Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,041 to 18,060 of 27,917

retropunky

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Dr. Mario, Ludwig, Duck Hunt, Pacman and Ness are gonna be my mains, though I'm not exactly sure about Ness. Lately I've been having some difficulties with him, so I'm gonna have to practice.

I'm not sure what it is but I find this new version of Ness better than Brawl, and maybe even Melee too.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

CapeSmash

TeeJay wrote:

I'm still smarting about Special Smash not being in the 3DS version. Why the hell not?! It's perfectly capable of handling all of it! Even clear Smash! One of the Skull Kid's effects is turning fighters invisible! It just feels like they left it out on purpose just so the Wii U version can be superior for people to buy it.

Funny thing is, if you go to Sound Test in the 3DS version and go through the narrator's voice clips, one of them makes him say "Special Smash". I thought that was pretty weird.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

NintendoFan64

PKpunky wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Dr. Mario, Ludwig, Duck Hunt, Pacman and Ness are gonna be my mains, though I'm not exactly sure about Ness. Lately I've been having some difficulties with him, so I'm gonna have to practice.

I'm not sure what it is but I find this new version of Ness better than Brawl, and maybe even Melee too.

I know. I don't why, but lately I've been rather lackluster with him, which is weird because before I could play as him in this game just fine.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

MasterWario

Mii Mage seems like a pretty good idea, since I don't recall there being a pure mage in Smash.

I also think Mii Hunter and Mii Chemist could be cool ideas.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

retropunky

NintendoFan64 wrote:

PKpunky wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

I know. I don't why, but lately I've been rather lackluster with him, which is weird because before I could play as him in this game just fine.

I think I added you in the online thread so we could fight, but in the meantime just keep at it. Maybe when Lucas comes back, it will give you a boost

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Grumblevolcano

MasterWario wrote:

Mii Mage seems like a pretty good idea, since I don't recall there being a pure mage in Smash.

I also think Mii Hunter and Mii Chemist could be cool ideas.

I'd much rather get a Fire Emblem mage instead. Soren or Tormod comes to mind (I know everyone's wanting Tharja but I'd much rather get some more Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn characters)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DreamyViridi

@Grumblevolcano - While I think Micaiah would make a decent Fire Emblem candidate, I think Robin already fills that role well enough. Plus, to avoid everyone complaining about over-representation, Miis can do a decent job; they do use magic in their Find Mii/Streetpass Quest games after all.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Grumblevolcano

@DreamyViridi To me if anything is over-represented it's definitely Miis, I feel they take away the Nintendo feel away from Nintendo games. Remember back in games like Mario Kart Double Dash where all characters were from the Mario franchise, now look at Mario Kart 8. Even though I'm happy with Link also to some extent Isabelle and Villager, you'll still see most online matches plagued with Miis.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@DreamyViridi To me if anything is over-represented it's definitely Miis, I feel they take away the Nintendo feel away from Nintendo games. Remember back in games like Mario Kart Double Dash where all characters were from the Mario franchise, now look at Mario Kart 8. Even though I'm happy with Link also to some extent Isabelle and Villager, you'll still see most online matches plagued with Miis.

I think Nintendo really wants Miis to be involved with their games nowadays, I really hope they don't go that direction... Also I think that Mario games should have Mario characters only so it is its own not with other series characters (besides Donkey Kong).

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

SparkOfSpirit

Kirby, Ness, Toon Link, and Ludwig are my current mains. Will be in Wii U, as well.

PKpunky wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Ness was atrocious in Melee.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

DefHalan

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Oh my! Supposed dlc leak!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pFNhYHPAhhg
Most likely fake, but I kinda wanna hear what you guys think of it.

Looks fake to me. I always find it weird when they don't show both screens. Plus I always think leaks are fake.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Joeynator3000

Eh, I'll just stick with Greninja and Duck Hunt like I do on the 3DS. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

Ugh, I'm sick on leaked videos, we're currently in the year of 2014....MAKE BETTER VIDEOS!! lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

NintendoFan64

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Oh my! Supposed dlc leak!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pFNhYHPAhhg
Most likely fake, but I kinda wanna hear what you guys think of it.

It's definitely one of the more realistic looking leaks I've seen, but some of the character icons look a bit...off. I'm not buying it. Still, I would love for it to be true. Just add Lucas and the Ice Climbers and it'd be a dream come true.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

DreamyViridi

I've already said my sentiments about that leak on the 3DS thread. Not worth paying attention to at the moment.

@Grumblevolcano, @TheGreatGamer - I never thought about Miis getting over-represented. They are a relatively big part of Nintendo right now, though I understand your opinions. As for MK8, well that's a matter of personal taste, I guess. Some people love the idea of crossovers, others don't. Regardless, I think the "Nintendo feel" is still there, even if said feel is a bit different, if that makes any sense.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

CapeSmash

Fakeist leak I've ever seen. So poorly made. I can even make that.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Pootypie

SockoMario wrote:

Fakeist leak I've ever seen. So poorly made. I can even make that.

Lol at least "Iwata" posted in the comment section

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Nintendo6400

I know right? The guy even said that he would post a bit info on Saturday. I tend to find these fake leaks humorous.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic