Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 181 to 200 of 27,917

Adam

No wonder you don't like it. That's not a problem with Brawl though, that's just not having a good group to play with. I play every weekend with some other users here, and (aside from someone), we never have any lag issues. Brawl was awful online when it started, but it's really not an issue anymore if everyone has a good connection.

Sticker mode and characters have nothing to do with each other. As much as I'd like more characters, 35 is a LOT, and there's no reason to think the same person who programs stickers is capable of programming and balancing new characters.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Adam

You need to find people online to Brawl with then. We don't play with items. Every weekend, just pop in NL Chat and say hi if you want to light the Brawl fire again.

Come on, friends,

komicturtle

I go on AllIsBrawl to find matches. Better place to find it there than here. Of course, you have the ignorant and obnoxious members there who think they're on top lol

Had to crush some spirits there and they leave me alone (something not allowed here in NL).

Anyhow, I wish there was a separate friend's list for SSb WiiU because I don't think there's lots of people here who are competative like me. I could be wrong, but from the looks of it.. No.

komicturtle

Adam

KomicZ wrote:

I don't think there's lots of people here who are competative like me. I could be wrong, but from the looks of it.. No.

Yea, depending on what you mean by competitive, pretty sure you're wrong there. If you mean super awesome, maybe not (no one plays Metaknight, anyway), but we play seriously (for the most part) and have some good competition. Like I said, go to nintendolife.com/chat on weekends (I don't think anyone plays over the week — I don't) and you will find someone to play with. You won't find any pushovers, even if you are better than all of us, and if you are, it is always good to learn from someone better. We had some good games tonight and I hope to get some more in tomorrow and/or Sunday.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Hejiru

Tasuki wrote:

Super Smash Bros. Cafe Thread???

What did they open up a rival for Starbucks or something?? Seriously this isnt the new title for the next Smash Bros game is it?

No. The Wii U's code name before it was revealed was Project Cafe. So when this thread was made, it was about the possibility of a Smash Bros on the "Cafe".

Hejiru

komicturtle

I'm not saying I'm better than anyone. Heck, I only like playing dubs now because 1v1s gets boring unless I'm playing with a good friend. I don't main MK too. My two mains are Kirby and Ness. I also like playing as other characters for fun and only play my mains if I'm actually liking the fights and having real fun. Dunno, just a habit. Always use the princesses or Jigglypuff at the start and Yoshi after, usually.

komicturtle

Adam

JumpMad and I have had some epic Jiggly Vs. Yoshi matches. I would like to say that the puffster usually comes out on top, but ... probably not. It's even at best, for me.

Anyway, this is not the thread for it so I'll stop my advertising with this post, but you and Waveboy should stop by chat one weekend. We've been getting a few new players lately, and whenever we have enough four doubles, I always push for it. I like 1 on 1 a lot, but I love teams in just about any game, Smash included. Makes me feel less frustrated when I lose since I can just blame my partner, haha.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

komicturtle

I like dubs because it's more frantic and fun. FFAs are real fun too with items. I can't play smash because I don't have a home yet, so hopefully I'm settled within the next two weeks because I need my daily dose of Smash Bros.

komicturtle

Shining-Void

I hope they keep ness and toon link cause they are my best characters along with lucas i just hope thet bring the gameplay and crazynes from melee

Shining-Void

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

TheKingOfTown

It's too bad my Brawl broke. I would love to face you guys in a match.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

komicturtle

Actually, I hope they balance things out using Brawl and Melee aspects. Thanks to homebrew, people have been able to make the game real balanced and play similarly to Melee while retaining the best aspects of Brawl (random tripping of course is always removed in these hacks unless another character makes you trip like Kirby and Zelda's d-tilt).

Melee is pretty broken and even Sakurai says it was "incomplete". Not to mention the bugs it had (though, I never encountered any personally). Getting back into Melee is hard and it's so broken compared to Brawl. But it's still a great game and one I have so many great memories of. It's just I like Brawl much more than it because it's much more balanced than Melee in terms of character match ups and it's more responsive.

It's getting easier and easier to beat MK and Snake nowadays.

komicturtle

TheKingOfTown

KomicZ wrote:

Actually, I hope they balance things out using Brawl and Melee aspects. Thanks to homebrew, people have been able to make the game real balanced and play similarly to Melee while retaining the best aspects of Brawl (random tripping of course is always removed in these hacks unless another character makes you trip like Kirby and Zelda's d-tilt).

Melee is pretty broken and even Sakurai says it was "incomplete". Not to mention the bugs it had (though, I never encountered any personally). Getting back into Melee is hard and it's so broken compared to Brawl. But it's still a great game and one I have so many great memories of. It's just I like Brawl much more than it because it's much more balanced than Melee in terms of character match ups and it's more responsive.

It's getting easier and easier to beat MK and Snake nowadays.

I actually would rather have the new game based on Melee's physics, because I like the faster action it gives. Although I agree Brawl balanced characters better. For instance, Roy is pretty much the most useless character ever when there is Marth as an option. Marth is stronger (that surprised me), faster, harder to KO, etc.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

Adam

If they start development soon while Nintendo is still nursing this apparent tanooki fever, maybe they'll replace Mario's FLUDD with something more useful like a down B that drops a leaf from the sky, which if you grab transforms you into raccoon Mario until you're hit.

Come on, friends,

bro2dragons

I think one of the most obvious additions is Saki or one of the characters from Sin and Punishment 2. I believe Sakurai said something about wanting to make Saki playable in Brawl but ran into some sort of problem (I can't remember what it was, but I remember it sounding minor at the time), so he just made him an assist trophy instead.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

komicturtle

Yeah, even on the Brawl Dojo website blog, under Saki's post he mentions "He fits in perfectly in the fight." which he never really said about other Assist Trophies.

And Saki does fit in...

Maybe Isa and Saki can both be in.

komicturtle

TheKingOfTown

Adam wrote:

If they start development soon while Nintendo is still nursing this apparent tanooki fever, maybe they'll replace Mario's FLUDD with something more useful like a down B that drops a leaf from the sky, which if you grab transforms you into raccoon Mario until you're hit.

Yeah, that FLUDD is useless. I'd prefer it if they just brought back the Mario Tornado as his Down B move.

Adam

That would also be acceptable. Having the cape and the tail would be weird, anyway. I started to think maybe they'd replace the cape with the tail, but... there's really no predicting. When I saw them reveal gliding in Brawl, I thought for sure Mario would be able to use the cape to glide. It would have been great to see the cape used like a parachute again, but nope.

Come on, friends,

bro2dragons

@Adam: I actually use predominantly Mario and to be honest, F.L.U.D.D. is the only reason why. I thought Mario Sunshine was all right, but not an amazing Mario game by any means, so it's not just fanship that makes me say that. If you're a casual player, it's worthless, yes, but most matches I win are because of that little device. It's invaluable when your opponent is attempting to regain the stage after being knocked/thrown off, or to stop their advance and simultaneously set up for a quick smash attack. If they take out the F.L.U.D.D., I'll be sorely disappointed.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

Adam

I didn't say it was worthless. Someone else did. It is rarely useful though, at least compared to the spin attack. Most good characters have a good enough recovery that FLUDD will not phase them. I think it is a really cool idea. If they do keep it, I just hope they make it better because it stands, I prefer the old Mario (well, I like Dr. Mario even better, but that's another discussion altogether).

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic