untitled

Exactly. The current "leak" looks considerably less credible than the ESRB one, but I think you guys lost your minds when you thought Shulk's icon was Little Mac's photoshopped.

Anyways, the leak is probably fake, that's plain to see. But the leaker claims to show new, better quality video soon. It's only a matter of time, if he keeps his promise, that we'll see if this is real or not. We shouldn't really say it's fake for sure quite yet.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

DefHalan

DefHalan wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Does anyone know what the 1.0.3 update changed? I can't find anywhere that says what the "balance changes" were. I have heard grabs and throws were changed but I also heard it is a placebo effect. Does anyone know what was actually changed?

You can't see the results of Conquest before it's over.Also, I'm sure everyone's favourite stability has returned.

I am looking for Gameplay changes. I knew about the Conquest stuff

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TuVictus

Undead_terror wrote:

Also I'm not saying it's real or fake but I hate everyone coming to conclusions so quickly, remember when this was a "photoshop"?

Untitled

Haha yeah I remember. "Wario's pupil is gone! This is the fakest leak ever. Do they really expect us to believe that?! "

TuVictus

Gridatttack

He had to blurr the image of the 'demo' name so he could photoshop it easier and hide details that would otherwise prove it is fake...

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

LucinaSmash

Use Chrome browser to actually watch it in 60fps. Remember to set the videos quality to 720p60fps or 1080p60fps. If it's just 720p or 1080p then the video is not in 60fps

I'm really surprise how this gorgeous game runs, faster than Brawl. I also discover that the latest Nintendo Direct is not in 60fps.

Edited on by LucinaSmash

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

SparkOfSpirit

"DLC Demo"? I mean, really? Come on, guys, that ain't happening.

I see Sakurai is back to the wacky pic of the days. Can't really blame him, there isn't much left for him to reveal outside of things like stages.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

DreamyViridi

NintyMan wrote:

Also, more 60 FPS gameplay footage:

That fps is so nice. I remember I was stunned at how smooth the 3DS movement was, but this is really... wow. This is just pleasing to watch. Also, "Conquest" from Fire Emblem: Awakening made it in, I could not be happier!

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Blast

DreamyViridi wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Also, more 60 FPS gameplay footage:

That fps is so nice. I remember I was stunned at how smooth the 3DS movement was, but this is really... wow. This is just pleasing to watch. Also, "Conquest" from Fire Emblem: Awakening made it in, I could not be happier!

The music is amazing!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Pootypie

Undead_terror wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Untitled

This is the demo icon for that leak.

If you can't read it, it says Super Smash Bros: DLC Demo Version

LOL it's soooo hard to take a good pic
Untitled

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

SparkOfSpirit

Smash Tour looks really fun.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

CapeSmash

Undead_terror wrote:

Untitled

Please don't compare this new leak to that leak. This new DLC leak. is so poorly done, and the artwork used for the characters can be found online. It's not even worth discussing. It's pretty sad when this leak is getting more respect than the ESRB. These leaks are so EXTREMELY easy to make, that it's not even funny. My brother (which is 13 mind you) makes fake leaks just like these in under 15 minutes. Anyone, at any age, on any editing program can make these.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Undead_terror

@SockoMario Well that's what they said about the old leak including yourself, if this happens to be true like the old one then I should have the right to rub it in, can't get back at me because I'm not sure yet but people are too fast to judge while I'm just waiting.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic