Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Thread

Showing 1,801 to 1,820 of 8,205

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,801. Posted:

For the record, Sakurai did let us spoil everything in Brawl if we wanted to. Ironically, I chose to spoil everything in Brawl except the Subspace Emissary.

If he's so concerned about spoilers, then why couldn't he have learned from Kid Icarus Uprising and kept the details of the story in the Adventure Mode a complete secret? Before Kid Icarus Uprising was released, no one had a clue that Hades was the true villain and there were many other characters like Viridi and new kinds of enemies. Before the game was released, everyone thought it was just going to be Pit fighting against Medusa just like in the old days. I know it's a different kind of game, but Sakurai did a fantastic job at keeping away spoilers and surprising people playing through the game's story for the first time. I don't see why he couldn't have done the same for a cinematic Adventure Mode in these new Super Smash Bros. games.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

1,802. Posted:

Perhaps this also has to do with his previous statements on why Uprising didn't have any long cutscenes.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/02/masahiro_sakurai_sto...

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo, Dillon, Mallo, Wonder-Red, and Duck Hunt Dog for Smash!

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,803. Posted:

Been thinking about it more, and I have two theories regarding Sakurai's decision beyond the whole Internet uploading thing. One, as @AlexSays has mentioned, is to cut down on development time. Two, more wishful thinking, is that animated shorts will be made later on like Kid Icarus: Uprising and Pikmin 3 did (though the Pikmin shorts are yet to be released).

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

AllAroundGamer9

1,804. Posted:

So since Smash won't have a story like Brawl, will they focus more on the characters and stages instead?

AllAroundGamer9

Twitter: AllAroundGamer9

AuthorMessage

K964

1,805. Posted:

Dev wrote:

Today's Pic of the Day shows a bit more of the Garden of Hope stage.
Untitled
It gets me how people on Miiverse have been complaining at Sakurai to show something new every day. They don't realize that these games won't release for another full year or possibly the year after that! Sakurai can take his time leaking details.

I think I see Drake in the background! It's hard to tell because of the depth of field. (It maybe another ship.) Maybe the Garden of Hope is really big, or a scrolling stage.

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!

AuthorMessage

Orngeblu

1,806. Posted:

You are seeing Drake in the background. No doubt about it. That stage looks like it'll be a side-scrolling stage, also.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,807. Posted:

I was looking at some Smash Bros. news from June 15 when Sakurai first said that the single-player campaign won't be like the Subspace Emissary, and he said this about cutscenes.

"One think we can do with the Smash Bros. series that's unique to us, because we have all these different disparate characters brought together- is we can create that sort of fan-move experience as a special gift. But now those things are posted on the internet, it doesn't really become a gift for people who played the game. What we have decided this time around, we're just going to have those movies unlocked from the beginning. We're going to have a movie for Wii Fit Trainer, The Villager, and Mega Man, and they'll be viewable right at the beginning, you can watch those right away."

There's still going to be cutscenes, just not like we were used to in Brawl. Every character has his or her own cutscene with character interaction. So to say that there won't be any cutscenes in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS is technically false.

Edited on by DestinyMan

1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Kewlan

1,808. Posted:

@Dev That pretty much answers all our questions.

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

1,809. Posted:

That quote only mentions having clips available for three characters. Nothing about single player cutscenes.

There's still no difference in terms of how the game works. Those clips will still be uploaded online, they just won't be incorporated into the gameplay according to that article. Seemingly only because if they're incorporated into the gameplay, they won't feel as 'special' for people who choose to watch them ahead of time?

They're still not doing us a great favor here. I want some sort of indication that the single player has been improved upon, since thus far they've only discussed what the game doesn't have.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

mamp

1,810. Posted:

What if they just do the cut-scenes like in fighting games, cutscene in the beginning fight a couple rounds and a cutscene at the end and they're all connected somehow and you have to use every character to piece in the story.

Also I hope the game comes out great even though they're rushing it. We all know what happened with RE 6 and they had over 600 people working on that game in order to get it out fast enough. I know Sakurai is great and all but when you have to rush sometimes you just don't have the time to put your best ideas to work.

Edited on by mamp

Marry Me!!!
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

1,811. Posted:

I think it will do fine. Melee is the most beloved and only took 13 months to make.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

1,812. Posted:

I wonder how big the soundtrack will be.
Brawl's was huge.

If the My Music function doesn't return, it'll probably be just one song per stage, with the occasional alternate song that is available on some stages (Yoshi's Island and Onett being two examples).

I'd be fine with that, but I'd still miss the My Music feature. Just like how I am fine with the way the single-player mode is going to be this time around, but will still miss the way the cutscenes were presented. It's not as epic as in Brawl, but it works. I just hope they make it more like a balance between side-scrolling "Race To The Finish" platforming in stages based on Nintendo universes (Mushroom Kingdom and Underground Maze) and battles, and not just mostly the latter. That was one thing that disappointed me about Melee's adventure mode.

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, NOPE

My 3DS needs to be repaired. It won't turn on anymore.

The Blue Blur VS. The Blue Bomber.

Miiverse Profile

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

Brilliance

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

1,813. Posted:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

Melee only took 13 months to make.

Where did you get this information? Source?

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, NOPE

My 3DS needs to be repaired. It won't turn on anymore.

The Blue Blur VS. The Blue Bomber.

Miiverse Profile

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

Brilliance

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,814. Posted:

mamp wrote:

What if they just do the cut-scenes like in fighting games, cutscene in the beginning fight a couple rounds and a cutscene at the end and they're all connected somehow and you have to use every character to piece in the story.

Also I hope the game comes out great even though they're rushing it. We all know what happened with RE 6 and they had over 600 people working on that game in order to get it out fast enough. I know Sakurai is great and all but when you have to rush sometimes you just don't have the time to put your best ideas to work.

Well Sakurai can always just do what he does best and delay it if he feels it isn't up to his high standards. Then again Mewtwo and possibly Roy were planned to be added in Brawl but there wasn't enough time... Same can be said for Sonic and Snake for Melee.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

1,815. Posted:

OdnetninAges wrote:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

Melee only took 13 months to make.

Where did you get this information? Source?

One of these 2 have it in there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ciImvi3KCk&list=PL26D7E5A...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcPipl6RAfQ&list=PL26D7E5A...

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

Kewlan

1,816. Posted:

Untitled
I like dem effects!

ಠ_ಠ

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,817. Posted:

According to Sakurai:
"The impact-launch effect has been powered up. The assigned color makes it clear which player will get points in the event of a KO."

I really like that. Sometimes it was a mystery to know who was winning during a timed battle.

I've also read somewhere, probably Super Smash Wiki, that the KO sounds more like an explosion than in past games.

1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Varia01

1,818. Posted:

Kewlan wrote:

Untitled
I like dem effects!

me too!! That's an awesome pic! :D

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,819. Posted:

So if I'm looking at that picture right and judging from...

Dev wrote:

According to Sakurai:
"The impact-launch effect has been powered up. The assigned color makes it clear which player will get points in the event of a KO."

Player 1 KO'd Samus and Player 3 (?) KO'd Link.
That's a nice feature that may end the occasional shouting of "What?! That was my KO!".

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

1,820. Posted:

Varia01 wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

Untitled
I like dem effects!

me too!! That's an awesome pic! :D

And of course I guess that's what their going to look like when they get knocked out of the ring. Or about to.

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
Deviantart Profile. <- Going through a DK phrase.
The Chit Chat crew! <- A thread full of...intresting things.
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder